Breathing

Breathe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun's POV

“Kyuhyun?”

I snap out of my deep thoughts and notice Ryeowook peeping his head into my room. I awkwardly wave my hand and motion him to come in. He nods and closes the door behind him, locking it. Ryeowook looks at his fingers awkwardly still standing by the door.

“We need to talk.”

Ryeowook says quietly. I remain silent, not moving too. My eyes are fixed on Ryeowook, travelling from head to toe. He’s still the same Ryeowook but there’s something missing. The look in his eyes… The look he has whenever he looks at me… It’s gone. Ryeowook’s eyes are emotionless. Ryeowook finally shifts and walk towards me. The bed dips a little as Ryeowook takes a seat next to me.

“I’m sorry.”

Ryeowook whispers and takes my hand in his. He tangles our fingers together and stares at our joined hands. Ryeowook smiles down at our joined hands but… Why did my heart just feels like it’s shattering? Why does Ryeowook’s smile looks so… Sad?

“What are you talking about, Ryeowook?” I manage to croak out.

“I’m sorry I didn’t let you go sooner.” Ryeowook says. “I’m sorry.”

“W… What do you mean?”

Ryeowook lifts his head up and his eyes catches mine. He stares at me for a long time, those onve loving eyes now so emotionless and empty, so cold and tired.

“You know what I mean.” Ryeowook says.

I swallow hard. Because he’s right. I know. I know what he means. I know what he wants to say the moment he entered my room and I saw how his eyes were so empty. I just choose to believe that it wasn’t happening. I just… I don’t want to let Ryeowook go. I don’t want to.

“This has been going on for too long.” Ryeowook shakes his head. “I can’t do this anymore.”

“I’m dating Hyungsik and I love hi-”

“You love me!” I snap. “Stop this bull, Ryeowook. You and I both know the truth here. Stop lying, Ryeowook. You don’t love that kid. You’re in love with me.”

It’s about time. It’s really about time. I’ve had enough. I know I said that Ryeowook deserved to be happy but… You saw it earlier at the hospital. Ryeowook almost said that he was in love with me! The only thing stopping him is Hyungsik. Ryeowook needs to realize that I’m the one he needs not that kid. Ryeowook’s suddenly glares at me, looking mad. He pulls his hands away and stands up from the bed, throwing his arm in the air.

“Yes, Kyu, yes, I’m in love with you.” Ryeowook shouts. “You don’t know how much I’m in love with you, you idiot!”

“How am I supposed to know when you’re stuck with that kid?!”

“His name is Hyungsik.” Ryeowook responds calmly then turns to face me, his eyes red. “Kyu… You’re right. I’m in love with you. But I can’t.”

“Kyuhyun, after that night when you broke my heart… My trust in you crumbled. I tried telling myself that anyone could have just done something like that to win a bet but...” Ryeowook shook his head. “Sungmin hyung wouldn’t do something like that, Leeteuk hyung wouldn’t do something like that, Henry wouldn’t do something like that, Hyungsik wouldn’t do something like that.”

“But you would and… And nothing hurts more than realizing that you were everything to me and I was nothing to you that you could even think of doing that to me. You have no idea how worthless you made me feel.”

“It was a mistake, Ryeowook.” I say frustratingly, running my fingers through my hair. “You know how you mean the world to me.”

“You know people say it only takes second to hurt someone but…. years to repair the damage and I believe that. It’s going to take me a long long time for me to fully forgive you, Kyuhyun. Because you mean so much to me that I know it’s not going to be easy. So… Please… Help me, Kyuhyun. Let me go and I’ll let you go too. I…. Hyungsik will love me. And he will help me heal.”

I stand up and grab Ryeowook’s wrists, desperate now. “Wookie, let me be the one to mend your broken heart. I hurt you, I should be the one repairing the damage. Believe me, Ryeowook. Give me a chance.”

“No.” Ryeowook shakes his head, smiling sadly. “As much as I want to… I can’t. It takes a strong heart to love, Kyuhyun but it takes an even stronger heart to continue to love after it’s been hurt. And I’m not strong enough. I’ll never be strong or brave enough to give my heart to you.”

“I’m tired, Kyu and as long as we never get this out, we’ll never end this. And it’s time I give you up and give my all to Hyungsik. He deserves it more than you ever will.”

“You’re making a huge mistake, Ryeowook.” I beg now. “Please… You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter