CHAPTER V

The Story of You

SOUP


Later that day, Kyuhyun came to Eunmi’s house with a mound of homework the professors gave that day.

As usual, Eunmi’s mom let him in and visit her in her room.

“Annyeong, my Eunmi!” Kyuhyun cooed as he entered the room holding books in his hands.

“Uh, hi Kyuhyun.” She greeted. “What’s that?” Eunmi noticed.

“Homework!” he declared.

Eunmi raised an eyebrow and thought hard.

“Homework.” Eunmi repeated.

“Yeah. I brought them over so you wouldn’t fall behind in class!” he smiled.

“Kyuhyun, are you aware that I’m sick?” Eunmi asked.

“Yes. Your mom told me this morning. I was so worried.”

“So you knew I was sick and you brought me a pile of homework?” Eunmi started to feel indifferent.

“I thought you’d need it.” Kyuhyun felt down. His excitement in seeing his girlfriend disappeared.

“That’s what you thought I’d need, when you knew I was sick?!” Eunmi’s voice cracked.

“I don’t understand why you’re getting mad at me. I just thought you’d like to be able to catch up when you go back to school.” Kyuhyun’s eyebrow furrowed.

Eunmi stayed silent and just shook her head.

“I guess I’ll go now.” Kyuhyun spoke and left.

Eunmi thought and thought about what had happened. She couldn’t get over the fact that Kyuhyun would just act like that. She was so confused.

Kyuhyun felt the same. He felt that his brain was scattered all over the place. He couldn’t take it.

“So much for giving her soup though.” He thought.

“Why did she act like that? It was what she liked in her story. What did I do wrong?”

For a few days, the two didn’t speak to one another. They stayed silent, waiting for someone to say something.

Then Eunmi just decided to distract herself first with her story.

Jiyeon had a lot of projects ahead of her so she warned Kai that they might not be able to hang out as much next week.

Jiyeon started to get really busy with her responsibilities.

-She was part of the student council.

-President of the counseling committee.

-And a participant in an upcoming competition.

She had so much on her hands, but Kai knew. He knew that he would have to share her with the rest of the school. He accepted that she had a lot of responsibilities.

TUESDAY

On the way to school, Kai passed by Jiyeon who was rushing. She held a pile of books in her hands and rolls of paper in her bag.

“Jiyeon-ah!” Kai waved.

Jiyeon stopped sharply and turned. She smiled, waved then rushed right off.

Kai put his hand down and took a deep breath.

That afternoon, Kai was on his way to the school gates when he saw Jiyeon once again.

She was on top of the ladder attaching the huge banner to the school’s pillars.

Kai instinctively went near the ladder and said, “Jiyeon-ah! Be careful up there, arasseo?”

“Oh uh! Yeah sure! Thanks!” Jiyeon mindlessly shouted without even looking at the guy.

WEDNESDAY

Kai was walking down the hall to his next class when he saw Jiyeon talking to a troubled-looking student.

“Hey, how’s it going?” Kai greeted as he held on to the straps of his bag.

“Hm, oh. I’m fine! You?” Jiyeon tried to give him attention.

Kai was about to answer when suddenly, the student Jiyeon was talking to burst in tears.

“Oh, oh, no it’s fine. It’s all going to be alright.” Jiyeon quickly comforted her.

Jiyeon and the girl started to walk away from the weary Kai.

“I’m fine though.” Kai whispered to himself.

Sorry for the dim update, guys. I haven’t been feeling all that right. L Mian. But I still hope you all keep reading!

Eunmi updated her story.

She had a much sweeter update stored but when they had that little fight, it affected her story and it showed.

She checked her phone for any sign of Kyuhyun, but there was nothing.

“I guess he doesn’t really want to talk.” She thought to herself.