ONE

Cursed.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "Jealousy only eats up your beauty. Have more faith in yourself, you got something that other people don't."

The sound of claps filled the room as I smiled brightly, standing up for the main character and actress, my sister, Ahn Bomi. Her beautiful outfit and hair dazzling the crowd. "Ma'am, your actress is so beautiful. Her last scene had me very emotional." I overheard as I turned my head to my father. He smiled brightly, pointing to himself while looking to the person who complimented Bomi, "That's my daughter!" He said proudly. My eyes wandered around, noticing my sister's lover, Byun Baekhyun, walk up the stage with a bouquet of flowers. A smile spreading across his face as he handed her the flowers. Bomi's eyes glimpsing with joy from recieving the flowers. The crowd cheering for the two allowing me to be a bit jealous of them. 

"You did great," he muttered. My eyes reading his lips as she smiled, hugging him tightly. Soojin, her friend, stood behind with jealousy in her eyes as I tilted my head while Jaehyun, also her friend, stared at Bomi angrily. "Na Mi-ah," I turned my head to my father with rised brows, "I'm going to leave first, wait on your sister, ne?" I nodded and turned my attention back to the stage, observing Jaehyun and Soojin.

What is going on? 

"Thank you all for attending today! We hoped you enjoyed the show that our actors and actresses worked very hard for. Thank you so much!" Baekhyun announced as the audience gathered in a line to take a picture with Bomi. I smiled and crossed my arms, Baekhyun coming beside me. "Your girlfriend is very popular with the crowd, oppa." He chuckled and stated that he had an appointment with her by the garden pond. My eyes wandered to him before chuckling and shaking my head. I turned my body and walked back towards the dressing room of the actors and actresses. 

"I hate her so much!" My feet stopped as I stood behind the door, listening into the person speaking. "Ahn Bomi, I hate you so much!" The voice belonged to Soojin. My eyebrows knitted together, thinking of why she disliked Bomi.

I suddenly jumped and turned around, clutching my chest while heaving in air. "Unnie, don't do that!" Bomi laughed while shaking her head, "Who asked you to stand there and block the way?" I frowned and followed her into the dressing room as she began to take off her jewelry that fitted her costume. "I was coming here to wait for you. Appa already left and he wanted me to wait on you." I say with a huff, sitting across the table from her. "Well," my head turned to Soojin as she walked forward, her arms crossed, "you don't have to wait. Baekhyun wants to see you, Bomi." 

Bomi lifted her head and looked to Soojin, a spark of hope in her eyes. "Where?" Soojin pointed to the practice home, "he's in the house." Again, my eyebrows furrowed because I recalled him telling me that he was sitting by the garden pond. "Don't wait up for me, Na. I'll see you at home." I sighed and nodded, shooing her away as I got up and grabbed my bag. Ready to go home at last.

I sighed and snapped out of my thoughts, my phone hanging in the air with my hands wrapped around it. "Na Mi-ah," my father called as I quickly whipped my head to his direction. "Ne?" He sighed and walked over, patting my head. "I need you to do me a favor." I nodded my head and pulled my legs up onto the seat while looking to my father. He sat down aside from me while crossing his fingers together. "Tomorrw morning, I have a friend of mine whose son is a hotel owner. He wants me to go and check out the old drama home that Bomi used to practice at. Since it's closed down and he brought the area, I was called in to take a look around for any bad spirits or anything hanging in that particular area."

I nodded my head while staring away from him, "And what's your favor, appa?" He let out a sigh and looked towards the open door. "Sadly, I agreed to attend it, but it seems that I can't make it to his appointment to take a look around the area. So I was hoping if you can go and check it out for me, be the expert in my place." My eyes widen, dropping my phone onto my lap. "Appa! I can't do that!" He leaned in and took my hand, giving me a pleading look. "Please, my daughter? I really need you to do this for me." I sighed being unable to not resist his pleading eyes and nodded. "Fine, but you owe me, appa." He smiled and nodded, getting up and walking towards his room. "Get some sleep, honey. You have to get up early." I nodded and waved goodnight to him as I got up, walking over to lock all the doors. 

My feet led me to my room as I sighed and hopped into bed, plugging in my phone before laying down properly. My eyes wandered up to the ceiling, my thoughts cramming my brain. "Unnie," I whispered to myself, "where are you?"  Letting out another sigh, I laid off to the side, my hands tucked under my head as my eyes began drooping down.

 

 

The fog filled the area as my eyes squinted to look across the fog, "Hello?" My voice uttered while my arms rubbed vertically up and down. Suddenly, little whimpers filled my ears as I turned in every direction of the area. "Hello? Are you okay?" The sounds of whimpers belonged toa female,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter