CHAPTER II

The Story of You

ACCIDENTS HAPPEN


NEXT MORNING

Kyuhyun came to Eunmi’s house and asked her mom permission if he could bring her up some breakfast.

As he went up the stairs, Eunmi was still in deep sleep. Kyuhyun crept inside her room quiet and careful not to wake her. He positioned himself on her desk but as he did, the mouse was moved and it revealed the update she was working on last night.

Kyuhyun refused to read her story because she didn’t like it when he read her stories because she thought Kyuhyun would laugh at them. But of course, temptation was a b*tch. Kyuhyun set his eyes on the first part.

Kim Jongin/Kai always felt different when he was with Jiyeon. He felt comfortable with her, he felt like being open to her, and he felt like he loved her. He has never felt that way about a girl before. Only D.O has given him the knowledge of treating girls properly and that they should be given respect.

Jiyeon was the light of Jongin’s life.

That’s how Kai felt about her.

“Where are you?” Kai texted.

“I’m in class, genius.” Jiyeon replied.

“Meet me by the fountain when you’re done.”

“Alright.”

They’ve just started dating and Kai is still trying to get the hang of things with Jiyeon. Kai wanted to show Jiyeon that he was serious about her and that he really loves her. So he decided to give her a little surprise.

Kai ran off in search of the perfect empty box.

…..

*shuffling sounds*

Eunmi was waking up so Kyuhyun quickly turned the computer off and diverted Eunmi’s attention with food.

“Oh, Kyuhyun-ah. What are you doing here so early?” Eunmi asked with a sleepy voice.

“N-nothing. I brought you breakfast. Your mom let me in.” he smiled.

“Hm, why are you jumpy today? What’s up?” she inquired as she sat up and picked up the mug of hot chocolate.

“No, I’m not. I just wanted to pay you a visit.” He shrugged. “You were up really late again last night, Eunmi-ah.”

Eunmi smiled sheepishly.

“That’s the life of a fan fiction writer, Kyu!” she said with closed sleepy eyes.

Kyuhyun couldn’t help but smile at the girl he had in front of him.

“Now get out.” She suddenly asked him to leave.

Kyuhyun got nervous and thought that she had caught him reading on her computer.

But was relieved when she said, “I’m going to take a bath. I’ll meet you at school.” and took another sip of her hot chocolate.

Kyuhyun snickered and went out the door.

On his way down the stairs, Kyuhyun remembered what he had read from his girlfriend’s computer.

“An empty box, And that they meet by the fountain.” Kyuhyun thought to himself. “I didn’t finish reading. So that Kai character is going to buy the girl an empty box? That’s what romantic means to Eunmi? She’s so strange.”

“It’s confusing because I didn’t finish it. But if that’s what she likes, that is what she will receive!” Kyuhyun encouraged himself.

So he went out and searched for a pretty-looking empty box. But after he had purchased the box, he still couldn’t figure out what that character Kai had done to it to make it special.

A bright idea popped up and Kyuhyun took out his phone.

“asianfanfics.com” he typed on the address bar.

He searched for Eunmi’s username, you and browsed for the update he read that morning.

To his surprise, it wasn’t posted yet. The update he read wasn’t on the story yet.

“She must’ve forgotten to upload it.” He thought to himself.

Kyuhyun sighed and tried to think of a way to make the box more special. He thought hard.

Box + Fountain = ???

“What was he planning to do? Aissh! I should’ve read faster.” He scolded himself mentally.