He Quietly Hoped

Finally You

Baekhyun eyes narrowed when he saw his mother was busy arranging a few cookies in the jar and theres too much food on the table. There are only two of them who live in this house, right?

“Hi,” Baekhyun greeted as he walked closer to the place where his mother was

“Oh.., you’re home, here say ‘aah’,” Mama gave him a spoonful of banana split, however Baekhyun must admit, that his mother cooking is delicious and always pretty edible. This time Baekhyun see an egg roll, chicken with sauce, pasta and there is also a few desserts, Blackforest cakes with lots of cream and cherry fruit, a plate of banana split, chocolate pudding with vanilla sauce and .. ooh, Mama is pouring a full of strawberry juice into the glass.

“Wow, is this day kind of special?” Baekhyun asked, titling his head as he trying to remember.

“You can say.”

Baekhyun frowned when he did not find there was something quite special to be celebrated today. “It’s not my birthday. Right?”

“No, it isn’t.”

“It’s not your birtday too. Your birthday was about two mounts ago.”

“you are right. again.”

“It’s not mothers day.”

“No. it isn’t mothers day,” Mama claimed happily, then looked at him carefully, and somehow his mother eyes make him  flinched like a child, “Let’s talk, dear. it’s mother-son day,”

It has long time for Baekhyun not talk to his mother, a real talk, not just an questions-and-answer  about his routine. A real talk. "What is it?" Baekhyun asked, after realizing his mother  has looked at him intently.

“I want to talk about you. Honestly, you’ve been so quiet lately and you are not as cheerfully as usual. Is there something wrong, do you have a problem? About school, friends, or Luhan? You can tell me anything?“

“huh?”

“You can tell me anything, anything at all. You know that right?”

Baekhyun swallowed hard, turning his brain on. Trying to make a good excuses, "Its uhm, Nothing, I just- I just miss Dad, thats all." Baekhyun mentally slapped himself for saying a very stupid reason. Goddd ..., he mentally groaned, cursing himself when Mama's eyes began less focus, Baekhyun recognize that expression.

"You can visit him on the weekends," Mama said in a whisper. great!

"It's okay, I'm just going to call him later ." And just like that, her eyes is shining again, mama pursed his lips as she pinched Baekhyun cheek. Baekhyun always managed to make her mother light mood back. to her, as long as she is close to Baekhyun everything will be bright, inevitably, like or not, she will force the state to be so.

"Okay .., oh, can you invite Luhan?? It's been a while since I met him," and Baekhyun swallowed his own saliva for the second time tonight.

 

 

 

 

 

To be honest he don’t completely understand. He have done it before, not once not twice. But now? he is more than confused just to send a damn text to his ex-boyfriend. You could say, he's nervous. But texting first takes guts, especially when you have no any relationship with the said guy anymore. and honestly he think sometimes its good to text first so Luhan knows he was thinking about him and that the entire thing doesnt just rely on him. that he’s putting as much effort as he is. And god... he quietly hoped, maybe just maybe if he is lucky enough, Luhan might be back to him if he shows what he feels right now. He needs some balls.

“Can I sit here?”

Baekhyun looked up to see the person who had interupted his dilemma (besides his mother). He divert his attention from his cell phone just to find Kai smiled widely at him, carrying a tray of food.

“Can I sit here? Another place is full,” Baekhyun ran his eyes across the room and confusion written all over his face when he saw many tables are actually empty, he frowned a little confused. Kai cursed silently, when he noticed the same thing. “Okay, you got me, it’s pretty lame. Actually, there are many tables, I know, but I don’t want to enjoy my food or eat alone with a weirdo man or-“ he stopped talking when he heard Baekhyun laughing softly, “Gosh this is embarrasing. Let me repeat. Can I have lunch with you?”

“Sure.”

And with that Kai ploped himself in front Baekhyun, setting the tray. “So.., how is your class?” Kai asked before chewing his sandwich.

Baekhyun paused at the question, he is trying to remember, is there something interesting enough about his class? But after a few seconds of silence, he seems can’t find something to be shared. everything went as usual, everything is fine. “Nothing much, everything is fine.”

“Nah, What wouldn’t be fine if it's with you,” Kai said, still chewing his sandwich.

Baekhyun paused again. He's always fine. Yes,  but why? Why is he never thought to be not ‘fine’ out of ‘just fine’? why does everything always goes fine? And he found an answer right that instant. It’s because he wanted so. because he thinks so.

While in fact is no.

Maybe, just maybe. if something isn’t going fine then everything will runs just fine, he will not this confused, feeling stupid for asking himself, feeling weird talking to himself. Which is he did it so often lately .

“You don’t even listening to anything I’ve been  said, have you??”

Baekhyun blinked a few times before lifting his hands to caress his face slowly. “Sorry... I’m sorry.., I’ve been out lately.”

Kai smiled, of course Kai notice. Baekhyun quietness, cute quietness. Although Baekhyun prefers to talk and smile rather than sit quietly in the corner, because Baekhyun has a lovely voice to be heard and he had a really nice smile. Baekhyun is not the type of quiet person. But Kai knew Baekhyun had a quite side that not everyone can see. His cute quietness is the reason to Kai for dropping his eyes on Baekhyun in the first place.

Kai smiled, “You,” Kai pulled out his index finger, pointing at Baekhyun, “ are confuse and nervous. You got a problem.” Kai stated and claped his hand. Baekhyun narrowed his eyes, waiting for Kai to continue, because Baekhyun is not quite sure how to answer Kai’s statement. “You never been this quite when you are with someone or else...”

“Or else?”

“Or else, you hate me and secretly want me to quickly get the hell out of here, but you're too damn nice to kick my .” Kai said, he wasn’t aware that his heart was beating a little faster, anticipating any response from Baekhyun.

Then Baekhyun laugh.

Like, real laugh, he even had his hand clutching in his stomach, his laughter echoing through the cafeteria room, Kai sure everyone heard it. And Much to his suprise he’s right, some people already turned their head and peeked on them. Some of them  even joined in a small giggle.

“Baekhyun, stop!?” Kai hissed but Baekhyun just keep going, laughing out loud.but Kai know better than anyone else, that he would rather see this side of Baekhyun rather than the other side of him constanty zonning out about things that seem to bother him. Once again much to his suprise Kai laughed. It would seem a little weird if only Baekhyun who laugh though and Kai just sat there looking like a fool.

“How could you think like that? Gosh.., you’re so funny, aaaah my stomach hurts,”

What so funny, Kai though. He didn’t say anything funny, didn’t he? His heart had been beating like a mad as it’s getting ready for the worst response from Baekhyun, and here .., he burst out laughing because he thought it was funny?

Baekhyun took a deep breath and sighed as he noticed the wrinkles in Kai’s forehead, “How can I hate you. Honestly, I even doubt that there’s some people can possibly hate you. You're so nice and good looking, You even gave me some space in your locker, even though we are not that close before. And I just found out that you are funny too.”

Kai couldn’t help but smile, soooo wide. He can’t help it. He turned his head to his tray in front of him, trying to hide his smile from Baekhyun as he mumbled some words, make sure to keep low, so Baekhyun couldn’t hear the words.

Well, thats start

But soon enough when he looked up his smile disappeared, Baekhyun frozen. Still in front him, but his eyes were not fixed on him, his eyes looked somewhere, there is kind of hurt and pain in his eyes. Curiously take the best of him, so Kai tries to follow Baekhyun eyes, he need a few seconds to find where Baekhyun eyes leaned.

There were two guys walking on the side of the cafeteria. Clinging to each other like they can’t walk straight. One taller than the other, the taller one has a face between handsome and beautiful with very beautiful doe eyes. The other one, has a really beautiful smile and a cute chubby cheek.

Baekhyun tear his eyes from the two guys and fix his stares to the meal in front of him when the taller guy made ​​a motion to kiss the other cheek. His hands were shaking.

“I... uh, I’ve to go.” Baekhyun said, He flashing Kai a small smile, a fake one. He knew it. But Kai nodded, and he could see a tear falling down in Baekhyuns cheek when he scrambled to his feet and ran. No matter how much Kai wants to grabbed Baekhyun hand and tell him to stay, he doesn’t have the courage to at least say it. He just sat quietly, looking at Baekhyun figure quietly, who were more and more distant from him.

Please Baekhyun don’t cry, please never be sad, please, please.’ he quietly hoped too.

 

 

 


Help me!!!! oh my goddd... I'm sorry for this whole crap over here....

I just don't know how to put Baekhyun and Kai here, they can't just fall in love with each other, right? and again,(I'm such a terrible writter, (deal with it *puppyeyes*)) I don't know yet, how to make Baekhyun get over from his heart broken with Luhan...