Epilogue

An Old Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't know, Minsoo, I'm worried about him." Niel said as he subtly watched Chunji in the living room from the hallway. Chunji had every school textbook he could find covering the coffee table, sofa and floor as well as notebooks and pens scattered creating a rainbow of ink. Chunji's head was nodding along with whatever song was being blasted into his ears through headphones.

"I don't see why, he's always got his nose stuck in a textbook." Minsoo responded while looking at Chunji also.

Niel shifted his weight to his right foot uncomfortably and tilted his head, "I feel like it may be some kind of coping mechanism, after Byunghun left." 

"Well he did only leave three weeks ago, let Chunji cope how he wants to. At least he is coping." C.A.P. remarked while sauntering into the kitchen.

"I guess, I feel like he's pushing himself too much." Niel followed, looking down at his feet.

C.A.P. gently placed a finger under the younger boy's chin and lifted it so the catlike eyes would meet his. "You aren't doing yourself any good worrying like this. So just relax, ok?"

"I'm not worried about me-" Niel began to retort.

"I know, and Chunji will be fine too. He's strong enough." Minsoo smiled slightly an placed a quick kiss on Niel's mouth. "Better?"

"Mm..." Niel hummed and leaned up again for a second kiss with a smile on his face. Just as their lips met there was a knock at the front door. Minsoo groaned against the younger's mouth and held on tight when he felt Niel's hands pushing his chest away. 

"Minsoo," Niel laughed and turned to get out of the other's grasp and towards the front door. He glanced quickly into the living room to see his roommate in the same position, having not noticed the knock on the door. Niel smiled slightly and carried on to the door. He swung the door open and did not expect to see the person on the other side. 

They wore a sheepish grin on their face and carried a suitcase, two duffel bags laid at their feet. Shaggy blonde hair mopped their forehead and dark eyes twinkled.

Niel stared with his mouth parted slightly, "Byunghun." Niel managed to whisper.

"Hey, Niel." Byunghun chuckled lightly, "Great to see you again."

Niel didn't respond to the greeting, "Does Chunji know you're here?"

"Ah, no..." Byunghun scratched the back of his head, "I kind of wanted it to be a surprise. Is he here?"

Niel simply nodded and turned back into the hallway and stood in the doorway of the living room. He told Byunghun to stay out of view as the blonde began trailing his bags inside. 

Niel quickly switched the room's light off and back on again to gain his roommate's attention. Chunji turned his big eyes to Niel and pulled out the ear buds from his ears. "You ok?" he questioned.

"You have a visitor." Niel said simply and tried to suppress the urge to smile.

"Niel, I don't really want to see any-" Chunji began but instantly silenced when Niel stepped aside and allowed the blonde boy to come into view and smile brightly.

Chunji's mouth lay open slightly and gaped at the boy with, now, tired and wide eyes. He stood up slowly, knocking any notebooks and pens off his lap without care.

"It's me, Byunghun." Byunghun said with a smile, echoing the words from just a few weeks ago. 

Chunji let out a breathe he didn't know he was holding and ran to hug the blonde boy tightly. Byunghun let out a laugh at the other's actions and hugged him back.

"Are you staying?" Chunji asked mindlessly. His mind to mouth filter was rusty.

"Yeah, I am. That is, if you don't mind?" Byunghun pulled back to see the face he loved so much and brushed away the other's bangs. 

Chunji shook his head and pulled Byunghun into a kiss. Niel began to make various disgusted noises as Byunghun and Chunji's kiss grew more in passion. They paused to catch their breaths and they laughed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter