CHAPTER IV

The Story of You

MISCONCEPTION


THE NEXT DAY

“Eunmi-ah! Let’s go to the fare!” Kyuhyun called Eunmi.

“Huh? The fare? Oh yeah, it’s here today, isn’t it? Okay!.” Eunmi said and went to prepare.

Later on, Kyuhyun arrived to pick her up.

It was really chilly outside. (What do you expect? It was the winter fare! LOL) So as Eunmi opened the door for Kyuhyun, he was bundled up with a scarf, mittens, and a coat. And Eunmi dressed similarly.

“It’s a little cold, isn’t it?” Eunmi remarked as she was closing the door.

“Yeah, but it feels alright.” Kyuhyun replied.

“Are we taking the bus there?”

“Hm? Nope. I figured we could walk there! (Just like in her story!)” Kyuhyun happily stated.

“W-walk?” Eunmi stuttered.

“Yeah, it’s like only five blocks from here, Eunmi. Come on, it’ll be fun!” Kyuhyun encouraged her as the two of them were already walking.

“Uh, yeah! Alright, sure.” Eunmi smiled. This is so strange. He usually prefers to take the bus anywhere. Oh well.  Eunmi thought.

As the two of them walked, it seemed that the weather was getting colder. The temperature dropped as they passed the five blocks Kyuhyun talked about.

Tired, and a little out of breath, Eunmi and Kyuhyun arrived at the winter fare.

The two went off and played the stall games and rode a few simplified rides. Kyuhyun and Eunmi enjoyed themselves and had a great time.

Then Kyuhyun went to his great plan.

“Let’s check out the claw machine!” he pointed.

“Yeah!” Eunmi and Kyuhyun rushed to the available machine and started.

“Hey! I brought the coins you gave me!” Eunmi held out the coins.

This reminded Kyuhyun about how gullible he was so he scratched his head and snickered.

The two went at the machine for a long time. And not long after, Eunmi’s coins ran out. They couldn’t get any of the toys.

Kyuhyun on the other hand was purposely missing the toys every time the claw descends. He points it at a difficult area and always resulted to a fruitless trial.

Eunmi huffed in disappointment.

“Why can’t we get any of them?!” she was upset.

Kyuhyun proceeded to the plan and went off for a second.

“Here!” Kyuhyun handed her a small packet of sweets.

“Candy?” Eunmi stared.

“Yeah! It’ll cheer you up!”

Eunmi still looked really sad, “Thanks, Kyu.”

Kyuhyun swung his arms around her and said, “Come on, I’m taking you home.”

Eunmi silently nodded.

On the way back, it started snowing. Snowflakes fell as Eunmi held out her hand to catch them.

“It’s beautiful.” She mumbled.

Achoo! *sniff* She sneezed.

“I better get you home quickly. It sounds like you might catch cold!” Kyuhyun exclaimed so they walked faster.

But it was too late. When Kyuhyun dropped her off, Eunmi was already burning with a fever.

“Eomma, I don’t feel well.” She whimpered to her mom.

“Oh, my Eunmi, come on I’ll take you to your room.”

There, Eunmi’s mom took care of her.

Covered with 2 layers of blanket, Eunmi still had her laptop on her lap.

She was updating her story.

MONDAY

“Jiyeon-ah, why aren’t you in school?” Kai called her up.

“I caught the flu. Mom won’t let me go.” She coughed.

“Oh, my poor Jiyeon.”

“I’m fine. I’ll just have to stay home for today though.”

“I hope you get better soon. Don’t worry, I’ll bring you your homework later this afternoon, arasseo?” Kai offered.

“That sounds nice.”

But as she was typing, her mom suddenly barged in with a bowl of hot soup in her hands, so Eunmi accidentally clicked the ‘save chapter’ button and uploaded the short conversation she was making.

“Aiish, this girl! Eunmi-ah, you should put that away for now! You’re sick! That can wait!” her mom scolded her while she fed her the soup. Her mom took the laptop away and put it all the way in the other room.

She kept gulping down the soup but she felt that she had confused her readers. Eunmi was so concerned that her subscribers were going to be real confused about what she accidentally posted.

OVER TO KYUHYUN’S

Kyuhyun already knew about Eunmi’s condition because her mother sent her a text that morning.

He was already planning on cooking up some special ramen for her but he thought of something else. Kyuhyun knew Eunmi well, so he knew that she would still try to update her story even in that condition.

So he logged in.

“Homework? Just the homework? Would that be good enough?” Kyuhyun wondered as he stared at the rather short update in the story.

Kyuhyun was still a little clueless about asianfanfics so he just thought that it was some sort of tactic where the author leaves the readers confused.

He shrugged and said, “I guess if that’s what she thinks will make her feel better. She does like to keep her grades up.”