Him and her

Perfectly Imperfect

Author’s POV

Luhan opened his eyes when the rays of the rising sun hit his face. He sat up and breathed in a fist full of fresh morning air.

“Good morning.” He smiled to himself while stretching.

While Luhan is getting ready for school, let me introduce him to you. Xi Luhan, a rich Chinese boy, lives in a rich neighborhood in Seoul, Korea. His parents, unlike the ones we see in dramas and fictions, are really caring and considerate; the perfect parents who love each other and their one and only son. He grew up amidst the care and love of his parents, relatives and friends. He had maids to take care of his every need, parents who bought catered all his needs and friends to have fun with.

But this doesn’t mean Luhan is a spoiled stuck up kid. He is god fearing and filial child since forever. He always abided his parents, never caused any troubles and excelled in many fields including academics and extracurricular activities. This also doesn’t mean that he is forced into being a perfect son/friend/student, he simply choose to be like that. In return for the love and care he received from everyone, he wanted to be perfect for them. It was never sickening or suffocating or hard for him.

By now you must be wondering whether or not he has a girl in his life. Well, besides his mother and his lovely cousin sister, he has a girl friend. Lee Yeun, the perfect girl friend of the perfect Luhan, studies in the same school as him but in another class. She, like Luhan, is god fearing, filial, has manners and every other good qualities you would seek in a girl.

So basically, Luhan has a perfect life. To his perfect life an uninvited guest is about to come.

 

Today.

 

Luhan met up with his friends near his locker. When his girl friend arrived, he lightly grabbed her by her waist and kissed her cheek wishing her a good morning. They had a small chit-chat before proceeding to their respective classes.

“We have a new student. Introduce yourself Miss Kim.”

Upon this, a blonde girl entered the class, her hands carelessly shoved into the pockets of her cargo pants. A slightly worn out military bag held onto her thin shoulders and she wore a loose cream cardigan over a black beater. Over all, she had a shabby look. Not like the prim and proper Luhan and nothing like his perfect girl friend. He observed her curiously as she introduced herself and proceeded to claim her assigned seat which was next to him.

The classes proceeded smoothly and after a while, they were asked to sit in pairs and discuss amongst each other about the chapter so Luhan and the girl, as instructed, arranged their desks and sat facing each other.

“Xi Luhan.” He introduced himself.

“Kim Hyoyeon.” She took his hand and shook it lightly whilst smiling.

“Why don’t we get to know each other a bit before starting the discussion?” He suggested. Since they had to do this for a couple of days more, he thought it was necessary to get to know his partner.

Hyoyeon’s lip twitched to a side as she leaned back on the chair crossing her arms in front of her chest. “I don’t think that is necessary. I know enough about you.”

“You do?” A lone brow shot up. “Sorry but do we already know each other from somewhere? I might have forgotten about meeting you.”

She laughed which he found was adorable. “Oh no, we have never met, until this day that is.”

“Umm..” Luhan’s brows met as he thought about any other reason why she would know him. “You heard about me from someone?”

“Nope.” She sat up leaning forward. “Except overhearing your name being mentioned by someone while I was making my way towards the office this morning, I’ve never heard anything about you.”

“Then?” He tilted his head in confusion which Hyoyeon felt was a cute gesture. “Are you bluffing?”

Hyoyeon broke into laughter and waved her hands. “Not at all.”

“Really?” Luhan rested his hands on the desk and inched closer to the girl. “Then tell me what you think you know about me.”

“Well, for starters, you are a rich Chinese guy who lives in the Chundong area. You play football and have a large group of friends. You are a good student with good grades and your girl friend..” she paused for a moment “is a good student.” She finished in one breath and Luhan’s mouth hung open.

“How?”

That was the only thing he could say because he realized she was bluffing. Even if she was lying about not hearing about him from anyone, she could only say about his academics and his relations but only a few knew where he lived.

She didn’t answer him. “So, don’t you think I already know enough about you?”

“But..”

She cut him off and continued. “I don’t want to know anymore about you. Financial background, family, friends, girl friend, grades, everything about you is perfect. Nothing goes wrong and everything goes according to your plan, right?”

Luhan pursed his lips. She was right.

She clasped her hands and smiled. “I just think that it’s extremely boring.” She said boring in a dead tone.

Luhan’s eyes widened. That was the first time someone said something so rude to him. He was about to defend himself when he got interrupted again but this time by the bell.

“Your life is so predictable Luhan.” She took her bag and stuffed her stuff into it. “Oh look” she looked at the door and Luhan’s eyes followed. “your girl friend.” She was right, that was his girl friend waiting for him by the door.

“How can you say that my life is predictable?!”

“Because it is.” She nonchalantly replied and got up with her bag swung over her shoulder.

“Then predict one thing that is going to happen.” He challenged her.

Hyoyeon looked at his girl friend who was now making her way towards them. “When your girl friend asks what we were talking about, tell her it was about the chapter.” She then added. “and you may or may not tell her that the couple bracelet she bought is fugly.” She winked at him and left.

“What were you two talking about?” Yeun asked surprising Luhan for the umpteenth time that day. His mind went blank suddenly. He looked to the exit door and saw Hyoyeon stepping out.

“Umm..” He turned back and thought about what he should answer.

“Luhan?” Yeun called him since she got no reply.

“We..we were talking about the chapter teacher assigned us with.”

“Oh.” She nodded. “Let’s go have lunch.” She pulled him up as he packed his things into his bag, his thoughts still lingering around what Hyoyeon had said. He looked at the bracelet. Even I think it’s ugly. He looked at his lovely girl friend. But I can’t tell her.

 



A/N Do comment your opinions ^_^