Yellow

Rainbow

The third color in a rainbow from the top is yellow.

The color yellow is vibrant in itself, as it represents the color of the sun.

This is known to be full of energy. Yellow also means something bright and happy,

However it can also suggest impatience, and cowardice.

 

 

Jonghyun loves Minho and Minho loves Jonghyun. That is the fact and everyone can see that and confirm it , that it is indeed, true.

 

But Jonghyun and Minho are too dense to realize their loves aren't the "one sided" kind of thing. And they just don't want to admit it.

 

Jonghyun is shorter by few inches than Minho but it doesn't make him less manly than the younger boy. And Minho knows it's true but he can't help but teasing the other boy. Which sometimes, end up with Jonghyun pumping up his muscle in the gym.

 

There are few things that Minho loves about Jonghyun. His poor senses of humor, ("Hey Minho! Have you seen the movie 'constipated'?" "Uhm.." "Never mind it hasn't come out yet") , he is a straightforward even when it hurts you ("Minho you're dumb" "you're short" "but at least I don't get 40 on my exam) and Jonghyun is the best musical genius Minho have ever met.

 

Between school and play with Minho, Jonghyun is a composer in the making. He turns word into lyrics and mix them with harmonious melodies. He keeps his writing on his yellow notebook. The only person he ever show his yellow notebook to is none other than...

 

"Minho!!!" Jonghyun yells while running around his house to chase Minho "give my book back!"

 

"Then catch it minion!" Minho retorts holding the yellow notebook above his head while standing on the coach in the living room.

 

No matter how much time Jonghyun jumps, reaching for his book, he would never get it. Then he came up with the idea that he might regret later.

 

Or not.

 

 

It is all blur to Minho. How he gets to this situation. How Jonghyun is below Minho and his body pressing on the older boy. This is the closest their faces ever get between each other. Both boys hold their breath without even realizing it.

 

It is Jonghyun who took the first bold move. Closing his eyes, Jonghyun slowly reach out for Minho's lips. Heart is pounding, both hearts; Minho and Jonghyun's.

 

Their lips was brushing when Minho decided to stood up and "sorry jjong, I-" he said before storming out.

 

Jonghyun is fast. Minho knows it and that is why he doesn't surprise when Jonghyun caught him by his wrist. "No. I'm sorry. I shouldn't done that" Minho smiles, assuring Jonghyun that he's fine.

 

It's not Minho didn't want to be kissed by Jonghyun, it's just he isn't sure about Jonghyun's feeling.

 

"You want to know what's in this book right? Well..." Jonghyun contemplates for a second "it's my new composition. I'm still not sure about it, you know. It's not perfect"

 

"I want to hear it" Minho says.

 

Jonghyun tells Minho to sit beside him on the bench in front of the piano. Minho complies immediately as Jonghyun starts playing the notes from his yellow notebook.

 

Minho is lost between the melodious notes. He doesn't know what keys that settle them into one perfect song, but he does know besides the fact that it sounds perfect; it sounds really really really like love.

 

Jonghyun stops abruptly, "it's not finished yet. That is why I'm-"

 

Minho is the one who kissed Jonghyun first. The kiss is full of passion, mostly because both of them are really manly; Minho thinks. But it is chaste, pure and screams love love love. Minho doesn't pushed Jonghyun too far but he is half expected for Jonghyun to be bold and slipped his tongue. Safe to say, it is the kiss of the year. For both of them.

 

"It's perfect Jonghyun," Minho says to Jonghyun when they parted "just like you"

 

The next day Minho comes to Jonghyun house to help Jonghyun finishing the song.