Violet

Rainbow

The last or the lowermost color in a rainbow is violet.

The color violet relates to the fantasy world, and a need to escape from the practicalities of life.

It is the daydreamer escaping from reality.

 

 

"Hyung"

"hmm"

When the said person absolutely has zero intention to look up from whatever video they're watching from the laptop, he calls them again. "Ya Kim Jonghyun!" screw being polite.

"What!" he snaps, eyes darting to the boy who called him.

Taemin sits down on the corner of the bed, putting his hands behind his head and sighs "I am tired"

The latter watches him, settling his laptop on the desk between both of their bed. He looks at the clock, it says 9 AM and it's weird to feel tired at this hour, Jonghyun thinks.

 "Then go to bed" he says sarcastically "and your bed is right there"

"I want to go out"

"then go out"

"I'm asking you to go out with me"

"what? Is this a date? I am no easy man, kiddo"

"then you're a e"

"why am I a e?"

"you're dating a kiddo"

 Jonghyun hovers over the younger boy, smirking "then I'm guilty eh?"

Taemin's cheeks reddened as it is inevitable with Jonghyun hovering over him. But at the same time, he feels brave, so brave that he grabs Jonghyun by his collar and pulls him for a kiss. "and I'm such a zoophilia, for dating someone with a dino face like yours" he says between the kiss

It only makes jonghyun to deepened the kiss so deep yet so sweet, Taemin had sworn every inch of jonghyun's lips will be the death of him. It is so intoxicating that Taemin's head feels fussy, but he always finds himself coming back for more.

SHINee has no schedule that day and the other members are doing their own things. Minho plays basketball or soccer none of them are sure, Kibum said something about picking up new leather jacket and Jinki said he needed to go back to his home for a while. It is just the two of them in the dorm.

(The manager had told them to not turning their dorm upside down because the nanny just called in sick or else they had to tidying it up by themselves. They both cringed by the thought) So, no. they would never turn their dorm upside down.

When Jonghyun had agreed about the going out, Taemin kissed him once again.

It takes twenty minutes for them to prepare and get in to Jonghyun's car. If it had been with Kibum, God knows how long it would take. Taemin rolls down the window, he prefers the natural air instead of the air that comes out from the air conditioner.

One hand stretches out outside like he tries to reach for something. Clasping and unclasping the fingers every so often. Jonghyun only watches him, silently. Trying to totally focus on the road before them, but somehow fails because Taemin's other hand on his lap. Jonghyun thinks this is what happiness feels like.

There is no exact destination, so they stop when Taemin announces that he is hungry. Looking for some restaurant or diner or just anything that sell proper food. Jonghyun suggest a ramyun but Taemin barks at him for even suggesting that "I'm on diet, hyung!"

At the end, they settle for ice creams. Chocolate for Jonghyun and strawberry for Taemin. ("I thought you are dieting?" Jonghyun teases. The latter punches his arms "shut up" before savoring the cold thing again)

"Hyung" the younger calls softly, jonghyun just finished his ice cream and is wiping his hand on wet tissue as he nods. "how do you see us in 10 years from now?"

They are sitting on the bench in the park, there aren't many people there probably because it's still rush hour and it is exceptionally dry but thankfully not hot outside. Jonghyun places his sunglasses on his head, squinting to see the sun before putting the sunglasses back on. Taemin watches him tacitly, admiring the firm jaws and the perfect shaped nose, the lips pucker another distinct way of showing that he is thinking. Taemin waits for an answer.

"Hell Taemin, I'm not a shaman how am I supposed to know such things?"

"but they always give us those kind of questions and you will always be the first one to answer it" the younger protests, turning to the older.

Jonghyun sits straight up and tilting his face, not looking at Taemin though "you want me to lie to you?"

"You've been lying the whole time?" Taemin's almost yell, he doesn’t know whether it is anger or just pure surprised "those "we will still be together" had all been lies?"

Jonghyun shrugs, and goes back to lean on the bench "I guess, if you put it that way" he could feel a burning gaze on him, so he continues "but, I do want us to be together for years and more"

"what if we don't work out?" the youngers says, voice above a whisper "what if we find something that more thrilling and enjoying than just being like us right now?"

"then we should go for what our heart desires, Taeminnie"

"but you wouldn’t forget me, right?" Taemin asks but more like makes sure of it "you wouldn’t forget about us?"

"never"

 

It is the next morning that Taemin had woken up to an empty bed on his side. There is only a Barney plush on Jonghyun's bed. The dinosaur plush is violet and smells like Jonghyun when Taemin inhales it. The plush also come with a note, written sheepishly by the only person who can make him blush that hard.

"for you, so you will never forget the dino face of me. Love, J