Chapter 5

Perfect Ending

Soo Hyuk's P.O.V

I carried her, from the office, to the lift, in the lift, at the lobby, to the car park. I have always underestimated my strength until that day when it proved me wrong. She's really heavy. I guessed, her sweat and tears absorbed by the clothes, as a result add more weight for me to handle. She fell asleep soon after I carried her down. She must had a nice dream while I suffered through the pains of carrying her, saw the security guard gave that weird look at me, and then, thinking whether should I send her home(mine) straight. Don't misunderstand me, I have my reasons. 

 

Next morning, she was awakened by unfamiliar sound. Someone pulled the curtains opened, letting in the morning rays     shined through the window panes. A shadow figure was standing by the window. She rubbed her eyes and it became clear. Her eyes widened and mouth gaped open. First reaction she did was to look at her own body, only to see herself fully-clothed. "Ya, I'm not interested in you, don't be like that." said Soo Hyuk as he took a sip of his lemon water. "What are you doing here?" she asked. "You are in my house and in my room. Don't ask why. All I can say is that you sleep like a pig." he looked outside the window. "Why did you bring me to YOUR house?" She asked. "Don't ask so many questions, get ready, we need to go Busan for a meeting. I hope you didn't forget about it." he said. At that time, a woman entered the room. "Noona, help me. Thanks, I owe you a favor." he tapped her shoulders and walked out of the room.

"You are?" she asked. "I'm Soo Hyuk's sister in law, Hana." Chaerin looked at her. She was so beautiful and refined though those words spoken. "Hana-sshi, you are so beautiful." Hana took it as a compliment and thanked her. "Call me Unni will do. Soo Hyuk always praise me, saying I m beautiful. He praises me more than my own husband. He always said that I'm exactly like his ideal woman. " she joked.  Chaerin, who was quite surprised ask her about Soo Hyuk. "He's capable of saying such things too? Wah, unbelievable." she said. "Soo Hyuk always being misunderstood regarding his attitude. The way he treats the people he knows and cares very well and the people he barely knows are totally different. The way he treated you means both of you are not close." She got to know abit more about himself. "Sorry, but I can't make myself to like him in any situation. Never." Hearing those words, Hana joked that she might not say the same words in future. "You might need to retract those words in future. You won't know what happen." Chaerin didn't understand but she brushed it off. 

She's all prepared, wearing office wear Hana lent to her. Soo Hyuk looked and made that impressed expression. "looks great, but still can't beat my noona." Chaerin endured his words. She didn't necessary need to hear those words, especially from him. "Have breakfast before we go." he said. Chaerin looked at him. "I don't eat breakfast." she confessed. He looked at him. "No wonder, you always appear angry every morning. You are  a hungry angry woman and I don't want that. Eat a bit." He applied some peanut butter on the bread and gave it to her. "I don't want you to release any anger later during the meeting." She was so pissed, couldn't endure anymore. "Ya, Lee Soo Hyuk, I'm really done with you. How could you lump my anger and not eating breakfast as one? That's so ridiculous. I don't eat breakfast, it's my problem." She grabbed that piece of bread and stormed off the house.

 

Soo Hyuk's P.O.V

You see? I really can't dote on her. Can't like her too. Her attitude is too scary sometimes that I thought she's a monster in disguise. Sadako scares people with her looks, she scares people with her anger. And she still grabbed that piece of bread, I bet she's hungry. Poor girl. Contradicting much, that action but I was kinda amused too. Like, isn't she cute?

 

"Shouldn't a secretary wishes their boss good luck before any presentation?" he asked. She was looking away, not wanting to look at his face. "Such a petty woman, you are." Both entered the lift. "Good Luck." He turned slightly and smiled. "Just for the sake of saying. I don't want to be rude but technically we are in someone's company and it's working hours now." she explained. He thanked her and wishes her all the best too. He could feel her nervousness once they entered the meeting room. "Don't be afraid. It's enough that you cried yesterday, better don't make a scene later." he whispered. They shook hands with the directors and broke the ice. She introduced by explaining the company's vision and plan for the future. She added the company wished if they are ever collaborating, it would be a fruitful partnership on both sides, gaining revenues, materials and exposure. 

As she was explaining, she noticed someone was winking at her. It disrupted her speech and he looked at her. Closing one eye, she cleared and continued. A while later, the same guy winked at her again and gave her a very lecherous smile. She stopped. She was about to sidetrack when he held her hands. He shook his head, warning her not to do anything silly. "I'll take over." He whispered as he pulled her aside gently and he stood up, resuming from where she stopped.

"You should have just let me have my way. Old , how dare he did those winking during a meeting? Such unprofessionalism is really not acceptable." she lashed out. "Speaking of that, you have no right in saying since you are is displaying it too but I'm glad you endured. You can't always lash out everytime you feel wronged. Think about other people, think about the company, our superiors. If anything goes wrong, who is responsible?" He shove his bag at her as he headed to the restroom.

 

Chaerin's P.O.V

His words was akin to hitting a gong close to my ears. How could he say such words at that timing? Shouldn't he be like siding me, agreeing to whatever I said about that old, disgusting fellow? I was surprised myself that I didn't took it further when he held my hand. To be honest, I'm lacking in lots of ways and am still learning. But what happened after that, gradually changed my impression towards him. Just like that. 

 

Those directors came out of the room. They saw her and applauded them for their professionalism and if the deal got through, they would be more than happy to work with her and Soo Hyuk. Then, one of the director gradually came closer to her, while shaking her hand. "I hope we'll be partners in future. Have a more cohesive and intimate relationship between the companies." The other hand crept towards her shoulder and gradually went down her shoulder blades and to her hip.

"I guess professionalism doesn't include ually harrassing other people's employees, right?" Soo Hyuk asked. He frowned and asked him what was he trying to say. "I've been enduring your acts since the meeting and I tried to endure but your actions really are getting on my nerves." he continued. "I don't care you are my brother's valuable acquaintance. If you are not displaying some proper attitude, not even in your own company, I guess there will be no respect for you even you become our partners. I do what I said but I rather that we call off this deal. I don't see a point to continue this with you anymore. I'll deal with the consequences and here we end. Secretary Lee, let's go." Chaerin was at lost but she didn't probe him until they reached the carpark.

"Why did you do that? If you are saying they are your brother's acquaintance, then just let them do what they want. They serve an important purpose in our business." Her words enraged him. "YA, do you have any idea why I did that? Do you have any idea WHY i did that?" Not bothering to explain, he got into the car. The atmosphere in the car was awkward. First time, she saw him looked so serious and angry that she couldn't do what she usually do; talk back. She glanced at him several times but couldn't utter anything. "Yes, you have anything to say? Do you know the reason why? Tell me when you know. I'm not gonna say anything." He was not the cold yet still able to entertain sort of guy at that point of time. He basically ignored her and didn't even make any effort to talk to her like he usually does. Chaerin was helpless. In amidst of the confusion just now, she couldn't really think why he did that, putting the company on the risk, just because she was harrassed.

"is it because of me? Like, he couldn't stand how they treat me. But, personally, shouldn't his actions are normal?" she asked herself. Meanwhile, her colleagues were whispering while looking at her, giving those suspicious looks. She asked her colleague beside her, who's known to stay out of gossips and do own work. "What are they talking about?" she asked. "They are talking about you. News of the failed deal in Busan is going viral now. GM Lee is now in the CEO's Lee office." She resumed her work after the conversation ended. Now, rumors of her being the main reason the deal failed has gone viral and even the President of the company knew about the news. Soon after, she saw him walking back to his office, not looking in her direction at all.

She was called in by him. "GM Lee, is there anything..." He cut off her sentence. "Call off all meetings for the whole week. I'm not in the mood for them." he said, still not looking at her. "Is there anything else?" she asked. He shook his head and told her to leave. That evening, she waited for the rest to go and she carefully knocked on the door before entering. "It's after working hours, I feel we should talk." she said. "What's there to talk about?" he asked, putting on his jacket. "YA, Lee Soo Hyuk, I'm sorry. I realized that you did it to protect me, putting the company on the line. I appreciate what you have done. I'm sorry. I realized it too late." He turned around and looked at her, in the eyes. "But, why are you so uptight about it?" she asked.

He cupped her face and leaned closer, head tilted slightly and smooched her on the lips. Her eyes widened, trying to process what has happened right then.

 

Chaerin's P.O.V

"Did he just... kiss me? Did he? DID HE? That was such a shocker, I didn't anticipate that at all. How could he entered my lipzone so easily? My reflexes are usually good when someone tries to do something to me. Let say, kick them in the stomach, pulling their hair, pinching wherever I could pinch but..... I didn't manage to do it this time, or rather, I didn't feel like doing it. The kiss seemed to rip out all the emotions that I never experienced before, heart beating faster as the kiss progesses till i couldn't handle the capacity, made me hard to breathe. I did think why he did that to me but I don't care. My eyes gradually closed and at that time I thought, Lee Soo Hyuk, you brat, you just stole my first kiss."