CHAPTER VI

The Story of You

ANONYMITY


AT KYUHYUN’S

“Heh, she’s got time to update her story but no time to talk to me?” Kyuhyun bitterly remarked as he scrolled down on the update. But he stopped at the author’s note part.

He read it over and over. He felt guilty and wanted to apologize but he was afraid that she would still be mad.

He exhaled and back his hair. “What am I going to do?”

He scrolled lower and read on to the comments section. Most of the comments were that the readers really wanted the update and that she should cheer up because they loved the story.

Kyuhyun thought of a way (finally). Since he was logged in as an anonymous reader, he left a comment.

Mr.Simple (yes this was his username because he thought Eunmi would think that it was just another SJ fan)

Great update! But what’s wrong, author-nim?

He left the comment and locked his phone.

BACK TO EUNMI’s

Eunmi was fooling about on the website. She was looking at some horror themed stories and scanned for one she could read and subscribe to. Just then, an orange line appeared on the upper left side of the screen.

New story comments!

It was a notification on her story.

Eunmi quickly right clicked so it opened in another tab.

She scrolled down and read the comment. Eunmi was touched by the comment because she treasured her subscribers and the fact that one was concerned really made her smile.

She replied through personal message.

Hello! Thanks for subscribing and being concerned. It’s my boyfriend. We had a fight and I can’t talk to him.

Kyuhyun’s phone buzzed.

His eyes fluttered as he saw that she had replied (and through personal message!)

What did he do? Why can’t you talk to him? Oh, and are you an ELF?

Kyuhyun looked at how cheesy and worthless his reply was but he needed to know.

Uhm, it’s a long story. I want to talk to him but I’m afraid that he might be mad at me. Yeah! I’m an ELF too, Mr.Simple! That’s a great username! :D

Kyuhyun snickered at the reply but he felt that little nagging guilt when he thought how this is lying and fooling his girlfriend. So it took long before he replied again.

Eunmi was now engrossed in a certain horror story where EXO lived in a haunted house but the other tab remained open as she still waited for another reply from her concerned subscriber.

She held onto her blanket as she read on with the suspense-filled story she had subscribed to.

Then the previous tab started blinking.

Eunmi clicked on it.

Thanks! I like your username too, author-nim! Don’t worry, you’ll get through this!

Eunmi stared at the reply, a little puzzled but she smiled.

Thanks! 

And she went back to reading.

Kyuhyun’s spirit was finally uplifted.

“We’re just waiting on one another! I’m going to talk to her tomorrow!” he exclaimed.

THE NEXT DAY

Kyuhyun caught up to Eunmi at school.

“Eunmi!” he called out so Eunmi stopped.

She looked at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun just gave her a big hug. He held tight and spoke.

“Please don’t be mad anymore?”

She smiled and hugged him back. “I can never get mad at you, Kyu.”

“So, what have you been doing?” Kyuhyun hooked his arm with her as they walked.

“Well, I updated my fanfic. Oh! And one of my subscribers got wind of what we went through. I hope you don’t mind?” she confessed.

Guilt crept right up to Kyuhyun’s spine.

“Oh! Yeah, uhm it’s fine. It’s a little embarrassing but it’s fine!” he scratched his head and faked his innocence.

“Well I’m glad you feel that way!” she beamed.

THAT NIGHT

“I think I’m ready for another update. My mood is way better!” Eunmi chuckled to herself.

A/N: Annyeong my readers! Since my mood has completely turned, it’s a double update for everyone!

That afternoon, Jiyeon had missed Kai.

She had seen his efforts in trying to still be part of her routines but she failed to meet him half way.

While she was walking, she saw Kai who was slumped sadly on one of the benches.

She decided to approach him.

“Hey, you know what?” she started at him as she sat beside him.

“What?” he answered lazily.

“I’ve missed you.” Jiyeon looked at him.

She saw that Kai’s eyes instantly lightened up. He smiled.

“Well it’s been hard being ignored by you.” He joked.

Jiyeon rolled her eyes. “I really am sorry. I was so busy. But I meant what I said, Kai-ah. I really missed you.”

“I know. It’s hard NOT to miss me.” Kai proudly stated as he crossed his arms.

“Pfft, you airhead!” Jiyeon laughed.

It’s been a while since Kai heard her laugh. So he savored the moment and just stared at her as she laughed it out.

Once she was done, she spoke, “Want to get some ice cream?”

Kai blinked but he smiled and nodded.

The two walked to a nearby ice cream shop.

“Uhm, one chocolate and one vanilla, please.” Kai stated at the counter as Jiyeon stood beside him.

“Add some sprinkles, please too.” He continued. Jiyeon nodded at him in approval.

“Niiicee~.” She said.

Kai pinched her cheek and lead them to an empty table.

“Here is your order!” the bubbly waitress put the tray down.

Jiyeon instantly scooped from Kai’s chocolate ice cream and gulped in down.

“Yah! You have your own!” Kai whined.

“You shouldn’t have chosen chocolate, your skin’s dark already!” she teased.

Kai’s jaw hung open and he smiled, “Well then I should eat your white vanilla ice cream, shouldn’t I?” he had already scooped a large amount and devoured it.

“Aww, you stinker!” she replied and frowned.

The two enjoyed their time and made up for the lost one.

A/N: It’s a bit fluffy but it’s what I feel now. Happy reading, everyone!

Eunmi published the update and shut her laptop off.

Kyuhyun on the other hand, of course has already read the update.

Nice update, author-nim!
He left another unsuspecting comment.