Chapter 02

SHE IS A MAN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan open the door and step into the house. It’s already late but their maids still on duty. So do the guard he meet at the outside just now. Frowned. He take off his shoes and put it on the shoe racks.

“Luhan?”,

Luhan raise his face when he heard his father is calling. “Dad.. I thought that everyone is sleeping..”, Luhan said, surprised to meet his father at that time.

“I just came down, to get water.. Your mother said you spending time with Joohyun..”, President Xi said. Luhan just nod his head as respond and walking to the living room with his father.

“So, how was it?”, President Xi asked.

“It’s...just fine, dad.. Don’t worry..”, Luhan said and assuring his father with smile.

“Good.. Thank you, Luhan..”, President Xi thanked, feel thankful with his only son’s effort.

“You should go to sleep, dad.. It’s not good for your health to stay late at night..”, Luhan said. President Xi nod his head and patting Luhan’s shoulder.

“I know.. You’re our only hope, Luhan.. Take care of Joohyun..”, President Xi said and climbed up the stairs with a glass of water on his grip. Luhan just staring at his father and sit on the sofa. He let out heavy sighs as he thinking what happen at the Italy Restaurant earlier ;

“Can you love? Because I know, you don’t..”, Joohyun said.

“Joohyun..you know, I can’t promise you anything..right?”, Luhan asked.

“That’s not the answer I want to hear from you, Han..”, Joohyun said with stern tone. Luhan sounds like avoiding her.

“I don’t know what should I say, Joohyun. I don’t want you put too much hope..”, Luhan said.

“Is it wrong to have a hope?”, Joohyun asked.

“You have 13 seconds to go..”, Luhan said. Joohyun frowned. “You said you want being selfish for a minute right?”, he added.

Joohyun scoffed, disbelief. “Luhan, please.. I need your answer, promise with me that you will learn to love me..”, she said.

“Is there any book for I read?”, Luhan joked.

“Book?”, Joohyun asked, confused.

“Yeah, you said you want me to learn to love you.. There should be a book..”, Luhan joked.

“Luhan, stop it!”, Joohyun shouts, frustrated. Luhan startled and look around at the customer in that restaurant and smile apologize to them.

“What are you doing?”, Luhan asked as he giving her ‘ridiculous’ look.

“I’m sorry..”, Joohyun apologised. “I think I should go..”, she said as she get up from her seat and get her purse before walk out from the restaurant. Luhan shook his head and sighed.

“What now..?”, he mumbling.

“Joohyun..”, Luhan called and wipe his lips with napkin before getting up from his seat. He slip the money under the wine glass and chasing Joohyun.

Both of them walk out from the restaurant, “Joohyun!”, Luhan called as he walking to the side road. But Joohyun already get into her car and drive the car, leaving Luhan alone.

Luhan shook his head. “What should I ride to go home then..”, he mumbling and decide to call his friends to pick him up.

Luhan staring at the krystal lamp on the ceiling. He ended up spending time with his three bestfriends. He had no choices because his friends need him. One of his bestfriend crying because broke up with his first love. He said that was just a misunderstood and his ex-girlfriend, don’t believe him at all even he trying to expain about it.

“What is love..? How can a pair of lover, doesn’t believe to each other?”, Luhan mumbling. He did tried calling Joohyun, to apologize but Joohyun didn’t answered his called.

Somehow, Luhan afraid falling in love. It’s not like he have traumatize or something-like phobia but seeing how his friends who experience everything than him, make he thinking about it trillion times.

Luhan get up from his seat and climbed up the stairs to his room. On his way, he passed Lulu’s room and heard something suspicious. He look down at the space under the door, the light still on. He press his ear on the door, trying to eavesdroping. Frowned.

“Lulu?”, he called as he knocked the door.

On the other hand, Lulu was surprised when heard the knocked and Luhan calling her. Her eyes widened when saw the door knob is moving. She turned around and throw her bag to the outside from the window. As she let out her right feet out of the window, the door opened. She turned look at Luhan who step into her room.

“Yah! What are you doing?!”, Luhan shouts and run to rescue his twin, who he thought want to suicide. He caught Lulu and pull her inside. Lulu screaming, shocked. Both of them fell on the floor.

“Aahh..”, Luhan groaned in pain. Lulu get up and sit beside Luhan. She cupped Luhan’s mouth.

“Sshhh..”, she said when heard someone coming. Luhan panic and bewildered. Lulu staring at the open door.

“Lulu?! Are you okay?”, President Xi asked as he standing at the doorway. He blinks when saw Luhan in Lulu’s room too. Madam Xi who following her husband, surprised when saw Luhan and Lulu sit on the floor with Jenga between them.

Both Luhan and Lulu turned look at the door. “Oh.. Mom.. Dad.. Why?”, Lulu asked, innocently.

“We heard you screaming just now.. What happen?”, President Xi asked.

“Luhan, what are you doing here?”, Madam Xi asked.

Lulu turned look at Luhan before divert her attention to their parents. “Mom, as you can see..we playing Jenga. And Dad, I’m screaming beause Luhan punish me with slapping my forehead. It’s hurt~”, Lulu said, innocently as she rubbing her forehead.

President Xi let out relief sighs, “Luhan, please don’t be too harsh with your sister..will you?”, President Xi said.

Luhan nod his head and look at Lulu. “That’s enough.. Both of you already 20.. Shouldn’t you stop playing this kind of games?”, Madam Xi said.

“Mom, we just reminisces our childhood memories.. I don’t think that’s wrong..”, Lulu said. Madam Xi stay silent when Lulu talk back to her.

“It’s okay.. Let them be..”, President Xi said. Their parents leave them alone have a time together. Luhan turned look at Lulu as soon as their father shut the door.

“Yah.. What are you trying to do, huh?!”, Luhan scolds. Lulu look at him and rolled her eyes, annoyed. “Are you trying to commit suicide by jumping out from the window?!”, Luhan added. Lulu shook her head, disbelief.

“Which man broke your heart?!”, Luhan asked.

“Do you think I’m stupid enough to do that?! I love my life, okay! Stop misunderstood things!”, Lulu replied.

“So, what are you trying to do?!”, Luhan asked.

Lulu get up from the floor and pull Luhan’s wrist. She brought him to the window and show him, her bag. Luhan’s eyes widened. “Are you planning of running away?!”, Luhan asked.

“No, stupid.. I just got invited trip to Busan!”, Lulu said excitedly.

Luhan frowned, “What? But why...from the window? You know you can use our door, right?”, Luhan asked.

“Do you think dad will let me go to Busan? No! That’s why I’m planning to do this, secretly..”, Lulu said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter