FOUR

Cursed.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My body collapsed onto the couch placed in the center of his office as I huffed and crossed my arms. He sat down in front of me as he stared me down with his elbows on his knees with his hands cuffed together in front of him. "So," he uttered, "what can you do?" He questioned. I looked at him and snorted. "What do you want me to do? Because I can do anything—file papers, type out documents, answer calls, make appointments, etc." My hands flew down as I finished counting with them. He looked at me and sighed with a nod. "So not alone do you know lots about spirits and magic, but you know how to do office work too?" I looked at him and shrugged.

With another sigh escaping his mouth, he nodded. "You got the job." He stood up as my eyes widen. I looked to him and shot up quickly. "Really?!" A smile spread across my lips as he looked to me with, yet, another nod. I grinned and clapped in happiness before jumping towards him with my arms wrapped around his neck. "Thank you, thank you!" My body brushed against his as it constantly rocked up and down in excitement. 

He cleared his throat as I stopped in position with my arms around his neck. I blinked and tilted my head down where it landed on his shoulder. With a gasp, my arms released him as I turned away with a embarrassing look and a sheepish chuckle. He chucked out a laugh and shook his head, "When can you start? Can you start now?" He questioned as he looked at me. I looked back to him and pointed to the ground, "Now?" I questioned back. He nodded allowing me to bite my lip before nodding slowly. 

He grinned and clapped his hands, "Great!" He replies as he points to the empty secretary seat. I blinked and walked over sitting myself onto the chair. He walked away and came back with bunches of binders in his arms. He stood in front of the desk and dropped them in front of me. My eyes widen allowing me to look up at him. He gave me an innoncent smile as he instructed that it needed over looking before he would sign it. His body turned towards his desk in the other room. "Oh, and can you call Mr. Byun and set up an appointment with him tomorrow morning? Okay, thanks." My eyes flared with annoyance as he walked away. I muttered unappropriate words. His head stuck out of his room as he looked at me, "What did you say?" He questioned startling me.

I looked up and shook my head, "I didn't say nothing at all," I reply through greeted teeth. He gave off a smirk "That's what I thought." With his body officially disappearing, I snickered and frowned while staring at the numerous amount of binders piled on my desk. "It's only my first day, and he's already trying to kill me." 

"Did you get that appointment setted up?" He walked out of his office as I stacked the binders neatly on the desk. I looked up and nodded, "He asked if you could meet at 10:30am because he has somewhere that he needs to extremely be at." Joonmyun nodded as he smiled while rolling up his sleeves, "Let's go have lunch," he offered as I sat down and shook my head while my cheek leaned against my palm. "That wasn't an offer. It was a command." I looked up at him with raised brows, "Excuse me?" I stood up with my hands resting on the desk.

"You heard me," he inched closer and leaned over the desk as his lips was inches away from mine. I pulled back and swallowed the growing lump in my throat. "It was a command. Wherever I go, my secretary must come with me. My side at all times." I snorted and shook my head. "You are the worst man I have ever met." I replied. He gave me a smirk and shook his head, "But I'm the iest, aren't I right?" A loud snort escaped my mouth as I immediately covered it. 

He frowned and tugged on my arm while leading me towards the restaurant downstairs. I blinked as he dragged me into the restaruant. "Yah," I uttered while holding his hand that was cupped around my wrist. "why dragging me! Stop it, it's causing a scene!" I whispered harshly. He turned around and gave me a grin causing numerous of worker—and his fangirls—whisper and mutter things that I did not appreciated. "What if I told you that I like to cause a scene?" He challenged back. My head tilted side ways as my lips compressed a flat line, "You're bluffing."

"Maybe I am," he shrugged and pulled out a chair for me. I sat down and huffed as he sat across from me. His hands cuffed one another as he tilted his head towards the menu telling me to order whatever I wanted. "Just get me whatever you're getting, I'm not picky." He looked at me with wide eyes before nodding towards waitress. She took his order as I sighed and leaned back with my arms crossed. "Why do I have to eat lunch with you? I'm not even hungry." He shrugged with thin lips while looking around the room. A group of females giggled as he winked and waved to them. I rolled my eyes and looked passed him. My arms unfolded as I tilted my head while getting up. 

I walked over to the table beside us as I gasped while pointing. "Oppa!" The male looked up and grinned with a chuckle, "Nam-bear." I chuckled and breathed out while cupping my hands against his cheeks. "What are you doing here?" I questioned as he pulled my hands away from his face and chuckled. Joonmyun held his eyes on me as Baekhyun got up and looked around, "Soojin asked to come out for lunch, and she chose here." He shrugged as I gasped. "I forgot to text you earlier," I clapped my hands together and bit my bottom lip trying my best to surpress the smile, "I got the job!" He looked at me with wide eyes. "Jinjia?!" I nodded as I pointed to Joonmyun, "My boss." 

He turned around as Joonmyun got up. The two pointed to each other before chuckling, "Pleasure to see you again, Mr. Byun! I was looking forward to tomorrow morning, but I guess not." Baekhyun nodded with a laugh, "What a coincidence. I didn't think I would run into you here—even though this is your hotel." I tilted my head and looked at the two converse. Baekhyun turned his head and looked at me, "I'm guessing you're the one who called me to make the appontment." I blinked before nodding. My eyes widen as I slapped his shoulder, "I didn't even know it was you! You sounded so professional!" He chuckled and rubbed his arm. 

"Have you ordered yet?" Joonmyun asked while asking Baekhyun to sit with us. He shook his head and stated that he was waiting on a friend—Soojin—who went to the restroom. "Oh, have a seat! We just ordered a bunch of food, come join us." Joonmyun invited. I looked to Baekhyun and nodded with a pout, "Please oppa." He looked at me and saw the tension that was occuring between Joonmyun and me. He surpressed a chuckle and nodded. I clapped as I raced back to my seat. Soojin walked back and stopped, "Baekhyun?" He looked up and smiled, "Soojin, have a sit. Mr. Kim invited us to have lunch with him." She smiled and waved to Joonmyun as I nodded, "Yeah," I turned my head to her, "why don't you have a seat? Let's catch up on things." 

I looked at her as she stared at me while gritting her teeth. I smiled to her and stood up, motioning her to sit in the seat beside me. She hestitated before sitting down. I took a seat after her as Joonmyun pointed the three of us. "How do you know each other?" I sighed and took a sip of my water. "Oh," Baekhyun set his water down and pointed to me with a smile, "I'm her sister's boyfriend—or ex-boyfriend. Her sister and Soojin were former students of my mother's." He looked down as I frowned. I looked down also while trying to maintain my looks. Soojin let out a nervous laugh and nodded, "Bomi is a good friend of mine." My head turned away while gritting my teeth and my fist maintain itself under the table. 

Soojin and I were never on good terms. She saw me as a distraction and annoyin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter