Lunch break

Perfectly Imperfect

Next day, Luhan approached Hyoyeon the very first thing in the morning. He needed answers.

“How did you know about all those things about me?”

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes and turned back after locking her stuff inside the locker.

“I want to know.” He said. Hyoyeon simply ignored him and walked past him to her first class. Luhan, however was persistent and followed her. Realizing this, Hyoyeon stopped and faced him.

“Can you not follow me?”

“I’m going to follow you until you answer me.”

She heaved a sigh and rubbed her temples. “I really hate to be the centre of attention and your fangirls boring holes on my back is not making it any better either, so can you please.”

“Then answer me and I’ll leave you alone.”

Hyoyeon sighed once more. “Fine.” She gave in. “Meet me during lunch break.” They agreed on it and parted ways.

Luhan had missed the little chit chat session with his friends and girl friend that morning and he was going to miss the lunch break session as well since he had to meet Hyoyeon. He really wanted to know how she knew so much about him.

Luhan watched as Hyoyeon took a large bite of the hamburger. He was not feeling quite hungry and had decided to skip lunch.

“So?” He asked since Hyoyeon hadn’t said a word from the moment she arrived. She swallowed and drank a mouthful of water.

“I knew you were Chinese from your name.”

That’s easy. Luhan thought to himself.

“You accessories screamed rich.”

Not so hard either. He thought.

“Considering how rich you are, there were a few places you were likely to live. But seeing your shoes, I could tell that you walked your way to the school that day which only meant your home is nearby. That’s how I guessed Chundong.”

Impressive.

“You were constantly receiving messages and replying to them in between classes which meant you have a group of friends. The bracelet on your hand had love symbols on it indicating that you have a girl friend but it matched to nothing else you were wearing which means it was not you who bought it. All your replies were short. It only meant that the replies were meant for your friends and not your girl friend since you don’t reply your girl friend with a short message. Seeing that you text in between classes and she is not texting you at all, it could only mean two things, either you two are not in a lovey-dovey relationship or that she doesn’t text unless it is break time. But the bracelet looks new and cheesy with all the heart shapes on it, you two are indeed in a lovey-dovey relation so it’s the second one. The way your girl friend was eyeing us while we talked, I understood that she was your girl friend. In fact, she looked like your girl friend, prim and proper just like you. Guessing what she would ask is not rocket science. It was very obvious that she would be curious to know what we were talking about since we both looked at her.” Hyoyeon finished explaining in one go.

“What about me playing football?” Luhan asked curiously.

Hyoyeon turned to him and smiled. “I know one when I see him.”

“You..you are like a female version of Sherlock Holmes or what?”

Hyoyeon shook her head laughing. “I wish. It’s not my fault that everyone simply sees and not observes things around them.”

“That’s awesome. But I disagree with one thing.” He raised his index finger. “My life is not boring.”

“Really?” She asked like she was challenging him. “Tell me the last most fun you had.”

Luhan gave it a thought before answering. “Late night ride with my girl friend.”

“By late night you meant before midnight and by ride you meant your driver driving your car, right?” Hyoyeon asked with a serious look, biting her lips so as not to smile.

“Well, technically, yes but to my defense I had to drop her at home before eleven and a ride is a ride even if it’s not you who is driving.” He shrugged.

Hyoyeon snorted. “Right~” She patted his shoulder. “Break some rules and stop being perfect all the time. It won’t kill you.” Hyoyeon stood up after picking up her belongings.

“I’ll make you say that my life is not boring and predictable!”

“I’ll look forward to that.” She waved hastily and turned around to leave.

“You better watch out.” He shouted after her.

“Sure!” She walked farther away from him as he watched her leave.

“By the way” she suddenly turned back “I’m sure your new maid didn’t mean to misplace your shampoo this morning.” She then turned back leaving a dumbfounded Luhan.

How did she know that the new maid placed the wrong shampoo in my bathroom! How did she know that my family had hired a new maid!

 



A/N Comment :D