Blue

Rainbow

The fifth color from the top in a rainbow is the color blue.

Blue is nostalgic. It is a color that lives in the past,

relating everything in the present and the future.

 

 

Minho was a nation's representative swimmer when he first met Taemin. People called him a boy mermaid, one who lived and breathe in water. While Taemin , was just a pool boy who worked for the boy mermaid.

The irony? Minho was drowning in love with the pool boy.

It was inevitable for most part. How Minho would kiss the younger boy by the swimming pool, when no one was around. Or how Minho had promised to Taemin to be faithful and royal and drown (not fall, for the sake of his tittle) deeper deeper and deeper in love with him from day to day, every day. Forever  

Their love bounded by the blue sky and ocean blue and the sapphire ring on their fingers.

As always, every hello will always lead to a goodbye.

When they had to part, Taemin took the hand of his dying beloved one whispering "we'll meet again" on his ears as Minho's eyelids slowly closing.

It was their promise and no one had intention to break it.

 

***

 

 

Lee Taemin worked for one of the forensic team on the police department. He worked day and night and sometimes he forgot how bright and warm the sun is. But he couldn’t complain about it, his mother reminded him about how lucky he was to be accepted to worked for the team and that people would literally kill each other to get to the team.

Sometimes he wondered, what is it like to work outside the lab? To not be suffocated by the smell of the alcohol and death.

To love?

"Excuse me, are you the cute forensic guy who is just too cute for the lab?" someone said right after they barged in to Taemin's office.

"what?"

"uhm my friend, Kibum. You know him? He told me to meet you and tell all this…"

"my name is Lee Taemin"

"yes, I know that" the man said, Taemin could see the watery eyes on the man's eyes. "my name is Choi Minho"

Taemin cried, instantly. He never cried, he told himself but this one was inevitable. "Yes, I know that"

Minho was an officer when he met Taemin for the second time.

Both of them didn’t waste any time to be together.

Kibum was slightly jealous because "I should be the one with that cute lab guy, not you!" he told Minho. But he ended up with him being the best man for their wedding.

"remember the something blue?" Minho asked his groom as he slip the sapphire ring to Taemin's fingers.

"I would never forget" Taemin retorted. Stated.

Stated the promise that they was, and is, and always be forever and he would never ever ever forget it.

Not even when Taemin had to serve the country,

Not even when Taemin never came home after that.

 

***

 

"I miss you" he said as he shook the hand of the man in front of him.

"I miss you," the other man's eyes lighted up with happiness "probably more than you are"

Jinki, one of their co-workers looked at them, confused.

"So you guys met before?"

Taemin looked up to the taller guy, eyes sparkling with joy. "yes, we did"

Minho nodded, sign of agreement.

They met before, just not in this life. But Jonghyun didn’t need to know that, both of them thought.

They worked for two different companies and worked together for a brand new project when they met, for the third time.

But it was 5 months later they had to apart. One day before they had to exchange their vows.

 

***

 

There was an audition for new group in town this time.

All this time, never once he wants to be a singer. Being on stage and being watched by millions eyes just isn't on his to-do-list.

"but you're talented, baby. You should go for it" his mom told him.

So, he went to the audition and aced the audition with jealous looks from other contestant when he dances his heart out. The judge gave him standing ovations and they even told him, they never gave anyone a standing ovation before.

Then he decides, it isn't that bad to be under the spotlight. To be watched by other people.

When they tell him that he made it, that he is going to be in a new five-members group, Taemin starts to worry.

What if the fame hindered him from meeting that certain someone?

All the "what ifs" mix together in his head and his head is spinning. He needs to sit.

The chair is the only one unoccupied in the room. Then he sits down, his fingers rubbing his temple hopping it would ease the dizziness.

"excuse me," someone said. He is tall, Taemin first notices when he looks up "that's my chair"

"I'm sorry." Taemin mutters lowly, or he thinks he mutters it lowly. He can't hear anything beside his beating heart anyway.

"that's.." the tall guy offers his hand "I'm Minho"

Taemin takes it, "yes I know that"

"and your name is Taemin"

"yes"

"I miss you"

"I miss you too"