Chapter 10

Perfect Ending

He put down his bag, ran past Soo Hyuk and went to hug her. "Ya!! It's been such a long time. I miss you so much." He hugged her damn tight. Chaerin and Soo Hyuk looked at each other. He shot her a doubtful look as he looked at them hugging. "Umm, Ji Yong-ah, I can't breathe." She was trying to let loose of the hug or better still if it was within her means, she wanted to break away from it. 

Chaerin's P.O.V
It was nice to see Ji Yong after such a long time but honestly, the timing is all wrong. I wouldn't know what Soo Hyuk is thinking and feeling right now. I wish someone can help me right now.

"It's been two years since we met. I was thinking before I go back to Japan, I want to surprise you. I remembered that you always complained that you are lonely, no one to talk to, no boyfriend, no relationships. Now that I'm here, let's catch up with each other." he said, still ignoring the man behind him. "Um, Ji Yong-ah.." She looked at him but Ji Yong was still blabbering about his life in US for past year, living & working as a fashion designer. "It was wonderful. I think I should bring you to US one day and invite you to one of my senior's fashion shows."

"Cheogiyo." As soon as he heard a man's voice, he stopped and turned around. His eyes widened a little as he looked at Soo Hyuk. Fascinated by his looks and sharp features, he approached, came closer to him. "Woah, such nice features you have there. Any inspiration to become a model? I personally feel you'll become a good one under me. Your face is an envy to all guys, including me." he said. "I'm flattered but I'm not interested to become one. Initially yeah, I did want to but my parents were against it. Now, I'm not interested." he said. Chaerin looked at both of them. Ji Yong put his arm around his neck and casually asked him what kind of fashion usually he's comfortable with, color tones of his overall fashion. Somehow the conversation side-tracked that left her dumbfounded.

Chaerin's P.O.V
What on earth just happened? How come the main topic shifted to fashion? And now I realized Soo Hyuk is SO TAME to praises. I mean, duh, he's good looking and all those, but he should react like that WHEN I'm the one who praise him. He's my boyfriend.

"Anyway, who are you? What are you doing here?" His arm was still around his neck. "Who are you then? How are you related to Chaerin?" asked Soo Hyuk casually. "She's my friend, my best friend since elementary school. My utmost special friend till now. You know her?" Ji Yong asked. He nodded. "She, too, is my utmost special person." "My girlfriend." he looked at him as he uttered those words. Gradually, he removed his arm from his neck and awkwardness sank in. He turned around and stuttered. "You..Your boyfriend?" She nodded. She could see his face changed a bit soon after and she felt bad. "How could someone like him, have a girlfriend like you? I mean, Chaerin has always been any guy's enemy." he asked. "I wondered too, how could someone like her ended up being my girlfriend." said Soo Hyuk. Chaerin rolled her eyes in disbelief.  

"Oh well, I guess I shall be happy for her." His expression brightened up gradually. He looked at Soo Hyuk. "You're not thinking of trying to create a distance between us do you?" Soo Hyuk let out a small forced cough and looked away. He walked up to Chaerin and put his arm around her neck. "She will be forever be my best friend & I'll be watching you so, if I foresee or sense you are treating her bad, I'll make sure I'll be the one who is gonna create a distance between you and her."

Soo Hyuk's P.O.V
Look who's threatening! Such an unpredictable guy I've met & he happens to be her best friend. Its gonna get tough for both of us from now onwards if he's gonna stucked to her like a piece of gum. Irritating git.

"Chaerin-ah, I've nowhere to stay. I hastily made the decision to stay in Korea just because I wanna see you & broaden my experience in the design field here. So yeah, if can, i mean your mum won't mind too right? Since we are very close and we know each other too well." he asked. Hearing this, Soo Hyuk breathed out a long puff of air, uncomfortable with what he just heard. Chaerin kept glancing over at him, uneasy. "Can I? Can I? Pleasssseeee?? I'll treat you dinner for the whole week. How about that?" he asked. Soo Hyuk's eyes widened.

Soo Hyuk's P.O.V
If he's gonna treat her dinner the whole week, meaning he's gonna be with her every night? This brat, he need a wake up call. How could he said those things in front of her boyfriend! If not for him being her friend, my fist would already landed on his face and I'll would make sure he broke all of his teeth and never able to eat properly again. I'm restraining my anger.

"Um, Ji Yong-ah. It's not that I don't want to but you do realize that now everything is so awkward? I mean I have a boyfriend and making you stay with me under one roof, it kinda make me feel uncomfortable & he's standing there, acknowledge his existence. Or at least read the atmosphere, you dumb." she shouted. "Well, I don't want to hide anything from that boyfriend of yours. Why must I? I bet he's ok with it right since he didn't say anything? I mean as a boyfriend, he should learn how to like & respect the people around their girlfriend in order to be closer and get to know her better, am I right? No?" he asked, glancing at him occasionally. Soo Hyuk just flashed a forceful smile.

"And he's such a hottie, aren't you scared he'll just hook up with another woman and leave you?" Chaerin glared at him. "You're such an , Ji Yong. Don't come into my house. I warn you." She walked in and slammed the door. Ji Yong looked at him. "Trying to be an , this is what you get in return." said SH, not looking at him in the eye. He walked back to his car quietly. As he just started the engine, Ji Yong rushed into the car. Soo Hyuk looked at him. "What are you trying to do?" he asked. "I know you don't like me, but at least do me a favor & put me up somewhere to stay." he sounded amusingly desperate. 

"I don't know why I'm doing this, but seeing you so pathetic like this, I've must owe you something in my previous life." said Soo Hyuk. "Are you saying to me that you made the decision JUST yesterday in order to come here and live off Chaerin? Is that what you meant?" he asked. "Not living off her, as in live with her temporarily until I reached my goal. Trust me, she wouldn't mind, if not because of you." he said. "Isn't that the same? Wow, you are her friend and you harbor that kind of thinking. Surely disappointing." he shook his head slightly. "We are besties & always try to accomodate each other." he said. Soo Hyuk smirked. "Yeah & literally being told off for saying bad things about me. I'm sure both of you are not that close yet. At least, in some matters, both of you are of not same wavelength." he said. Soo Hyuk could feel his stare from the corner of his eye through the rear mirror and gloated slightly.



 

Sorry for late update. I was away in Tokyo for a week. So this week's chapter is considered quite late.
Anyway, I'll be introducing minor characters, just to spice the story up & consider a test of the couples' love towards each other.