Chapter 7

Perfect Ending

Chaerin's P.O.V

"I don't really know his intention of meeting him later OR maybe I know and just being in denial. Urgh. Is he gonna say...no no no. He's there to explain why he kissed me the other time. Possibly a confession? But, a woman like me, I doubt he won't gonna do it. But, my heart is beating real fast as time approaching evening."


As time ticking, it was 4.30pm. Everyone started to loosen up a little and prepared to finish off the last task and packed up their things. For the whole day, somehow it was not her day to begin with. First, he came earlier than her, but that apple juice made her day. Then, when she tried to copy some documents, the machine suddenly let out a sound and it didn't work. When her colleague came to fix it, it came back to life instantly. Then, during lunch, she accidentally spilled coffee on her desk that dirtied all the infos she printed previously and she needed to reprint again. "You worked hard today." One of the colleagues tapped her shoulder before she went back home. She sighed. As a result, her clothes had some coffee stains and instantly caused her to frown and a little unhappy.

"Where are you going?" he suddenly barged out from his room. "I have to go home and change into new clothes. I can't be wearing these clothes and go out with you." It has been her habit lately that she was always the last one to go and waited for him before she leaves. "Not enough time, never mind, follow me later. We'll find some clothes and have dinner." He told her to wait while he fetched his bag & ready to go.

"Not a good day huh?" he asked. "That's obvious." she replied while looking out of the window. "How was the juice?" he asked. "It's just a juice. APPLE. juice." her tone seemed annoyed. "Chill, we are not gonna walk together in those clothes of yours. Try to relax and chill. Later, you'll turn into little miss grumpy." He tried to humor her.

They had a little shopping spree, picking out a suitable outfit for her. He sat on the couch while browsing some of the much more expensive dresses while she went into the fitting room with several choices of clothes. She came out, wearing the first one, turned around for him to see. "How is it? Nice?" she asked. He gave the quite approving look, which normal guys usually does.  Just pick whatever that you like." he said, his eyes was still on the dresses. "Men are all the same." she thought. When she came out of the dressing room in her own clothes, he was not there and the salesperson approached her with a bag contained a set of dress & a pair of heels.

Use the ones you chose for your daily wear. Wear this dress and meet me at the restaurant opposite the store. Make sure you wear it elegantly. - Vampire Boy

 

Chaerin's P.O.V

"At that point of time, my heart was racing, beating fast. That's obviously not a simple gesture & obviously I KNOW where's this getting. I did think It was sweet of him to give me that dress that he PERSONALLY chose. So, basically he was ignoring me because he was busy thinking which dress suits me. But still, he shouldn't ignore me like that. Well, in short, I'm kind of impressed."
 

She appeared at the restaurant in the one piece dress and the heels  he bought for her. He flashed a smile as soon as he noticed her. She smiled at him, presenting the outfit, to show him that he has a good taste in fashion. "You are lucky since blue is my favorite color." First thing she said as she settled down. "Good that you like it, truly looks good on you. Much better than how you usually dress to work." he replied. "Well, I'll take that as a compliment. Not gonna ruin this good moment, at least for myself. Thanks for the treat. I guess this dinner should be my treat but seeing you brought me to such a posh one, I'll treat you next time." she remarked. "That was so straightforward of you, cute. Really, you are the first that I find weird but adorable much." He kept flashing his smile.

After they ordered, she asked. "So, what's the occasion? You said you got something to tell me about yesterday's kiss?" Soo Hyuk was caught off guard as he didn't thought they would reach that topic way too early. "You asked wayyyy tooo early. I scared you lose your appetite after I tell you. Slowly, let's savour the moment, the ambience, music. Enjoy the moment, Miss Chaerin. I guess you've never been on a date before." He was about to gulp down what she thought was champagne. "Ya, you said you don't drink champagne or whatever drinks." She took away his glass. He was quite surprised and he rolled his eyes. "Missy, there's such drink called sparkling juice. OMG, you came from which era?" he made fun of her.

She pouted. "I've never dated, so what. You always like to poke fun at me." she said. "I didn't know that was what juice you said." her voice getting softer. "Hey, are you mad? You're not like this. Chaerin that I know can withstand all my chaerin-jokes and even throw things at me in anger. Looking at you now makes me sad. Come on, cheer up. Ok, I'll try to control my jokes. Maybe I carried it way too far and hurting you in the end." he said. "Oh please, haha. I didn't know you can actually pacify a person." she replied. "Well, I'm a human, not as what you think of me as, a VAMPIRE. Come on, treat me with more humanity." They kept throwing jokes at each other till their orders reached.

 

Chaerin's P.O.V

Well, I'm waiting. I'm waiting for something to happen. He's comfortably eating his food while I'm starting to wonder if there's anything gonna happen next, like those in dramas where some violinists will come to your table & someone appear with a big bouquet, and he proposed to me. Or discovering a ring in the midst of eating food and he went down on one knee and proposed to me. I waited... and nothing happened. Until we finished. Actually, why am I thinking about proposal?


They arrived at a place under some bridge that she had never seen before. "What kind of place is this? Whay are you bringing me to such places? Almost nobody!" she looked around warily. He took out something from the car booth. There's few people since a small eatery was located just few metres away. She turned around and saw him carrying quite a huge size of rilakkuma plushie. Her face brightened up a bit. "How did you know I love rilakkuma stuff? Must be my mum right? You took so much effort to know about your dear secretary." she said. He gave her the plushie, looking nervous and jittery. "Ok, let's get back to the main topic. Why are we here?" she asked.

"This place holds a lot of memories for me, be it happy or sad. Whenever I feel very low or stressed, I'll come here and vent all my frustrations & go to that eatery to have a bowl of rice cake. So..I wish to create another memory here.... with you." She looked at him into the eyes as he held both of her hands.

"I, Lee Soo Hyuk, wish to confess that I like Lee Chaerin. My first encounter of you made me fell in love with your back view. Sorry, I know that's weird thing to say it out but your back view alone captivated me in some way that I couldn't resist. Then, I knew that woman was you during the first incident we're both in. I guess fate has brought us together even closer as boss/secretary and I feel really happy to get to know you more. I may not be a perfect partner for you like Do Min Joon, but I'm sure I can be a devoted and even dear friend/boyfriend like Lee Hwi Kyung. So here, only both of us, the only witnesses to my confession, I hope that you'll accept me as your partner."

 

Chaerin's P.O.V

Honestly, what can I say? I'm totally speechless. There's no words that could explain the feeling i had back then. The way he confessed was manly and honest. No hesitation in between and as he said those words, I can feel his sincerity from his eyes, and his heart. I nearly teared but luckily I managed to hold it back. It was a big discovery and surprise to know that he actually likes me way back before I met him. Seeing how much he likes me, how could I turn him down?


"Can I say something?" she asked. He nodded. 

"I never really fall in love before. I don't know what is love about or how it feels. I have always wish that I have someone who likes and loves me, cherishes me like his own and protects me with all his might. SInce I knew you, we started from disliking and gradually we became close grudgingly(not yet on really good terms o^o), yet I didn't know how I feel towards you. But your sudden kiss that time changed me. I easily become nervous, my heart beats faster whenever I thought of you, I couldn't concentrate in doing my work properly, I couldn't sleep properly. Yet, I did blame you for making a mess out of my normal life now. But, now I knew the answer. Your existence does exist somewhere in my heart but I didn't realize it. I realized that I like you, I've become much more comfortable around you."

Still holding hands, she looked him in the eye. "Yes, let's date."
Both of them smiled and ended up in each other embraces.

"Ah wait." she uttered suddenly. "What?" he asked. "Can we don't call each other names anymore? I'll swear I won't call you Vampire Boy anymore? Pleaseeee?" She made him promise not to call her Sadako again. "Well, I can't really promise you. Sadako IS part of you but if you are asking me to reduce the number of times calling you by that name, then I'll try." He let out a tiny laugh.