CHAPTER III

The Story of You

COINS


“What do couples usually do at a fountain? Hmm…”

“I GOT IT!” he exclaimed to himself.

“Couples throw coins into the fountain and wish for love, don’t they?! That must be it!”

So Kyuhyun pulled out some coins and showered it into the pretty little box.

“I hope she likes it!” he hoped.

So the time came. Kyuhyun met up with Eunmi that afternoon and happily surprised her with the box.

“Aw, Kyuhyun-nie! This is so sweet. I---.“ Eunmi couldn’t finish her sentence as she stared at the contents of the box.

“C-coins.” She uttered.

“Yep! Don’t you think they’re romantic?” Kyuhyun beamed.

Eunmi took a deep breath and looked if Kyuhyun was playing some sort of joke. But his smile seemed so sincere. There was no way that this was a joke.

“Uh, yeah! These are great!” Eunmi complimented.

“I’m glad you like it.” Kyuhyun nodded.

“I can probably use this at the arcade or something.” Eunmi thought to herself.

So Kyuhyun walked Eunmi home and she continued her story.

“There’s nothing in there because this is my gift to you.” Kai held out a beautiful charm bracelet with charms that spelled, I LOVE YOU.

Jiyeon gasped and hugged the guy.

“I figured that it would really suit you, Jiyeon-ah.” Kai said as he hooked in the bracelet on to her wrist.

“You really shouldn’t have. I get really clumsy with accessories. I might lose this.” Jiyeon wearily responded.

“Then I guess I’ll just have to remind you what the bracelet says by telling you everyday! I love you, Jiyeon-ah!” Kai announced.

In the brink of tears, Jiyeon hugged Kai once again.

“Thank you.” She whispered in his hear.

Eunmi thought for another minute on how to continue the story. She looked around her room for a little inspiration. Then her eyes met the box Kyuhyun had given her. It reminded her how sweet her boyfriend was and the fact that he had such strange ideas about being sweet.

“Hm, coins.” She hummed to herself. “Cooooiiins~coiiins~coooins~…”

“That’s right! The arcade! I can take them to the arcade and use it on a claw machine!” Eunmi snapped her fingers and went back to typing.

NEXT MORNING

“Hey! How about we go to the arcade today?! It’s a Saturday, so it’ll be fun!” Kai texted.

“Sure!” Jiyeon instantly replied.

Kai picked her up and they both walked to the arcade.

There, like two kids, Kai and Jiyeon played and won a couple of prices.

They played video games and shooting games, but their favorite was the claw machine.

Kai and Jiyeon challenged one another in winning an actual toy from the tricky machine. The two spent so much tokens on the single game.

But in the end, all they received was a small pack of assorted candy. They couldn’t get their hands on any of the toys but they were still so happy just because they were together.

And then Eunmi updated the story. She added this to the one she forgot to update the other night.

ALL THE WAY TO KYUHYUN’S PLACE

Eunmi is not aware, but ever since Kyuhyun read that bit from her computer, he subscribed as an anonymous user to her story.

He thought that it would be a useful reference whenever he wanted to do something nice for Eunmi.

“Ooh! She’s updated!” he exclaimed as he scrolled down his phone.

Kyuhyun’s eyes scanned through the rest of the story and realized his mistake.

“Aiish! A bracelet?! That was it!” he stated. “And I gave her coins?!? I am an idiot. It’s official.” He scolded himself.

So he kept on reading until the end of the update.

“Hm, the claw machine at the arcade, huh?” he said to himself.

Where the two of them lived, there weren’t any good arcades close by, but there was a fare coming in the next day. And at a fare, there’s bound to be a claw machine in place!

Kyuhyun nodded in his own scheme.

“I should take her there so I can make up for that ty gift I gave her. (Man! That was stupid!)” he shook his head once again.