CHAPTER VII

The Story of You

REVEALED


THE NEXT DAY

It was a Saturday so Kyuhyun thought of taking Eunmi out on a date (and yes, in an ice cream shop)

Kyuhyun took Eunmi out for a stroll around town before he brought it up.

“Hey, how about some ice cream! I think I want some.” Kyuhyun exclaimed.

Eunmi raised an eyebrow at his sudden and familiar suggestion but replied, “Yeah, I think that sounds great!”

They walked to an ice cream shop around the next block and ordered.

“One strawberry and one cookies and cream, please.” He ordered.

Eunmi was so confused. She felt that something was extremely/too fishy. She was getting a little bit anxious. Eunmi felt that she’s heard those words before but they were obviously rephrased.

So she waited for another moment.

“Oh, and uhm, could you add some sprinkles?” Kyuhyun said before he had turned away from the counter.

“Will do, sir!” the girl behind the counter replied.

It was as if a light bulb not only lighted up in Eunmi’s head, but it also burst into hot flames. Her eyes widen at Kyuhyun’s last statement but she wasn’t sure about it.

So she kept quiet for a few more minutes.

“You’ve been quiet.” Kyuhyun started. “Are you tired?” he continued.

Still deep in thought and trying to formulate a conclusion, Eunmi couldn’t answer. She just stared at the guy.

Kyuhyun waved his hand in front of her eyes and spoke, “Eunmi-ah. What’s wrong? Have you been hypnotized by my good looks?”

Eunmi furiously shook her head and blinked, “Huh? What, oh yeah, I’m fine.”

“Heh, you’re acting weird.” Kyuhyun giggled.

So Eunmi went back to thinking.

The waitress had given them the order and Kyuhyun pushed the bowl of cookies and cream ice cream to Eunmi but she didn’t move.

Then Kyuhyun made the greatest mistake of his entire life…

“Hey, let me have a taste of that!” he scooped from Eunmi’s bowl.

This caught Eunmi’s attention… Her mind played a series of flashback scenarios…It finally struck her

In my story…Kai gave Jiyeon an empty box because he gave her a bracelet…

Kyuhyun gave me a box but he filled it with coins… The morning I forgot to publish that update, he was there and he was jumpy…

In another chapter, Kai and Jiyeon went to the arcade but came home with only a pack of assorted candy but otherwise empty handed…

Kyuhyun invited me to the fare… We even walked there… And we ended up with nothing but candy… He’s usually good at claw machines but he missed e-v-e-r-y toy…

When Jiyeon got sick, Kai brought over her homework because he really didn’t know how to cook so he brought the books instead…

When I got sick, Kyuhyun brought me my homework but he knows how to cook! He’s always cooked for me… He loves to cook for me… But he brought me homework… So we fought…

In my latest update, Jiyeon and Kai went to an ice cream shop where Kai ordered their favorite flavors and added sprinkles… Kai scooped from Jiyeon’s bowl and so did she…

Kyuhyun, he…

He…

He…

Just like in my story…

“Eunmi-ah! Eunmi?” Kyuhyun was staring right at Eunmi.

Eunmi blinked because she was in the brink of tears.

A drop actually rolled down her cheek. Kyuhyun wiped it off.

“What’s wrong?” he was worried.

Eunmi’s tears flowed once more but she closed her eyes and smiled. She wiped the line of tears and managed to look at Kyuhyun.

She managed to chuckle.

“Aish, what’s wrong, Eunmi-ah? You’re making me worry. One second, you were crying then you’re laughing.” Kyuhyun his hair.

Eunmi laughed once more. She just looked at Kyuhyun and thought.

She thought how he had done everything he did for her…

Kyuhyun’s first attempt with the box… How he failed…

The fact that she got sick because Kyuhyun wanted to do what she was publishing in her love stories…

Eunmi thought about how Kyuhyun acted just so he could stay true to her story’s plot…

She thought about how lucky she was…

Eunmi looked at the guy who was gulping down strawberry ice cream with sprinkles.

She leaned in and flicked him hard on the forehead.

“AH! What was that for?” he demanded as he touched the now turning red spot.

“That was for giving me a box of coins.” Eunmi smiled.

Kyuhyun couldn’t comprehend but he put his hand down.

Eunmi flicked him again on the same spot.

“That was for getting me sick.”

Kyuhyun reacted to the pain but his eyes widened.

“This is for bringing me homework when you knew I was sick.”

Eunmi flicked him for the third time. By this point, Kyuhyun just shut his eyes.

Then Eunmi leaned even closer. Kyuhyun still had his eyes closed so she didn’t mind anymore. She leaned more until she was a centimeter away.

Eunmi kissed him.

It was a short but sweet kiss and Kyuhyun was obviously surprised. He slowly opened his eyes and blinked.

Eunmi just smiled at him.

“Y-you know?” Kyuhyun muttered as he managed a little smirk.

“I figured it out.” Eunmi nodded.

For the last time, Eunmi leaned in once more so Kyuhyun prepared himself…

Only to receive a hard smack on the side of his head.

“And that of course, was for reading my fanfic.” Eunmi stated and ate the rest of her ice cream.

Kyuhyun smiled and scratched his head.

On the way home, the two of them walked with their hands intertwined. They seemed to be the sweetest couple.

Eunmi would of course occasionally hit the guy because he made a remark about her story. Then afterwards, she’d blush.

Once they were at gates, Kyuhyun held on to Eunmi.

“Good night.” He kissed her gently on the forehead.

“Promise me one thing.” Eunmi whispered.

Kyuhyun looked at her and folded his lip.

“Don’t ever read my stories again, Mr.Simple!” Eunmi pushed him off.

Kyuhyun laughed, “Haha-Hey! How’d you know?!”

“I guessed.” Eunmi admitted.

Kyuhyun smiled and waved goodbye.

“Good night!” Eunmi replied.

THAT NIGHT

Eunmi was on her laptop again, about to catch up on some reading when she noticed the orange line of notification on the left side of the screen.

She read Kyuhyun’s “anonymous” comment and snickered.

Eunmi clicked on the username/account.

Mr.Simple

Once it opened, she moved her cursor to the most ideal and appropriate button…

It moved past Subscribe to Blog and Subscribe to Stories

And it moved past Add as Friend

The cursor stopped at Block and she clicked it…

Eunmi smiled.

“Idiot.” She muttered.

THE END