Three

Behind those Closed Doors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JULY 2015

恩;

And those days went from three days, to a week, and then a month, and then finally a day came.

 

“I need you for an event.” Luhan said casually one afternoon when he came home early.

 

I looked up to him, expecting him to be telling me when the day is as I took out a thick bounded book from the side of my bag.

 

He frowned slightly at the scheduler in my hands, “What happened to Kate?”

 

“She’s on a honeymoon,” I replied quietly as I waited for a lashing.

 

And then it came, “And there was no wedding?” His voice cold and steeled.

 

“It was a private event, so I thought that you shouldn’t be bothered.”

 

“You couldn’t even play the part of a wife publicly.” He spat before telling me, “You better play it well now cause the event is tonight.”

 

“Tonight?” I asked immediately, startled. There was no way I can do the event tonight, there is no way that I can get ready and dressed for an event within an hour and a half. There’s no way that I can look presentable as his wife in 1.5 hours.

 

“Yes,” He said carelessly, “Daniel is delivering you a dress since Kate isn’t in town.” He said as he typed away on his own phone.

 

Daniel isn’t Kate.

 

“No,” I whispered, “No no,” I said louder again. “I will get my own dress, I will meet you there.” I said as I took my car keys and I stood up to get towards the door.

 

Daniel isn’t Kate.

 

“Don’t be stubborn, where are you going to get a dress now? Daniel is getting you one of the sponsor’s.” Luhan said with his brows furrowed.

 

Daniel isn’t going to pick out my style; Daniel isn’t going to understand my style.

 

“No, I can’t.” I said again. Then it happened all too quickly, his grab on my arms and his voice steel.

 

Daniel is always complaining about my overly modest dressing, the long sleeves, the long skirts, and the fully covered back.

 

“What is it in you that you cannot listen to instructions?”


Daniel will get me something I am uncomfortable in.

 

“I can,” I replied trembling at how overwhelmed this entire matter is making me.

 

Daniel will get me something China is uncomfortable seeing me in.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter