CHAPTER I

The Story of You

THE FANFIC WRITER


Seo Eunmi is a 17 year old girl who loves to write fan fictions about her favorite k-pop groups. She loves writing funny stories and love stories for her idols. Eunmi never misses her scheduled updates and never misses a beat with her beloved subscribers. She treated this hobby of hers as a part of her life.

Eunmi has been a fanfic writer for 3 years now. She always loved the idea of being a writer but she knew that she couldn’t get a decent job out of it. She knew that she had to think about the reality of things. That was another reason as to why Eunmi loved to write fan fictions. She hated what society has been putting out, how it treats people, and the fact that she couldn’t do anything about it.

So she turns to asianfanfics, a website especially for people like Eunmi. She spends hours on the website just scrolling through the stories written by thousands of great fan fiction writers. She shared the laughter and tears of the readers and authors as she read at least a hundred stories uploaded in the website. Even with this habit, Eunmi still had her focus on education. She excelled pretty well in her class so it wasn’t a surprise that she caught someone’s eye.

Eunmi never thought about having a boyfriend, but when the ever persistent, smart, and funny Kyuhyun came up to her, she couldn’t resist.

“So what are you saying?” Eunmi asked once again in anticipation.

Kyuhyun smiled and held her shoulders.

“That I like you.” He spoke.

“I like you, Seo Eunmi!” he repeated.

Eunmi laughed but gave Kyuhyun a big hug in response.

Kyuhyun was a year older so that somehow makes him the more mature one (sometimes).

Since then, Cho Kyuhyun became a part of Eunmi’s life. They were a couple for a few years but here is where the story comes in…

A/N: I hope you enjoy!

Eunmi was in the middle of updating her current love story about EXO’s Kai and her own character, Jiyeon.

Kim Jongin/Kai always felt different when he was with Jiyeon. He felt comfortable with her, he felt like being open to her, and he felt like he loved her. He has never felt that way about a girl before. Only D.O has given him the knowledge of treating girls properly and that they should be given respect.

Jiyeon was the light of Jongin’s life.

That’s how Kai felt about her.

“Where are you?” Kai texted.

“I’m in class, genius.” Jiyeon replied.

“Meet me by the fountain when you’re done.”

“Alright.”

They’ve just started dating and Kai is still trying to get the hang of things with Jiyeon. Kai wanted to show Jiyeon that he was serious about her and that he really loves her. So he decided to give her a little surprise.

Kai ran off in search of the perfect empty box.

“What the heck is this?!” Jiyeon held up the grungy-looking box and examined it.

“Open it!” Kai encouraged.

Jiyeon’s eyes nearly popped out when she saw what was inside. She was so dumbfounded, that she couldn’t speak at all. She found that what was inside the box was…

“Nothing.” Jiyeon’s excitement deflated. “Kai, there’s nothing in here.”

Kai still smiled.

“You lunatic! Why won’t you just tell me?!”

It was in the middle of the night as she was finishing off her latest chapter when her phone rang.

“Kyuhyun-nie” it read

“Yeoboseyo?” she yawned.

“Aish, you’re still up! Writing fan fictions I presume. You should go to bed, Eunmi-ah.” The kind and deep voice sounded from the other line.

“I just need to publish the update, Kyuhyun-nie.” She stretched.

“Tch~ Do it tomorrow then. Please? Just go to sleep now.” Kyuhyun insisted.

Seeing as Eunmi had no energy in arguing, “Neh, oppa.” She answered.

“Alright, good night!” Kyuhyun said then hung up.

Eunmi did as she was told and crawled in to bed.