Just a Dream

Dream Guy

My life is great! My life is awesome! Well that is if you think that having to dream of being with the same hot handsome stranger with you all the time and the fact that your dead best friend’s soul wouldn’t leave you ever. Yeah, isn’t that perfect?

 

It seems wonderful, doesn’t it? It’s actually different from what it sounds like. I don’t feel normal.

 

Waking up every day with the bruise I get from my dream as if I were really there in my dreams. Sometimes, when I’m lucky, I wake up spotless. Waking up like a normal person, I don’t feel tired or sleepy from having to rest my body even if I’m pretty much all over the place in my dreams.

 

I have no idea how in the world I could get these weird repetitive continuous dreams but I would very much like it if they were to go away. They aren’t exactly good dreams. Anything could happen. And I’m afraid that if I died in my dreams, I could never wake up again.

 

That was one thing he told me. “Be careful not to die” he spoke after I told him what I think about the dreams. He helped me through a lot in my dreams and has saved me many times. He is the only one in my dreams who I could trust. He is the man of my dreams and he is ONLY the man IN my dreams. He’s not real. He won’t be there for me when I wake up.

 

Even if there is him in the real world, he might not be the same guy in my dreams.

 

“___________________ watch out!” he shouted and pushed me out of the way. I blinked away from my thoughts and look at my bleeding arm.

 

“If you hadn’t move, the bullet would have gone through your heart!” he hold me in his arms and I think I saw a tear came out from his eye.

 

“I’m sorry” I barely said. “Wait here. Don’t move” I was in between walls, dark and hidden. He ran, leaving me for a moment, taking care of the unfinished business.

 

The 30seconds felt like forever. “I told you to be careful” he came back with face covered in blood.

 

I panicked and cupped his face with both my hands. “Kris! Are you okay?”

 

“I should be the one asking you that. You’re wounded. I’m fine” he holds my hands. “Come, let’s go somewhere else”

 

“Where are those guys?” you asked. “Dead” he answered shortly, his eyes looking at the distant.

 

We stopped at a water fountain. “I’m sorry” I said again, in case he didn’t hear me the first time before.

 

“It’s okay” he washed his blood covered face. “I know you hate killing” I said.

 

“But we have to, or they won’t stop coming to us” he replied and look over at me. “What happened back there?”

 

“I don’t know. I just felt a familiar presence and I lost myself for a moment”

 

“Well hello there, murderer” a voice came out of no where.

 

“Who’s there?” Kris stood up, alerted of his surroundings.

 

“I’m up here” the same voice spoke. I recognize the voice. Kris and I both look up.

 

“Oh my God, who are you?” Kris was shocked by the girl floating on air above us.

 

“She’s my best friend, from real life” I told Kris.

 

She scoffed “Best friend? Would a girl kill her own best friend? I don’t think so”

 

“I didn’t kill you, Suzy. You should believe your best friend”

 

“I don’t have a best friend, I’m sorry” her words almost cut your heart into two. “Besides, you confessed the day I died that you are the cause of my death. A killer and a liar. How could you call yourself as my best friend?”

 

“What is going on here? How could you uhh fly and appear here in ___________’s dream?” Kris asked.

 

“Why don’t you tell him? Who is he anyway? And wow I’m in your dream? How did that happened?” Suzy spins her head around. “Weird atmosphere, it’s like somebody just died here. Is this how the atmosphere is when I died?”

 

I sighed. Looks like I’m going to have to tell them both from the beginning of this weirdness.

 

“Suzy, I told you I’ve been having weird dreams but you didn’t believe me, I wasn’t lying. You’re here in my dreams, do you believe me now?” I asked as Suzy descends from the air and stand normally on the ground in front of Kris.

 

“And this is the guy you’ve been blabbering about non-stop?” she looks at Kris very closely. “You’re right, he is one hottie” my cheeks were on fire so suddenly. I do think Kris is a hottie but I’ve never told him that.

 

Kris looks at me, bewildered. He smiles and puts his hands inside his pockets. Then he looks back at Suzy who’s looking at me being embarrassed. Kris took out one hand and poke Suzy’s cheek. “I thought I would pass through you”

 

Suzy feels her cheek. “I thought so too. Aren’t I supposed to be a ghost? I pass through anything in real life”

 

“In here, illusions are real. That’s why I got bruises and cuts when I wake up from this. If illusions are real here, then you’re real here but you still can do some ghost stuff because you are one in real life. Conclusion is that we, who exist in real life, is here as alive as ever”

 

“There you go! Ms. Brainiac. I bet you solve cases here in your dreams” Suzy said in hate as she crossed her arms together and rolled her eyes away from me. I do solve cases here and Kris is a fighter “But I’ve got to say, I think she’s right” she uncross her arms and look at me. “I hate you”

 

“Do you also wake up with bruises and cuts and pains as well, Kris?” Suzy asked. Kris just stared at her. “Or you don’t exist in real world?” Suzy asked a second question.

 

“To me, it’s pretty much real here” Kris answered. Who knows what that meant. “How did you die? Sorry to ask”

 

“Drugs. I was at a party with another one of our best friend, Sulli. ____________ was supposed to come with us but she didn’t. She must have known about the drugs, that’s why she didn’t came. Sulli was lucky that she didn’t take the drink where the drug was in”

 

“Why would ______________ want you dead? She said she’s your best friend” Kris said.

 

“I thought about the same thing too. Then I realized that she must have been so mad at me because I told everybody at school about the freakish dreams she’s having and everyone started to call her a weirdo. I never knew you were such a hateful person who would get a cruel revenge to her own best friend. I guess you hate me to death!” she turns around and started walking really fast.

 

“Suzy wait! That’s not the full story. I did came to the party!” I shouted but she was already fading from my sight.

 

“She’s gone…” Kris said and I bursted into tears. “It’s all my fault. I should have not agreed to the party idea. No one likes me anyways”

 

“What about your other best friend, Sulli?” Kris asked.

 

“She’s the reason why I admitted to killing Suzy. Because she made me believe I did kill her and she was right. Now that everyone at school looks at me like a freak best friend killer, no one wants to get close to me. Even Sulli” Kris pulled me to an embrace.

 

“Just know that I’m always here for you”

 

I hugged Kris tightly, knowing that when I wake up in the morning, I won’t feel his embrace and the pain from Suzy’s words will still linger around me. My life isn’t that great at all…