" It's Not Your Fault... "

The School For Dangerous Boys

Kyuhyun sat by the window in his cell, shaking his head and crying. He felt awful that he wasn't able to save every single boy from drowning a watery death.

Sungmin approached him quietly. He placed a hand on his dongsaeng's shoulder.

" Kyu? ", he called out gently.

Kyuhyun didn't respond or turn his head to face his hyung.

" Yah, Kyu. ", said Sungmin again.

" What? ", came a flat voice.

" Kyu, come on. You've done everything humanly possible. At least you tried your best-- "

" THAT WASN'T MY BEST! IF I WASN'T SO SLOW, I WOULD'VE SAVED EVERYONE! I FAILED, DON'T YOU SEE?! ", raged Kyuhyun as he punched the wall.

Sungmin jumped back in shock. Kyuhyun withdrew his shaking fist. He sank near the wall again.

" I failed. I've never failed anyone before. ", he whispered sadly.  " Even though I helped most of them, I didn't help all of them. I'm just another failure. "

Kyuhyun turned away and cried into his lap.

" LOOK, KYU! YOU'RE NOT A FAILURE! WHERE THE DID YOU GET SUCH A STUPID IDEA AS THAT, HUH?! ", shouted Sungmin in anger.  " LOOK, YOU TRIED YOUR BEST! IT'S BETTER THAN NOTHING! JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T SAVE ALL OF THE BOYS DOESN'T MAKE YOU A FAILURE! "

Kyuhyn just sniffled as a response. Sungmin cooled down a little and knelt next to his dongsaeng. He laid a gentle hand on his shoulder.

" Look, Kyu, you're not a failure, arasso? You gave it your best shot and saved most of us and that's all that matters. ", said Sungmin.

" I'm sorry, hyung. I'm sorry. ", murmured Kyuhyun over and over again as he laid his head on his hyung's chest.

" Hey, hey, it's okay. It's okay~ ", soothed Sungmin as he patted Kyuhyun's back.

Kyuhyun cried until he had no more tears left.

" Shhh~ ", shushed Sungmin.  " Are you alright now, Kyu? "

" I guess... " murmured Kyuhyun.

" Good. Now, come. Let's eat something. Siwon is offering us some food. ", said Sungmin as he pulled Kyuhyun towards the rest of the group who were eating and murmuring to themselves.