Nothing Really Different

Finally You

 

When Baekhyun opened his eyes that morning, he seems haven’t the slightest energy to just move out of his bed. Mama's footsteps sound  is light and cheerful approaching his room. Instantly cursing under his breath when he remembers the series of what happened last night. He is sure as usually when Baekhyun experience something bad, the next morning his mother would open the door, woke him up by singing the very famous kids song 'three little bears' with a melodious voice (but sometimes he found that her voice is annoying, really annoying), then she’ll force him to eat his breakfast on the bed, his mother thought eat in the bed was fun. So Mama hopes that his son will slip back to his cheerfully side by doing his breakfast on the bed.

“Babyyy~” Ugh, Mama voice.

Baekhyun feels sorry and a bit regret to him self, because he just falling asleep in his mother arms last night, he regretted for not lock the door before, if only he was did it, he might still be able to escape through the window, then ran to somewhere. Because Baekhyun just want to be alone today, he doesn’t want to go to school, he doesn’t want to breakfast, he doesn’t want to talk. Heck! He just wanted to laying on his bed and buried his face under the blanket, not talking, not moving. But Regret always comes too late. Mama is already Knocking on the door, she is already singing. Now there was nothing to do except pretend to sleep.

“Wake up, sleepy head! Rise and shine....!” only with one strong jolt, Mama pulled the blanket that covers his entire body before. Humming cheerfully she opened the curtains, opened the window slightly, folded the blankets very neatly, positioned a giant teddy bear from Luhan right beside me, then smiled with satisfaction to see her work.

“Mama, I’m not hungry,” Baekhyun mumbling softly, still pretending to be sleepy, Mama put her hands on her chest, she set her expression as sad as possible. An emotional blackmail.

“Mama had to wake up so early in the morning just to prepare aaaaaall of this for you, and how could you not hungry ?!! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, dear ...” Mama said her magic words that Baekhyun can’t be refuse again.

“I would just eat later, okay?”

“I was cooking for you, set everything with sincerity for you! Mama do all of this just for my lovely child that even doesn’t like his mother cooking...”

his mother is definitely an actress. Baekhyun sighed before finally giving up on his mother, “Alright ...” and just like that, mama managed to make Baekhyun eat and then drag him out of bed, even forced him to go to college, of course, Baekhyun can’t do anything. Don’t even ask why.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

With his head resting on the window glass, he watched the people passing by in his collage courtyard, his class was over 30 minutes ago, but Baekhyun still didn’t move. He sat quietly in the classroom, but not with his mind, his mind working on it’s own, his mind is busy searching and asking. And he is jealous of his old self, which is doesn’t interfere with his ‘Fine’ life, the unconscious Baekhyun, who don’t mind having a cold heart without fire, Baekhyun who never thought and never asked himself. Look at him now, look how overwhelmed he is to find an answer for himself.

Baekhyun still sitting in the same chair, in the same position when his phone vibrated in his pocket, he pulled out his phone from his pocket. His movement is too slow, revealing how bad his mood is.

Oh look ..., that name, the name of people who had been filled his minds this past hours, ya, that name is now flickering on his screen cell phone. he looked at the screen a little longer than he should.

‘My Luhan’

He hasn’t even changed his contact name.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The dining table feels empty. Whether because of the cafe is quiet or because there is something that really different. Luhan looked at the guy in front of him who was lowered his head to look at his plate, he cleared his throat to draw his attention to him, waiting for the right moment to start a light conversation, just like always.

“Baekhyun.” He called sofly

“Ya?”

“Are you alright? You- why are you so quiet? Is there a problem that I can help?”

Baekhyun lowered his head down again, Yes, Lu. There was something missing- something missing  in me and I can’t find it, I tried to look for it but I still can’t find it. “No, nothing. There is nothing,” Baekhyun said giving him a small smile.

“How are you?”

If you asked me how I'm doing, I would say I'm doing just fine. I would lie and say that you're not on my mind. Baekhyun give him another small smile.“ I’m fine, how are you, Lu?”

“I’m super fine, Baek-“

Baekhyun felt a really hard slap on his chest, his heart pounding, he knew. Something inside his chest feels so hurts. It hurts to know that Luhan is ‘super’ fine, It's like they were never happened, was it just a lie? how could you be fine?

“Lu, I’ve to go now, you know...?”

Luhan looked at Baekhyun a little startled by his sudden goodbye, the words just slid out of his mouth, he didn’t mean to, but Baekhyun really have to go now, because now he knows what is missing but he still don’t know how to get it back, it’s hurts so much.

Unexpectedly Luhan stood up when Baekhyun is about to leave the table, still as usual, Luhan stretched both his hands to pull Baekhyun into his warm embrace, which Baekhyun didn’t protest and hug him back. He just let himself sink into the warm sensation. He miss it. He swallowed the forming lump in his throat. he blinked the tears in his eyes, he need to cry now but not infront of Luhan.

“Don't think too much. You will create a problem that wasn't even there. You know I’ll always be here if theres something you need me to do,” He whispered into Baekhyun’s hair, and Luhan can feel a soft nod on his shoulders.

When Baekhyun is already leave, Luhan still didn’t move. He stood in his place. Staring at the door that brought Baekhyun away from his sight. There is something different from Baekhyun, Luhan realize it. But Luhan can’t quite put a finger on what was different. The same eyes, but a different light. the same person , but a different feel.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A few weeks after. Baekhyun find his relationship with Luhan is fine, indeed they didn’t really see each other, but they did so from the very beginning, the only difference is  , there is no ‘boyfriend’ label thingy among them, but everything is running normal like they are still together. They would sometimes spend lunch together and go hangout on weekends. Sometimes Luhan still come to his house to greet mrs. Byun and stay there a little longer to spend time with them. Nothing really different.

And somehow this is what makes Baekhyun wonder if their relationship was real. Or was it just a lie? Is Luhan dating him just because of he like him? Just like and not love. Because they are exist in a different level. Because Baekhyun sure when a couple or lover is broken and the relationship between them is remain fine then there are only two possibilities, they still love each other or the feeling was never there to begin with. Just like his parents, they parted and never could be fine.

“Hey, watch where you going,”

Suddenly a pair of arms pulling Baekhyun back to the reality when he realized that the petit was deep in though, not even noticed a group of student pushed him a side. Taken by suprise Baekhyun abruptly turning around, almost falling when the same arms catch his soulder pulling him back so he can stand in his spot properly. “Be carefull, it’s priseless.”

Baekhyun laughed in return, “Thank you, Kai.”

He flashing Baekhyun a bright smile, giving a small nod before invited him to go out from the hall together. Their walk was filled with conversation in general, nothing special. they've known a long time indeed, but Baekhyun and Kai never really had a proper conversation. Lets just say they have different taste of interests.

Baekhyun frown when Kai started taking the opposite direction away from the parking lot and headed straight toward the gate.

“Kai, where are you going?” Baekhyun slightly shouted, stoping  Kai’s step.

“Me? I would just take a taxi or a bus.”

“Why? Where is you car?”

“In the machine shop, my bumper had a minor accident two days ago, it should have been repaired this afternoon, so -“

“I can give you a ride, to reply to your locker. come on!”

Baekhyun beamed as he slid his hand down to Kai’s wirst and draged him to his car. Kai was smiled brightly to see Baekhyun dragged him along the hall to the parking lot and 'Tadaa ...' Baekhyun said and Kai chukled as Baekhyun excitedly showing his metal gun Kia to him.

“Thanks, to drive me to the shop.” Kai said as he fix his seat belt.

“No problem, I got an accident the day a get my lisence and my mom is totally freak out, so.., I know what it’s like. Beside I want to. ”

“How many accident have you been in??”

“Like seven or six.”

“Wha- wait seriously? Should I be driving with you?”

“Owh.. ! I got a text, hold on,” Baekhyun said, he suddenly took off the steering  and the slightly ducking to reach the phone in his bag. Kai's eyes wide open in horror looking straight to Baekhyun who casually digging through his bag.

“NOOO!! nonono.” Panicked, without thinking Kai pull Baekhyun to sit back properly, but instead of concentrating on the road, Baekhyun burst into laughter, mimicking how panicked Kai, with a chuckle Baekhyun turned his head to Kai, trying to speak on his sidelines of laughter,

“I’m just kidding, i’m only been in three or four or...? Pfff.., I can’t really remember. So the point is, You don’t have to worry about-”

“Wacth the road, Please!” This makes Baekhyun laughing even more  and somehow Kai felt a bit of relief  and soon he had joined Baekhyun  laughter. “Wow..,wow.., you are the most thrilling driver i’ve ever  experience with. is a bit dangerous,” he added when their laughter died down. Baekhyun just laughed in return and turns his concentration to the road.

This time Kai ran his gaze to the road, he looked at the trucks passing in the streets, read almost all the stores signpost they’ve passed, he didn’t miss the boards and banners that stretched on either side of the road. Kai's lips formed a small smile when his eyes catch on Baekhyun figure, he was driving calmly, so calmly. He looked at him a little longer than he should, This always happens when his eyes caught a sight of Baekhyun figure too long. At first it looks just a simple figure, but when he keeps looking at him, something different start to appears, there is something very remarkable in this simple figure.

doesn't want to diving too deep into his nonsense mind and something remarkable he found in Baekhyun figure. he shook his head to draw his atention back to the road.

 

 

 


A/N : OTL ORZ -_____-