What If

The Revolving Door

 

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

"It's just you and me now........... just you and me." Tae said sadly.

 

She then got off the bed and went to Sunny's cupboard. She looked through until she found what she was looking for. She grabbed Sunny's favourite black hoodie and she laid back down on the bed clinging tightly to it.

 

Tears continually fell from her eyes as minutes turned into hours before she could finally fall asleep.

 

In the morning Tiff knocked on her door. After a minute she gave up on Tae opening the door and used her spare key to let herself in.

 

"Tae." she called.

 

Tae was awake but she couldn't bring herself to leave Sunny's bed.

 

"Tae where are you?" Tiff called out with panic.

 

But Tae refused to answer.

 

Tiff walked to Tae's bedroom before she noticed ginger wagging his tail outside Sunny's room. She walked in the room and saw Tae lying on the bed. Tiff approached her and sat down on the bed next to her.

 

"Can't you see that I want to be alone........ just leave me alone."

 

"I'm not leaving you alone, I love you Tae, why can't you let me be here for you? Why do you have to push me away when you need me the most."

 

"I don't need you, I don't need anybody."

 

Tiff tried to hold back her tears after hearing Tae's hurtful words but it wasn't long before the tears began to stream down her face.

 

"Don't you get it, I can never be happy without her. Never." said Tae.

 

"Never happy! What am I then huh? Don't I bring you any source of happiness?"

 

Tae just looked at her without saying a word.

 

"You know what..... you lost your best friend in Sunny and a close friend in Hyomin yesterday but I not only lost two close friends..... it would seem that I lost my girlfriend as well." Tiff said before she went to leave the room.

 

 

Yuri and Yoona.....

 

 

"I was really hoping to wake up and realize it was all a bad dream but it's not and it hurts so much just thinking that they're not going to be around anymore." said Yoona.

 

"I don't know what I'd do if that happened to you." Yuri said sadly before she hugged Yoona tight.

 

"Let's just not think about that ever happening. It feels like there's a big dark cloud stuck over our heads and that we shouldn't be doing anything except staying inside for the rest of our lives." Yoona explained.

 

"The saddest part is that everyone else is living their normal lives around us. It's scary to think that life goes on after such a tragedy. But people will still keep going to work, still keep going to the movies and still keep going out to restaurants meanwhile all of us feel like our hearts have all been torn out." said Yuri.

 

"So true..... ah speaking of which I've got my meeting with the hospital tomorrow. What am I going to do Yul, I still have no idea which career path I want. Do I continue as a nurse or do I become a full time model?"

 

"After what happened yesterday all I can say is follow your heart baby. We don't know how long we're on this earth for. Life is far too precious to be stuck doing something you don't enjoy."

 

"I know you're right but the problem is I enjoyed being a nurse and I also enjoyed the modellng job in Paris. So if I hated one of the jobs then the decision would be simple but it's not and I really am feeling confused."

 

"But maybe you feel more passionate about one than the other." said Yuri.

 

"I really did enjoy the modelling the most I guess but we were shooting in Paris, the city of love. Maybe I was just swept up in the romance of it all and the romance I shared with my gorgeous girlfriend while I was there." Yoona smiled at her.

 

"I wish we could go back in time to Paris and enjoy our time there all over again and when we got back, we would make sure that our friends drove home a different way after the proposal..... yep that's what I want to do, go back in time and change all this."

 

"If only gorgeous..... if only we could go back in time." said Yoona.

 

 

Soo, Jessi & Stella.......

 

 

Soo had already been awake for hours before Jessi woke.

 

"Hey baby." Jessi said as she gave Soo a peck on the lips."

 

"Morning Beauty, I love you." Soo said while Jessi's face.

 

"Sooyoungie you know how much I love you too, right?"

 

"Yes I know but will you still love me after I tell you that I've organised to meet up with Stella today."

 

"Um yes I'll still love you but why are you meeting her today?"

 

"I just need to talk to her about a few things." said Soo.

 

Jessi went quiet and Soo could tell that she didn't want her to meet up with Stella.

 

"Hey you can come with me if you like." Soo offered but she didn't actually want Jessi to come along because of the things she wanted to discuss with Stella.

 

"Um where are you meeting her?"

 

"Just down at the park." said Soo.

 

"No look it's fine you just go. Will you be long?"

 

"No I don't think I'll be long. Are you sure you're okay with me seeing Stella?" 

 

"Sure I trust you baby." Jessi said but ever since she had seen the chemistry between Soo and Stella in Paris Jessi knew she was finding it hard to trust whenever the two of them were together.

 

Soo gave Jessi a quick kiss then got herself ready to meet Stella. Once she was ready she gave Jessi a big hug. "Hey I know you don't like it when I'm with Stella but you have nothing to worry about because I love you Beauty." she gave Jessi a sweet kiss.

 

She then walked down to the park to meet Stella. Jessi waited a few minutes and then walked to the park as well. She put a hat and sunglasses on. She was hoping that Soo wouldn't recognize her but her jealousy was getting the better of her and she wanted to keep an eye on Stella and Soo.

 

Soo noticed Stella waiting on a bench seat under a big tree.

 

"Stell." she called out as she got closer.

 

Stella stood up and hugged Soo tightly. "I'm so sorry about Sunny and Hyomin. I still can't believe it." 

 

They're hugging, I know it's just a hello hug but aigoo..... I still don't like it, thought Jessi.

 

"Here come and sit down Youngie."

 

Soo and Stella sat next to each other.

 

"Now you said you didn't want to talk about the accident. So what did you want to talk to me about?" Stella asked.

 

"I wanted to apologize for last week at the club. I guess I was sending you mixed messages with Bekah. Honestly she's really nice and if you want to rush into something with her then you should."

 

"Oh well we arn't rushing into anything but we did go out for dinner twice this week."

 

"That's good, it's just that I thought I had feelings for you and the only reason I told you not to rush into anything with her is because I was worried that I was going to lose you." said Soo.

 

"Wait.... you thought you had feelings for me?" Stella asked in shock.

 

"Yes I did but since the accident it made me realize just how short life can be and that my heart truly belongs to Jessi. But I fell for you because we want the same things out of life. Of course besides the fact that we get on so well and you're you know really beautiful and all. It's just that Jessi's not interested in marriage but I am. Getting married is something I've dreamed about since I was little."

 

"Oh so you felt like your relationship with Jessi was slightly clouded because she doesn't want to get married?" Stella asked.

 

"Yeah it felt like by me staying with Jessi that I was giving up on my dream but at the same time what's the point of me getting married anyway if it's not with the girl I'm crazy in love with. So with everything that happened yesterday it made me finally see everything more clearly."

 

Wow even though I can't have her, it makes me happy to know that she actually did have feelings for me, thought Stella.

 

"So you realized that even if there's no marriage in the future with Jessi, she's still the one you want?"

 

"Yes.... but we can still be friends right? Like even though I just admitted that I did have feelings for you, we can stay friends, right?" Soo asked.

 

It would be so easy for me to tell her that I had feeling for her too but it would achieve nothing. I think the world of Soo and if she thinks Jessi is her forever love then there's no way I want to come between them, Stella thought to herself.

 

"Why are you even asking me that, of course we can stay friends. Anyway I know you're probably not in the mood to go out but I was hoping you and Jessi would come to my Paris exhibition next week."

 

"You're right I'm not in the mood to go out but there's no way I would miss your exhibition. I'm so excited for you so I'll definitely be there, okay." Soo smiled.

 

"Great thanks Youngie."

 

"So will you be bringing a date with you to the exhibition?" Soo asked.

 

"If you're talking about Bekah, yeah I was going to ask her to come with me. Bekah told me that Yoong and Yuri tried to set us up at the club."

 

"Yeah they did but that's because they both like you so much and they wanted to see both you and Bekah happy."

 

"Oh I'm not complaining. I'm actually really happy that I got to meet her." said Stella.

 

"Well I better get back to my Jessi. Thanks for meeting me Stell."

 

"No probem but Youngie will you let me know when the funeral is?"

 

"Yes of course."

 

As Soo headed out of the park Jessi called out to her. "Sooyoungie."

 

Soo turned around and Jessi took her sunglasses off.

 

"Oh hey Beauty, what are you doing here?"

 

"I feel so bad but I was feeling jealous so I came here to spy on you and Stella."

 

"Really, oh Beauty come here." Soo said as she pulled her in for a hug.

 

"I'm sorry Jessi, this is my fault that you feel jealous of her but you don't have to worry because you're the one that I want. I don't want anyone else but you, okay" Soo said before giving her a sweet kiss.

 

"But I should trust you enough not to check up on you." Jessi said feeling guilty.

 

"It's okay I understand where your jealousy is coming from, it's because of what I did in Paris and if you need me to say a million times that I'm sorry then I will."

 

 

"It's okay baby you don't need to say sorry for that anymore and I'll try to stop feeling jealous of Stella I know she's a good friend to you."

 

Soo gave Jessi two gentle pecks on the lips. "Hey you make a really cute spy by the way."

 

Jessi smiled at her before they walked hand in hand back home.

 

 

Hyo and Seo.......

 

 

"So why do you think your parents wanted to come see us? Do you think they're angry at you for not returning to the wedding ceremony?" Hyo asked.

 

"No they won't be angry about that. I mean they would know after what happened yesterday that I would want to be with you and our friends. There's no way they would of expected me to go ahead with the wedding after the awful news." said Seo.

 

"Library girl I need you more than ever right now. I hope they don't want to go ahead with the wedding like next week or something. I just want to have you to myself again even if it's just for a month."

 

Seo then hugged Hyo tightly until they heard a knock on the door. They both walked to the door.

 

"Hi Mother, hi Father." Seo said before her mum gave her a big hug.

 

"Hello Hyoyeon." Seo's dad said before hugging her.

 

They all shared some tears before ending their hugs.

 

"We still can't believe the news of your friends deaths. How's Taeyeon coping with the news?" Seo's mum asked.

 

"She's not." said Hyo.

 

"Yeah she's blaming Soo for not helping them but they were already dead so there was nothing Soo could of done." Seo explained.

 

"Oh and you and Soo saw their..... um dead bodies?" Seo's dad asked Hyo.

 

"Yes and Soo and I don't want to remember Sunny and Hyomin like that. We want to remember the happy look on their faces after Hyomin proposed but no matter how hard we try, Soo and I can't get the image of them lying motionless on the road out of our heads."

 

Seo put her arms around Hyo. "It might take a while but someday you might be able to replace that image with their smiling faces again."

 

"It must be so hard for all of you right now but we really wanted to talk to you about the marriage to Taekwoon." said Seo's mum.

 

"Oh Mum please this is not the right time to be talking about that. After what's just happened I'm not in the mood to be rescheduling the wedding." said Seo.

 

"Well darling that's why we wanted to talk to you about it. Your father and I have decided that the marriage will be no longer going ahead."

 

"What are you serious?" Seo asked in shock.

 

"Yes we're just so sorry that it took the deaths of your precious friends for us to put an end to this marriage."

 

Seo gave her Mum and Dad a happy hug. "So it's all over I'm no longer engaged to Taek?"

 

"No darling you're not."

 

Seo looked at Hyo happily before they embraced for a hug. 

 

"So I can just have a normal relationship with Hyo now? You're not going to try and set me up with some other guy?"

 

"No we won't be setting you up with anyone else ever again. We can see how happy you and Hyo are. So we'll just leave it up to you to pick that special person for you and we'll just offer our support like we should of done in the first place." Seo's mum said.

 

 

Tae and Tiff.......

 

 

As Tiff was just about to reach Sunny's bedroom door.

 

"Wait!" Tae called out and Tiff turned back around to face her.

 

"I don't want to lose you too ........ but I don't know what to do Tiff. Things keep running through my head..... over and over again. Like why didn't I hug them just a little bit longer, or why did we have to drive that way home, or what if the light was green and we didn't have to be stopped there at the exact time that the truck came ploughing through to take my Sunny and Hyomin's lives. What if Tiff......... what if?" she said before bursting into tears.

 

Tiff raced over to her and held her tight. "Baby the what if's will kill you if you let them. I know it's hard but you've got to stop thinking like that. You, me, Soo and Hyo we're all thinking about the what if's but it's not going to help bring them back to us, is it?"

 

"But how can I live my life with even the slightest bit of happiness without feeling guilty. Sunny and Hyomin don't get to live happily anymore so why should I?" asked Tae.

 

"Baby I know it doesn't seem fair but you know that Sunny would be angry at you if you didn't live your life happily because that's what the two of you wanted most for one another, right?"

 

"Yes I just wanted her to be happy and until that truck took away my wonderful best friend that's exactly what she was.....(sob)... crazily happy." she said tearfully as Tiff held her tighter.

 

"And what did Sunny want for you?" Tiff asked.

 

"Happiness...... she just wanted me to be happy and to one day open my own cabaret club. That's what she wanted for me."

 

"I'm not going to lie, you're going to have some really bad days but you're also going to have lots of really good days too. Baby I know it feels like your world has fallen apart but please don't push me away........ I love you and I want to help you through this." Tiff said caringly.

 

"I love you so much too beautiful and I'm so sorry that I pushed you away."

 

They kept holding each other tightly after a while Tae pulled out of the hug.

 

"So I really think there's somone I need to go and apologize to." said Tae.

 

"I'm hoping that you're talking about Soo." said Tiff.

 

"I can't believe that I actually blamed her. Soo's got a heart of gold and I know she would of done all that she could. What was I even thinking?"

 

"You're grieving the loss of your best friend and Hyomin. You were looking for someone to blame and Soo unfortunately was in your firing line last night."

 

"Yeah poor Soo..... um where do you think she'd be, with Jess or at her own place?" Tae asked.

 

They decided to head to Jessi's first since it was on the same floor. After they knocked Jessi opened the door.

 

Jessi hugged them both then asked them to come inside.

 

"Um Jessi is Soo here?" Tae asked.

 

"Yeah she's sitting by the pool but Tae you're not going to get angry at her again are you?"

 

"No I actually wanted to apologize to her."

 

"Oh okay but just to warn you her mind is a million miles away. Like she's just sitting there contemplating and contemplating and maybe contemplating some more." Jessi explained.

 

"Sounds like someone else I know." Tiff said as she looked at Tae.

 

"Do you mind if I talk to her alone and I promise that I'm not going to get angry at her."

 

"Okay sure, I guess Tiff and I will go and watch some TV in the lounge room."

 

Tae walked outside and slowly approached Sooyoung who had her feet dangling in the water while she sat on the edge of the pool.

 

"Hi Soo." she said as she gave Soo a fright. Once Soo saw it was Tae she had a worried look on her face.

 

"Soo it's okay you don't have to look so scared of me."

 

"But you think I didn't try to save them." said Soo.

 

Tae took her shoes off and sat herself down next to Soo and she dangled her legs in the water too. She then leant her head on Soo's shoulder.

 

"I'm sorry for yelling at you last night. I was looking for someone to blame and you were the unlucky one." said Tae.

 

Soo then put her arm around Tae's shoulder and pulled her in close.

 

"I thought you were going to hate me forever." said Soo.

 

"No way how could I hate you forever."

 

"But I bet the pain is not going away for you is it? and Taeyeon-ah what if I took more pictures of them because then it would of made us leave later and the accident wouldn't of happened. What if I had showed them the photos I took before we all drove off and what if that light was green instead of red." Soo said as tears fell from her eyes.

 

"What if the truck hit my car instead of theirs?" Tae said tearfully.

 

"What if we all decided to drive a different way home?" said Soo.

 

"What if Hyomin proposed on a different day?" Tae said.

 

"What if that truck driver actually stopped his truck in time?" said Soo.

 

"Sooyoung-ah what if we stop with the what ifs and try to accept that what happened to them was out of our control." .............