Cranky

An Old Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chunji woke up to the sound of the front door opening and closing. His brow furrowed and he tried to move his hand to push his hair out of his face but found a weight stopping his arm from moving. His eyes fluttered open and squinted through the sunlight that was spilling into the room. He then became aware of warmth by his side. He looked down to see Mihyun curled up against him with her head lying on his bare chest.

                    He smiled to himself and stretched his legs underneath the cover, careful not to disturb the girl. He then carefully lifted the girl’s body so he could slip his arm out from underneath her. Next he slid out of the covers and laid her head softly on the plump pillows. Chunji looked around his bedroom and saw their clothes from last night strewn all across the floor.

                    He walked up to his chest of drawers, picked out a pair of boxers and pulled them on as well as a t shirt and some sweat pants. He took out a black and red checked shirt and another pair of boxers and folded them in a pile. He wrote a note to the sleeping girl “Feel free to wear these” and laid it on top of the pile. After flattening his hair in the mirror and casting one last glance at the sleeping girl in his bed Chunji left the room, closing the door behind him.

                    He came down the stairs and went to the kitchen. Niel looked up from looking in the fridge when he heard the footsteps and smiled when he saw Chunji standing in the doorway rubbing his eyes. Niel took the carton of orange juice out of the refrigerator, closed the door and leant on the kitchen counter.

                    “You look like you had a good night” Niel said while taking a sip of orange juice straight from the carton.

                    Chunji smiled and looked at the floor while he scrunched his fingers in his hair bashfully, “You could say that” he said within a sigh.

                    He began to make coffee and as it was brewing he went to sit at the kitchen table. “How about you? Good night?” Chunji asked.

                    Niel nodded, “I made sure I didn’t have too much beer this time” he laughed into the cardboard before he took another gulp of juice.

                    Chunji laughed whole heartedly, “Good job” He then saw Niel’s eyes focus on something in the hallway that Chunji couldn’t see. Chunji frowned at Niel’s quietness and then turned his attention to the doorway and saw Mihyun. She was wearing the clothes Chunji had laid out for her, the shirt was slightly too big for her and the sleeves covered her hands.

                    Chunji smiled a friendly smile when she met his eyes. “Good morning” he said sweetly.

                    She replied with her own smile but then turned her attention Niel who hadn’t shifted his gaze away from her, his face completely blank. She bowed and muttered a shy greeting towards him which caused him to raise an eyebrow questioningly before turning his attention to his best friend.

                    Chunji smiled reassuringly at the girl and stood up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter