Its a Cool Date

Finally You

 

Baekhyun woke up looking in the unfamiliar surrounding around him that morning, squinted to clear his blurry vision. Blinking a few times to adjust the light in the room. His room looks different. Feeling a bit dizzy, Baekhyun threw his head back to the pillow when his head started spinning. Inhale... exhale... inhale... exhale... inh- wwait a second!

Is his mother bought him a new closet and desk and curtain and eww... since when he wears this kind of sheet? Hold on. Is this even his room?

Baekhyun jerked his body up when he has returned to his sense. Once again taking the unfamiliar surrounding of the room. Getting out of the bed as soon as he has confirmed that this is indeed not his bedroom.

“Oh hi, you are awake?”

Taken by suprise Baekhyun abruptly turning his body around, almost falling when the strong arms catch his body, pulling him back so he can stand in his spot properly.

“Be carefull, it’s priseless.” He said, flashing Baekhyun his usual bright smile, the only thing that Baekhyun familiar this morning was that bright smile on Kai’s face. Kai’s face may be familiar to him but his presence in the morning like this was not.

“What are you doing here so early in the morning?” Baekhyun sat on the bed as his head started spinning again and he realize that he had actually standing while holding Kai’s arms all this  time make him felt dizzy.

“Uhmm.., first, it’s not early morning anymore. And this is my house.”

‘what,’ Baekhyun was stunned and he felt a hundred times more dizzy now.

“Are you okay? Did I shock you again?” Kai said knelt down on his knees, he placed a hand on Baekhyun’s right cheek. And he have no idea why his right cheeks felt so hot from Kai’s touch. He feels like puking.

“I-I’m dizzy,” Baekhyun stuttered, he doesn’t really know how hard to say what he had just said.

“I’m sure it’s your Hangover. Oh and i’m sorry..., you passed out last night and I didn’t know where you lived, so that's why I brought you to my house, sorry if its not comfortable enough.”

“We drinks?” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. Didn’t really remember anything happen last night.

Kai nodded and stood up, “Guess you didn’t do well with alcohol,” he chuckled and reached out to place a hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder and the other one on Baekhyun’s legs before he carried the smaller and made  his way out of the room.

“Wha-”

“Your hangover will make you dizzy when you walk, so just stay still until we reach the kitchen. A glass of orange juice will help your hangover.”

Baekhyun sighed in resignation. Damn his dizziness feeling, it just won’t go away and Kai make it worse. Baekhyun can give you a guarantee that his cheeks is as red as a tomato, he blame it on his Hangover.

 

 

-

 

‘I’m going to need all the help i can get’. Baekhyun sank his body deeper into the couch as his mother sends him a fiery looks, Her hands ware up to her waist. She just kept nagging at him and raises her voice more second by second.

“BYUN BAEKHYUN!! HOW AM I RAISE YOU AS A CHILD?!”

 “Mama raised me really good, I’m so sorry, love. It won’t happen again.”

“YOU DON’T EVEN GIVE ME A CALL! OR TEXT!”

The fact that indeed he doesn’t give a single call to his mother starting to makes him guilty. She was always worried about Baekhyun. Her one and only son. He knows, but it's not like Baekhyun can do it, Kai says Baekhyun drunk and then passed out last night, okay... maybe he could give a call before he get drunk, but he doesn’t know if he would get that drunk too. So it's not fully my fault.

“Mama, my Lovely mom, My phone died. And i’m already 20. I know what i’m doing, baby...” Baekhyun sadly whining in attempt to bribe his mother with his cuteness.

“Haaiiiss.., you’re really really annoying!!!” Mama scowled and hit his arm in resignation, “Eat your lunch!”

Confused, Baekhyun innocently looked at his Mother, he wakes up at Kai house in definitely not morning and he finnaly willing to let him go home in the late afternoonIt, So this can’t be possible back into daylight again, right? “But it’s already dinner time.”

“You didn’t eat your lunch. Eat your lunch and then take your dinner. Now! Thats an order.”

Oh...

 

 

-

 

Kai threw his bag onto the grass before dropping his body on it as he sighed loudly. He closed his eyes as the sun decided to shines too bright today, such a waste of light because he had too much of a today. He began to use his hand to tear the grass under his hand apart, as an impingement of his frustration, he doesn’t care to the stares he received from his surrounding.

Unfortunately the grass flakes lands on his face, considering that maybe it was due to his own whims. he just shrugged it off. But then the grass kept falling on his face and that leaves him mad.

He was ready to spat to anyone who dared to interrupt his depression moment when he saw Baekhyun sitting beside him holding a pinch of grass that seemed ready to land on his face again.

“I’m out of my mind, back in five minutes.” Kai said, closed his eyes again, this time using his left arm. To be very very honest he didin’t really meant it. He actually wanted Baekhyun to just sat there, for him, calm him down or just sat by his side.

But Baekhyun remained silent, for a moment Kai even thought that Baekhyun've actually left him alone before he felt the grass landing on his face again.

“Five minutes,” Baekhyun said jokingly.

Kai breathed a sigh of relief before blurted out his depression, “My entire life is a .”

“Yeah? What happened?”

“My language lecturers reject my paper, even I've been working on it like my life depend on it. He said, I lack at the sources, so my analysis kind of mess. And do you know that when I was on my way to give this goddamn language papers, my ban car just blow-out and I ended up running all the way here. And oh..., i accidently punched myself in the face while trying to pull my book out from my bag. If that doesn’t accurately describe my life is a , i don’t know what does.”

“Yeah, life is like that sometimes. ” Baekhyun chuckled lightly, wrapping his arms around his legs.

“Hey Baekhyun, you are my friend, right?” Kai asked after a small silent, Baekhyun simply nodded. “You should make me feel better.”

Baekhyun looks down at his friend as he thought for a moment , “Okay, how?”

“Go on a cool date with me.”

“Wha-i- Date?”

“No.., its not just a date, its a cool date.”

Baekhyun tried to protest, but Kai obviously wouldn’t take a 'no'.

 

-

 

“How is this called a date?”

“How is this not called a date?”

“You asked me to accompany you for a nap. You actually asked me to go on a date for a nap? How is it a date?”

“It is a cool date, Baekhyun. A cool date. Now stop complaining and come here, take a really long nap with me.” This time Kai blinks his eyes obnoxiously until Baekhyun sigh.

“Come here, Baekhyun.”

Mildly glaring instead of complaining again like his brain has planed. He starting to get a minor headeache beacause all of this and his inner beatle. Like why did he let Kai dragged him to his car, and took them back to his house, no scratch that. How on earth he agreed to this kai-cool- date-things plans in the first place?

“i’m  smilling, this should scare you,” Kai tried again.

Baekhyun sighs again as he watches Kai lay his head on the pillow. He ignores the glare Baekhyun send to him and chooses to pull Baekhyun to lay down next to him instead, he reaches across Baekhyun to pull the blanket over both of them, then tucking his head right into Baekhyuns shoulder.

Baekhyun mumbled softly, pokes Kais cheeks away from his shoulder with his two fingers. “You’re Imposible, Kai.”

Kai whines but doesnt hestiate to move more closer again and tucking his head right into the crook of Baekhyun’s neck this time. “hmmm.., Is that a good thing?” he said in a small voice, his eyes is already fluttering to close

And in a minutes Kai falls asleep with his mouth lightly hanging open. Baekhyun is confused but he just let Kai sleep there. For some reason that he didn’t know why, he’s glad that Kai is asleep and choose to leans over on him.  But is that a bit strange? Like, why he felt honored and fluttered and just basically all happy. There is this unfamiliar feeling inside his chest, his heart was beating a little faster and his stomach doing some flips. Isn’t it a bit strange? The whole things?

With a shake of his head, Baekhyun shoo all thoughts in his mind away and carefully look at the sleeping person beside him. ‘Just this time’ he thought. He breathes deeply, letting his hand running on Kai’s back before his eyes close on its own.

 

 

-

Kai woke up when he felt a phone vibrate abrutly beside his pillow 2 hours later, curse under his breath he grasps the phone to check on it. Oh Baekhyuns privacy! A new text massege from unknown number has popped up onto the screen. hesitated for a moment to wakes Baekhyun up or just wait for him until he wakes up before he put the phone back in its place. This can wait for awhile

A wide grin slaps itself on his face, it feels like dream, that the person who he have been dreaming for countless of times is right in front of him, sleeping peacefully. Though nothing happened but he can’t help his geeky face blushed oh so silly.

Kai remember the first time he saw Baekhyun steps awkwardly into his technique class. Something about his soft black hair with streaks of what he presume is his natural hair color throughout it. but what really draw his attention to stare at him is his eyes, his brown eyes slightly hidden under his a little messy hair, soon enough Kai can’t stop thinking about the boy. The thing is that Kai couldn’t muster enough courage to speak or to just simply to say hello to Baekhyun. It’s so damn frustating!

“What’s with the smiley look on your face?”

Kai stopped his trailling mind when he found the face that he adores so much staring right at him, “Nothing, Just... I’m happy.”

“I think you have a bad day?”

“Not anymore because you’re here,” Kai admitted sheepishly before leaning to pulling  baekhyun phone out, the massege could be important, right? “Here...You've got a text.”

Baekhyun frowned as soon as he open the massege. Still Frowning, he slided his feets out of the blanket and hastly walking out of bed as he furiously typing away on his screen.

“Hallo? Lu? Whats wrong? Luhan, are you alright?” Baekhyun said as soon as the other line answer the call. The last sentence is barely audible as Baekhyun already out of the room. But its clear enough for Kai to hear. He can’t help the sudden feeling of -‘a little’- disappointed rose up in his about telling Baekhyun that he got a message.

 “Whats wrong?” he asked when Baekhyun returned back to the room, he turned to staring  at Baekhyun, hoping for some eye contact, some attention. The other  didn’t give any respond at that. He just busy and hastily piled his things and sling his back pack with his confuse face remained.

“Whats wrong? Where are you going?” he tried again, only hoping for a proper answer for his curiousity this time.

Baekhyun turned his head toward the other. His eyes were down and a little gone, “Uh.. my b-I meant someone needs me now, so i’m sorry but i need to go now.” Baekhyun said hurriedly and left the room, too rushed to fake a godbye smile at Kai.

Kai knew something wasn’t okay with him when Baekhyun left him alone. He could only look at Baekhyun backs. This Luhan or whoever he is must be really important to Baekhyun, and he didn’t feel that happy anymore.