Chapter 9

My Only One

CHAPTER 9

NOBODY POV 

At the stands, the Queenkas, especially Hyemi were trying all sorts of method to get Sehun's attention. But they always failed sadly. Sehun ignored the Queenkas and kept sneeking peeks at Jiyeon. *Is she okay?* he thought while replaying the words Hyemi said just now. 

Just then Jiyeon turned to look at Sehun just in time to catch him staring. Sehun's eyes widened. Jiyeon didnt think much and simply gave a small smile before focusing back on the competition again. With Jiyeon's small action, Sehun felt his heartbeat speed up and his cheeks reddening a little. He shrugged it off thinking that the heat must have gotten to him. He fanned himself using his hand and gulped down a bottle of water hoping to calm himself down. At the side, Baekhyun saw everything and smirked to himself. *Guess our maknae is falling in love huh?* 

Back at the field, Soojung and Jieun were moniteering the guy's race. Jieun pulled Soojung along despite her protests and she had no choice but to give in. Soojung sat down and wiped off her sweat, she looked over at Jieun who was making weird hand signs. She followed the direction and saw that D.O was making similar weird handsigns, she immediately figured out that something was most probably going on between them. She even saw Jieun pinking alittle when D.O gave a wink. She was giving a D.O a pedo face and waiting for him to see it when she unexpectedly made eye contact with Kai who was in the lane next to D.O. 

Kai raised an eyebrow at Soojung's weird behaviour and face. Soojung stoned a little before realizing what was happening, her eyes widened and she shook her head to get out of her stoning mood. She leaned back down on the chair and crossed her arms, smoothly escaping Kai's eye contact and pretending as if nothing had happened. Kai raised his eyebrow once again before turning away and focusing on his race. Noticing from the corner of her eye that Kai had turned away, she turned back to face the race and gave herself a face palm for looking so stupid infront of her enemy, realising that now she's going to get made fun of. 

Jieun finished her 'conversation' with D.O and turned to look at Soojung who was face palming herself like a mad woman. She opened to say something but was cut off with the annoucement of the race starting, Soojung also looked up and stopped facepalming herself. "Ready, get set-" the race was started with the sound of a gunshot piercing through the air. 

After the guys's race finished, they headed towards the waiting tent. Kai unexpectally finished the race in first place and D.O didnt do that bad either he placed 5th out of the 8 runners which was already a wonder since he always placed last. Perhaps Jieun's cheers really did help him ((inserts pedo face)). The moment Kai reached the tent, he ignored everyone's congratulations and headed straight to Soojung. He walked over to where Soojung was sitting and stood infront of her. 

"Follow me, i have something to ask and say to you." Kai said and turned away walking away. Soojung simply sat there with her arms still crossed and showed no intend of following or even talking to her enemy. Kai stopped walking when he felt no one's pressence behind him. He turned and looked at Soojung straight in eye. Soojung daringly stared back unintentionly starting a staring contest. Kai started walking over to Soojung not breaking the eye contact at all. He then grabbed her wrist in one swift motion and walked off, dragging Soojung along despite her curses and attempts to shake his hand off. By this time, everyone's attention was already on the both of them. Everyone stared at them until they walked off and the murmurings started. 

Meanwhile with soojung gone, Jieun was now alone. She looked for something to do and took out her phone and started reading fanfics while waiting for Soojung to return and also so that she wont seem like a loner. She barely started reading when a pair of hands suddenly covered her eyes from the back. Jieun grew annoyed as she was at the of the fanfic and someone just had to disturb her. She turned around with her fiercest glare and ready to scold whoever was disturbing her.

"What are you think you are do-" her words were cut off when she realised who did that to her. 

"Were you that angry? Look at that frown on your face." D.O smiled as she smoothened Jieun's frown. By then Jieun's soul had already flew off and she was staring at D.O with opened which is her usual expression when she is stoning. 

"Ya, do you really have to stare at me like that, I will get shy you know." D.O said coyly while ruffling Jieun's hair. Jieun finally snapped out of it and returned to her senses. D.O plopped himself on the empty seat beside Jieun left by Soojung and swiftly took her phone and looked at what she was doing. 

"Kyungsoo-oppa! Return me my phone!" Jieun squealed as she reached out her hands trying to get back her phone from D.O despite the looks that some people were giving them. After awhile D.O returned the phone to Jieun and walked off after pinching Jieun's cheek. As he walked off he smiled to himself and people were looking at him like he was some sort of weirdo. Jieun scrolled through her phone history hurriedly and wondered what her Kyungsoo-oppa saw inside her phone. Sure, she didnt have anything illegal but she was still worried somehow. She saw that her last place visited in her phone was the contacts book and she scrolled through her contacts wondering what D.O could have done. After awhile of scrolling she finally reached the 'K' section and she saw one new contact. She read the contact name and smiled, blushing a little. Turns out that D.O actually added his own contact into her phone and even saved his name as 'Kyungsoo oppa' with endless emojis. He didnt forget to use her phone to give himself a miss call too so that he could have her phone number at the same time. Jieun shook her head at his cute action. 

Meanwhile at a isolated backgarden in the school, there was a tense atmosphere between Kai and Soojung. Coincedently this was also the garden where Kai helped Soojung. 

"What?" Soojung snapped after a long silence. She realised Kai had no intention of starting the conversation eventhough he was the one who wanted to talked so she had no choice but to start it instead. 

"Sorry for what i said yesterday, i didnt know anything back then." Kai said as he took out a lolipop offering Soojung. Soojung raised an eyebrow, first for his childish act and second as she was confused as to what he was apologizing for. Kai saw it and guessed what she meant. 

"The things i said about your father, im really sorry." Kai put down his pride and sincerely apologized for he knew just how much it hurt for someone to talk about your loved one that had passed away. Kai knew how Soojung felt, considering the fact that he lost his mother too. He shoved the lolipop into Soojung's hands and walked off. Soojung was still shocked with what she had just heard. Did her enemy just say sorry to her? Like seriously? She knew that Kai had already left so she looked at the lolipop in her hands. "Guess he still has a heart afterall" she muttered to herself softly with a slight smile on her face. 

*I hope she isnt sad about her father anymore* Kai thought to himself as he walked off. He still felt bad when he learned about Soojung's situation eventhough he had always hated her for her playgirl ways. He was walking back to the stands when he saw a bunch of people crowding around some people. He took a closer look and realised that it was Baekhyun, Eunji and Sehun. And the worst thing was Jiyeon was laying on the ground with her eyes closed looking like she fainted. Sehun was shaking Jiyeon's body trying to wake her up. She still didnt wake up after a few more shakes and Sehun finally decided to carry Jiyeon bridal style and headed straight to the medical office in their school. Hyemi and her friends were still shooting daggers at Jiyeon. 

"Wonder what happened." Kai muttered to himself.

==================================================================================================================

AUTHOR'S TIME

Hello!! Am back. Sorry for not updating for so long as i was lazy and had a huge writer's block. Also had my exams but am not going to use that as an excuse. Really sorry for the lack of updates. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter as i really had loads of fun writing it. Thanks to those who didnt unsubscribe and also those who subscribed. Please please continue to do so and give me more comments alright, they give me motivation to continue writing. Going to end her, thanks for taking your time to read hope you enjoyed it! :)

SIGNING OFF, 

Dreamz ✌