Chapter 6

My Only One

KAI POV

As usual , Baekhyun was showing off about his girlfriend, talking about how they kissed and so on. Honestly I dont really care, do they really think something so fragile like love will actually last? Such a joke. I walked off after seeing that even D.O was chatting up a girl. 

I left the table and walked towards the backgarden where I thought it was the most peaceful place in this corrupted school. I was walking when I suddenly heard some faint shouting. I took a step closer and heard the shouting got louder. It was between a girl and a boy apparently and they were probably together judging from what they were fighting about. I was about to turn and walk away when suddenly everything got quiet. I felt my heart beat faster for god knows what reason and I turned back finding the silence weird. I walked into the backgarden and thats when I saw a girl getting cornered by a guy. The guy's hand was lifted up and ready to hit the girl. With my gentleman instinct rushing in, I immediately ran over. I inserted myself in between the girl and the guy. Taking a closer look at the guy, I realised that he was Kim Jisung, a guy that Ive always disliked. I was still holding on to his hand which I unknowingly grabbed earlier. I flung it aside and told him to get lost. He scrumbled away, not forgetting to give the girl a look. 

I turned and looked at the girl, she had sunk down to the floor and from the way her shoulders shook, I could tell that she was crying. Her hair had covered her face and prevented me from being able to see her. I brought my hand forward to lift up her face but she actually slapped it away. I didnt give up and did it again finally managing to make her look up. I saw her face and almost immediately, my jaw dropped.

NOBODY POV

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" both Kai and Soojung shouted at each other at the same time while pointing their fingers and each other. Both of them unknowingly scanned each other from head to toe and finally ending it by rolling her eyes. 

Soojung had always disliked Kai. 

And Kai had always disliked Soojung. 

In Soojung's case, she disliked Kai simply because he was like a cold-hearted person. A guy with no feelings. He had basically rejected every single girl that confessed to him. No matter who they are or how popular they are, Kai would always reject that person in the face without an onuce of hesitation. Thus, among his Kingka group, he was often known as the cold hearted guy. And Soojung always felt that it was unreasonable to totally not give anyone a chance. Despite the playgirl she was, she still tried to love every single one of fhe people that she dated and gave them chances and not reject them directly. 

For Kai, the fact that Soojung was a playgirl simply pissed him off. He has never liked how she treats everyone like a toy, thus Kai thought that a girl like that probably isnt weak. But yet seeing the scene infront of him , made Kai want to comfort Soojung. He was just about to open his mouth and say some kind words when Soojung cut him off. 

"I didnt need your help." She scoffed and stood up while dusting off the dirt on her school uniform. Kai's kind thoughts from earlier were all killed. 

"Is that how you treat somemors that saved you from getting beatened up?!" Kai argued back. 

" I didnt even asked you to help me. It was you that was being the nosy one interfering with my buisness." Soojung said and stomped off. 

Kai simply stood there in amazement not understanding his thoughts about this annoying girl from earlier. He mentally slapped and facepalmed himself from having such thoughts.

SOOJUNG POV

*Can my day get any worser? Breaking up and meeting such an irritating guy. Does he really think he's all that simply cause he's popular?. Jinja.* I thought to myself and ran my fingers through my hair frustratedly. 

I was now walking back to the canteen to find my friends and tell them about everything that happened. I really needed to share this or I felt like I was going to explode. As soon as I returned to the canteen I scanned it hoping to find my friends. I saw Eunji at the kingka table but I knew I couldnt talk to her since she was with her boyfriend. I dragged my eyes along the table to find Jiyeon walking away with a irritated expression and a guy named Sehun if Im not wrong following after. I smirked knowing that Jiyeon probably really hated her partner. I returned my gaze to the kingka table in hopes that I would at least be able to find Jieun. 

I reached the end of the table and at there, I saw Jieun and the thing was, she wasnt alone, she was chatting happily with another guy, totally different from her usual shy self. I almost choked on my saliva when I saw them flirting with each other. I then saw Jieun whispering something to that guy's ear. 

JIEUN POV

I punched Kyungsoo on his arm lightly after he made a cold joke. Yea, he told me to call him Kyungsoo instead since Im his friend. I saw Sungbin staring at me from the corner of my eye and and I leaned in to Kyungsoo. 

"Kyungsoo, can you do me a favour?" I whispered into his ear. By this time, Sungbin was fuming and he stood up walking in the direction of Kyungsoo and I. 

"Of course, as long as you call me oppa" Kyungsoo said and smirked. I jokingly rolled my eyes and whispered to him once again.

"Kyungsoo-oppa, later when that guy walking here talks to me , can you pretend to be my boyfriend and help me get away from him?" I pointed towards Sungbin's direction. 

"You sure? We just knew each other today though" Kyungsoo-oppa said with doubt. 

I nodded my head firmly and Kyungsoo oppa smiled. Kyungsoo oppa and I continued talking and joking around. 

Suddenly someone's hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me from my seat causing me to stumble a little. I turned and saw that it was no other than Sungbin. He wanted to pull me away but was stopped by Kyungsoo oppa hands that grabbed my other wrist. Sungbin glared at Kyungsoo oppa but Kyungsoo oppa glared back, not caring about the stares that other people were giving him. 

"Let go of her." Sungbin demanded. 

Kyungsoo oppa smirked and said "She's mine now, so you let go." Kyungsoo oppa slapped Sungbin's hands away. 

Sungbin was shocked but managed to regain his calmness. He was about to say something when Kyungsoo oppa cut him off. 

"Well, so now, if you dont mind can you please move away, I want to send my girl back to class." Kyungsoo oppa said and slung his arm over my shoulder. 

I got a little startled by his action and smiled when I realised that he emphasised on the words 'my girl' to purposely spite Sungbin. Kyungsoo oppa then took my hand and pulled me away with him. He gave Sungbin a shove on the way and ignored all the looks people were giving him. 

I looked down at our tightly grabbed hands and looked back up and his petite figure that however gave me a sense of safety. I felt that my heart was beating faster and faster. 

*Am i taking this pretence a little too seriously?*

==================================================================================================================

AUTHOR'S TIME

HIII, hope you guys like this update. Thanks for reading :). Again sorry for all mistakes in grammar and all. Sorry if this is short or boring too :). Anyways, thanks for all the comments, subscribers and upvotes. Really really appreciate them. Please continue to do so! If you are still reading till here, iloveyou. Have an awesome day :)

SIGNING OFF,

Dreamz ✌