Chapter 4

Perfect Ending

When he entered the office, everyone stood and greeted him except for one person. That one person & he noticed her seated in her seat, doing her own stuff. He stopped by her desk. "I guess you should have some basic manners, right? Please come in to my room in a while." He walked in his room with a serious look on his face. She rolled her eyes. "Chaerin-sshi, I guess we have not yet break the ice." Her colleague sitting next to her, began to initiate a conversation. She introduced herself and to the rest. "Chaerin-sshi!" His voice penetrated the whole office. He was waiting for her.

'You are late. You are lacking manners. I don't know why in the world I chose you to be my secretary. I must be blind.' He circled around her as he vented out his frustrations over his decision to hire her as his secretary.


Soo Hyuk's P.O.V

"Let me emphasize this again. I am a kind person. I don't really shout nor scold people without a reason. I'm a straightforward person, saying what I think ought to be said. She's lacking in everything. She pissed me off and her attitude is BAD, really bad. But one thing I noticed, she really got a good figure. Please keep this a secret from her. I was trying to concentrate but this bugs me and I couldn't. Oh my, is it because it's been quite a while since I actually stand in my office in the presence of a woman?"


"Every morning, go through my schedule with me. I'm always early and I expect you to be earlier than me, prepare whatever you need because I got tendecies to ask a lot of questions. A cup of lemon water on my desk before I step into my office. No questions ask, do everything as I said. Accompany me go meetings when I requested. Understand?" He looked at her. His expression was grim and serious. She gritted her teeth and nodded slightly. "I'm sure you have a mouth. Answer me when I ask you something." "YES, SIR, anything else? GM Lee?" Both gaze were so intense. He broke away instantly. He shook his head and shooed her out.

 

CL's P.O.V

"I'm sure you have a mouth. I know professionalism is everything when it comes to work, but that is being sarcastic GM Lee. He's one sarcastic I have ever met. I'm really sorry but I really couldn't contain my anger. But come to think of it, don't you think he looks cool when he's serious? I mean with the suit and all. His almost perfection features, when he circled around me, I could smell his this fragrance which I can confirm it's not from his cologne or whatsoever, or should I say, his natural smell. WAIT, did I just sidetracked?"
 

That night, both of them worked extra hours because there's an urgent meeting the next morning and he assigned her to prepare the paperworks for tomorrow. Later on, a security guard entered their room. "Agasshi, you're still here?" he asked. "I'm working overtime today. Thanks to my boss." Both turned to look at him through the transparent glass wall. At that time, he looked up and their eyes met. She turned back fast. "I just want to tell you that the main door is faulty. I left it open because there were cases where the door couldn't be open after it was closed. Maybe you can tell that to your boss too & don't stay too late, since you know there's been a lot of spooky cases been going on here." he said. 

A while after he left, Soo Hyuk called her in. "Let's go through what you have prepared and the documents and we can go. Shut off all these lights. You are really wasting electricity." Said with such a straight face, she mimicked his facial expression behind his back. He was discussing with her when his phone made a sound. "Aish, low battery. Chaerin-sshi, do you have a charger?" She shook her head. "Can't believe this. Does your phone never been low in battery?" He shook his head in disbelief and walked out, approaching the employees' desks but failed to find any. "Ya, I'm gonna go up and try my luck." He walked out and... closed the door. Seconds later, she realized that she'd forgotten to tell him about the door. She rushed over, meanwhile Soo Hyuk was on his way down. She tried to pull open the door but unsuccessful. Through the transparent glass door, she saw the lift stopped, Soo Hyuk came out and was surprised. Her eyes widened, signalling to him that the door cannot be opened.

"Move aside. He banged his body against the door but it wouldn't open." Suddenly, the room went dark. There was disruption of electricity. He saw Chaerin on sitting on her ground, burying her face between her legs, scared of the sudden darkness she had to endure. He knocked on the glass door repeatedly, telling her to look at him. As he didn't bring his phone out, he shouted through the door hopefully she could hear.

"Did you hear what I say? Calm down. Call the security! You got his number right? Meanwhile, I'll try to break this door open. Don't be scared!" But his words were deemed useless as Chaerin refused to budged from there, still scared to even move an inch. "YA, SADAKO, what are you afraid of? I'm here. Go and take your phone and call the security! GO, you are gonna get from me after this when everything's fine. GO!" He noticed she was sobbing as she slowly got up and walked through the darken ness, towards her desk to fetch her phone. He kept banging his body against the door.

"Ya, did you manage to call him? Oi, hello my secretary? Answer me! Don't keep crying!" He shouted. "Ya, why are you always yelling at me. I'm scared and hearing your voice irritates me so much. I'm so scared now! He's on his way up now, HAPPY?!" She shouted, followed by a loud cry. He rolled his eyes yet he was relieved help was on the way, or at least another manpower to break open the door. The security guard came and apologized for the short circuit problem and a technician was fixing the wires. Soo Hyuk asked him help to break the door as there's someone inside. Soon with both of them consecutively banged the door, finally it broke open. "Ya, it's ok. I'm here." He stood in front of Chaerin, who was still sobbing. "Everything is fine." He assured her. Next thing he knew, she stood up and threw herself into his arms. 

 

Soo Hyuk's P.O.V

Honestly, I didn't expect that. I was too shocked, too shagged, too tired to figure out what just happened. Someone threw herself at me and what do you think my reaction will be? Such a timid, coward girl whom I think really need to get some punishments from me for being too scaredy cat and still could be angry at me at such times, does she ever use her brain at all? But, I'm kind of relieved that she's fine.