Eight

Behind those Closed Doors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thank you for coming down my dear,” The old motherly woman sat in front of me as she gave me an amiable smile.

 

“No worries, is there anything that I should know concerning my medical report?” I said, returning her smile.

 

“Oh, about that,” She said, her smile faltering as she replaced it with a serious look. “How is family planning coming along between your husband and you?”

 

“Two?” I said smiling further, this is happening, totally happening. I was excited.

 

“Two?” The old lady smiled whimsically. “Two, that’s a dream for all China family.”

 

“Yes, he said he would pay the tax for our son would need a sister to dote on.” I said, my heart overwhelmed with happiness at the thought of starting a family with Luhan.

 

But she did not smile. At least, not the smile that I thought I will be receiving, for her smile was sorrowful, and was sad.

 

“If you promise me, to hand me your life for the next two years, this would happen. I will see to it that my retirement case would be a successful one.” She said as she grabbed whole of both my hands, holding mine in hers.

 

“W-what?” I scrambled to reply, this isn’t the kind of answer she should be replying to me. Two years, two kids in two years is a little overwhelming.

 

I was desperate; I know clearly that the woman in front of me was not speaking of having two kids in two years. But I still stubbornly c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter