Nine

Behind those Closed Doors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOVEMBER 2015

 

En:

Days went by, and within a month Lu paid close attention to me, to the days he thought I was perhaps ovulating. And the days he had circled were finally here. I was feeling excited at the lovemaking we would be having, but at the same time, I could not feel more than apprehensive of what my body might forebear.

 

I woke up to slipping on my own sock.
Be careful babe, don’t want you injured.

 

I drank a glass of water only to drop the glass.
Oh my gosh babe, what’s wrong?

 

I did nothing in peace, and it was as if my body is foreshadowing a series of misfortune.

 

 

And it did.

 

Lu:

When I said I was serious to start a family, I meant it.

 

It has nothing to do with China and their pressure to start a family.

It has nothing to do with my own parents or parents-in-law forcing for us to produce something.

It has nothing to do with Daniel’s constant yelping on how we need to work in the family sector to get more endorsement.

 

It has everything to do with settling down with the one I love.

 

And tonight, was the night to step up my game.

 

And hey, don’t blame me, which guy doesn’t like some action every now and then; this might just be a great time for me to get some too.

 

 

It was 10 p.m. when everything started. What turned from a simple kiss on the couch turned into a massive motion from the living room to the dining area to the bedroom.

 

All these while, our clothes decorated every corner of our household.

 

 

Lu, oh my goodness, Lu.

 

And that fueled more of me.

 

Lu, don’t stop.

 

And I didn’t.

 

The feeling of her skin to mine was so comforting.

 

And that’s when everything started to change.

 

She screamed.

 

Stop.

 

But I couldn’t hear it, my mind clouded with lust at the moment; I just focused on loving her.

 

Lu, stop.

 

She was crying now, and I was horrified.

 

“I’m sorry babe, did I hurt you anywhere?” I said as I quickly stopped everything.

 

“Babe?” I said again.

 

“BABE?” I was screaming now as she clutched on to her stomach, her eyes rolling back to her skull.

 

And that was pretty much what happened before I sent a bloody woman to the hospital.

 

Before I sent a bloody wife to the hospital.

 

Before I sent my bloody wife to the hospital.

 

 

 

 

 

“Mr. Lu?” A gentle voice said as I turned to face an old motherly woman.

 

My hands still on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter