Chapter 06

Stalker

 

06

      Sitting on an hospital bed, Minwoo could only watch the leader path in front of him.

Eric had drove to the hospital after picking him up in the middle of nowhere, and had left the main dancer no other choice than get a check up. Minwoo had no real objection doing so, even if he would have rather go back home and sleep; he knew it was the best to do after being attacked, drugged and abandoned in the countryside by his stalker.

But he was feeling stupid sitting on this bed. Because he knew he should not have let the situation last and should have talk to his friends. Hence, he was feeling pretty bad now Eric had found out about it in such way.

Worrying others was always something the main dancer was trying to avoid; as any other Shinhwa members. But even if they were all claiming they would be there for each other, each one of them were too proud to actually talk about eventual problems.

"Just sit down !" He eventually growled at the leader who whipped his head around and stared at him. "You're making me dizzy." He added, which seemed enough to get the older man on a chair.

"What are they doing ? They don't need hours to read a medical report. I'm sure they already know if anything else happened to you besides being drugged. I can't believe something like that happened. Why the hell didn't you tell us about this bastard ? Gosh Minwoo do you realize how dangerous such guy could be ?"

Minwoo was once again watching the leader path in front of him after sitting for only a second on a chair. The main dancer could have sigh, but he restrained himself and just let his friend voice his feelings. He knew the leader was just worried about him, and blaming himself for being fooled by this text the main dancer's stalker had sent to him.

But hearing the reproach in the older man's voice made Minwoo feel like it was all his fault, the guilt something inhabiting at the pit of his stomach since Eric knew everything.

      After another fifteen minutes, a nurse eventually knocked on the door and told them a doctor would be there soon. Minwoo and Eric were not sure what kind of definition the hospital staff could have of soon; but when the doctor only showed up thirty-five minutes later they had a pretty good idea.

"Well, Lee Minwoo, right ?" Minwoo nodded at the man looking through some papers. "Your blood test results will be ready tomorrow, but we can tell you already you were chloroformed. You must have feel nauseous with a pronounced headache. But don't worry, it'll pass." He turned a page and added. "We didn't notice any kind of injury on your body, and so far you looks okay. Can you reminds me what happened already ?"

Minwoo glanced at Eric then up at the doctor before swallowing and answering. "Hum I was assaulted in my car."

"Did you report it to the police ?" Asked the doctor.

Glancing up at Eric, Minwoo could not help fidget on the bed in discomfort; because he was feeling so stupid for letting the situation worsen so badly.

"Hum, not yet but I will." He mumbled the last part, which gained him a glare from the leader.

"We'll go tomorrow. As soon as he feels better." Butted in the rapper, and Minwoo glared at him but did not argue.

"Alright. It's a pretty serious affair, you've to act quickly. This person can't get away with this. Who knows what could have happen."

"Indeed. Who knows what he could have do to him." Agreed the leader with a pointed look towards the main dancer who avoided his gaze in annoyance and guilt.

"Well. We should be glad nothing too bad happened, and we'll contact you when your blood test results are ready."

"Can I go now ?" Asked Minwoo with anticipation, and the doctor smiled.

"Yes, you can go."

"You're sure he's alright ?" Asked Eric with a step closer.

"Yes. Rest would do him only good so I suggest to just go home, lie down and sleep. I know who you are" He added before offering a small smile. "And I hope you'll rest before resuming whatever you have to do. If you could take tomorrow would be good too. But I know you certainly won't."

Minwoo looked down and grabbed his jacket he put on before getting off the bed. "I've to work on the album." He stated stubbornly, before smiling to the man. "I'll be careful, don't worry."

The doctor sent him a concerned look before swallowing a sigh. "I guess I'll have to trust you." Minwoo smiled some more and shook the man's hand.

"Thank you doctor. Goodbye."

"Goodbye." He greeted back before shaking Eric's hand. "Don't let him strain himself too much." He smiled to the leader who grinned softly.

"I'll try doctor. But I can't promise you anything."

The man smiled. "I know. Have a good evening."

"You too doctor. Goodbye."

"Goodbye."

***

      "Your doctor said you had to rest."

"I will. I just need a shower."

"It can wait later."

"No !" Minwoo stepped inside his bathroom and shut the door in Eric's face.

Said man sighed in defeat and annoyance before heading out of the bedroom. "I'll be in the kitchen if you're hungry."

"I'm fine." He answered to the leader's irritation.

Eventually alone for the time being, Minwoo released a deep breath before leaning against the door. His legs were suddenly weak and shivers crossing his body repeatedly. He did not know if it was the drug, but he wanted to believe it was; because he was not that weak to still feel that sensitive about what had happened.

He was alright after all, and he should just forget about it and man up.

Shutting his eyes, he rubbed them and forced the tears away. Crying was not something he wanted to do. It would mean this bastard had gotten to him, and there was no way he would let him win so easily.

Sighing, he pushed himself off the door and stepped in front of the mirror. He did not like much his reflect, and for once in his life he could not bear look at himself. He was not sure why he felt so angry and disgusted, but this need to punch himself in the face was strong.

Hence, he looked away and stepped towards the shower before turning the water on. It was mostly hot and the stream engulfing the bathroom helped him relax even before stepping under the jet of water.

He was out of the bathroom after too much time in Eric's opinion. The leader had felt pretty bored on the couch and even thought he would kick open the bathroom door to get his friend out himself. But he was more civilized than that and when Minwoo needed some alone time it was better to let him be.

The main dancer usually loved to be surrounded, so Eric could only feel concerned about the younger man when he wanted to be alone. It could only mean he was not feeling that great and had no real intentions to share his worries.

Eric could understand, he was exactly the same. But gosh it was annoying to know your friend was not alright but could not do anything because he did not want to speak.

"You're planning to go back to work at some point ?" Came the teasing voice of Minwoo, which snapped the leader out of his boredom.

"I thought you were supposed to rest." He answered with his head balanced backward against the couch back to look at the shorter man coming closer.

"I will." He answered, sitting on the couch beside the taller man. "You're staying a bit ?" He asked then.

Eric noticed the plea and fear in Minwoo's eyes, hence he sat comfortably and grinned. "Yeah, why not. I cooked diner, the least I could do is to taste it, don't you think ?"

The main dancer shared the smile with the leader and relaxed visibly; as if he was dreading to be alone in his own apartment.

Eric decided to overlook this and turned up the TV's sound to enjoy the show airing.

 

***

 

      It was barely nine in the morning and Minwoo was already in the recording studio, working. Eric had tried to get him back in bed and take one more day of rest, but the younger man was stubborn and even the leader of Shinhwa could not change his mind.

But God knows he had tried.

They had almost fought over the little issue, but in the end Eric had decided to just follow the main dancer at the company to keep an eye on him and be sure he was not straining himself too much.

As the CEO and leader of Shinhwa, Eric knew how important it was to keep working on the album; but after what had happened he would have rather know Minwoo was resting at home.

Thinking back about the look in his friend's eyes when he wanted the younger man to stay at home made him wonder why Minwoo looked so scared to be alone in his own house. Eric could not help think there was something more than what the main dancer had said, but for the time being he rather wait for the younger man to open up than rush him.

But Eric's concern was far from decreasing for the time being. Not when one of his brother was in trouble.

"Remember we've to go to the police later ?"

Minwoo did not seem to appreciate the reminder, and the look in his eyes was enough for Eric to know he would have to force the main dancer to report what had happened.

"Maybe tomorrow. I've to work yet."

Eric sat beside him with a stern expression and stared at his friend who purposely avoided looking at him.

"Minwoo !" He called lowly, but said man ignored him to focus on his music. "You can't let this go. You've to report it."

"I know." He growled back in annoyance and wave of his hand; as if Eric was a disturbing bug. "I'll do it later."

Eric had to grit his teeth to not yell at his friend and drag him out of the recording studio.

"You said you'll do it today."

Minwoo eventually stopped what he was doing to glare at the leader. "I've work today." He snapped back. "So I'll do it tomorrow. If you let me work at least" He growled back while turning back to the panel control.

Staring at the main dancer, Eric pondered his options, and instead of losing patience with his friend; he decided to let him be for today then stood up.

"Fine. But you better go tomorrow or I'll drag your myself."

"Fine." He muttered back with a wave of his hand.

Sighing, Eric let his shoulders fall forward before heading out of the room for a well deserved cigarette break. Minwoo had annoyed him and he knew the only thing able to relax him quickly was a cigarette. It was either smoke or get mad at a random friend; hence the leader rather isolate himself for a smoke than get in a fight with someone.

 

      Minwoo could not help sigh and rub his forehead once the leader was gone. He did not want to get mad at the older man for something he knew he was right; but the most he was thinking about what had happened and the fact he had to report it, the least he wanted to do it.

He was over thinking what had happened, and could not help think it was not that bad in the end.

Of course, he knew it was worrisome enough like that; but going to the police felt like a waste of time to him. He knew they would not be able to do much, because Minwoo himself did not know much. There was just these letters in his apartment and messages on his phone he had erased all traces of.

So he knew, he knew the police would not be that helpful even if he was reporting what had happened.

The most they could do would be to investigate, but even doing so Minwoo knew nothing much would come out of it.

But it did not cost anything to try; excepted some precious time.

Sighing again, Minwoo felt a headache assault him at his overwhelming thoughts. He did not like to be so concerned about a single issue, and the past months were filled by an only, permanent worry; this stalker of his.

Forcing his mind away from any kind of troubles, he focused back on his work and quickly lost himself into it.

 

***

 

      Eric could not deny he was proud when he eventually managed to drag Minwoo to the police station before going to work. After their almost fight the previous day in the recording studio, the leader could not be more relieved his younger friend had came back to his senses.

It was not like Eric had left a choice to the main dancer anyway. It was either come with him at the police station or be dumped in the middle of the road on their way to work.

Minwoo had quickly made up his mind; which was explaining why he was quite upset after the older man beside him.

Eric could not mind less the shorter man's resentment, because reporting the attack was the best to do; and they both knew it, even if Minwoo wanted to deny it.

"Can we go now ?" Snapped the main dancer once in Eric's car after an hour and a half at the police station.

Sighing silently, the leader started the car and fastened his seatbelt.

"You want a coffee ?" He asked, wanting to appease the shorter man.

Glancing up at the rapper, Minwoo could not help soften at the offer. "You're paying ?" He shot back like a sulking child to which Eric grinned.

"Yeah. I'm even offering cookies with it."

Smiling, Minwoo was quick to forget his annoyance and accept a so appealing offer. The leader could not help smile in satisfaction at the childish reaction of the thirty-five years old man beside him. Sometimes Minwoo was worst than him, and everyone knew Eric Mun could be the most immature and childish one.

 

***

 

      Minwoo would have stayed at Andy's place if the younger man had not started to ask so many questions about the why of his prolonged stay at his house.

Eric had not talked about what had happened and wanted Minwoo to do it; but the main dancer had no intention to share the issue yet. Not before the comeback was done and promotion over, then maybe once the concert would be done and nothing much would be scheduled he would talk to the others.

But not yet.

On his way back to his apartment, Minwoo had to admit Andy was not totally wrong and he should go back home at some point. He could not borrow the younger man's clothes forever and needed his stuffs. Maybe he should have pack some when at his house after the assault, but he had forgotten and just headed to work in hope to get his mind elsewhere.

But now, he could only regret not thinking before hand about his future stay at his friends' places.

Eric had tried to pry some information out of the main dancer, but Minwoo was far from ready to tell the older man how far his stalker had gone. He did not want to let his friend know he had let the situation worsen and done nothing about it; even after finding dead animals at his door.

He knew he should have react at this point, but he was so shocked about the all situation and following phone call that he just wanted to get away from his place and this crazy man to forget about it. He knew it was not the best to do, but he had no idea what to do else at the time.

Not that he knew how to react now, but at least he knew it was stupid to ignore the situation.

He was glad Eric knew about it and was here for him, but after a couple of weeks it was just not possible to stay at the man's apartment anymore. It was either kill the leader or find another place to stay, and Minwoo had rather stay over at Andy's than do something he would regret all his life.

Eric was still bugging him about the reasons he had to avoid his own apartment, but the main dancer always had these same vague answers about the after effect of the assault and his need to be with someone. The leader was not naïve, but he did not want to doubt the younger man either.

Such excuses could last a while with the leader, but with Andy it was something else.

Minwoo could not claim forever the younger man was living closer to the company, and he could even less find plausible lie about the why he did not want to go back at his place to get some stuffs. If only Andy knew he was just scared to be alone in his apartment.

But there was no way Minwoo could tell to his younger about such thing. Not yet at least.

      The apartment felt foreign when Minwoo stepped inside. He could not tell per say for how long he had not put a foot inside his own house, but he knew it was too long when a musty smell came to his nose.

Grimacing, he stepped further inside his house and felt this shiver run up his spine to find himself alone in a place he knew he was not safe anymore.

Maybe he should have call Eric, but his friend would have annoyed the life out of him if he had done so.

Jerking his head curtly, Minwoo scolded himself mentally and forced his mind to focus on something else than this irrational panic.

It was not like someone had waited for him for weeks in an empty apartment; so he had no reason to worry.

Even if he felt crept out in his own apartment.

      Swallowing a shaky sigh, he made his way through his house and headed towards the bedroom. He wanted to be out of here as soon as possible, so once in his room he packed everything he needed and headed out of the room.

He hesitate a second at the door, remembering the letters he was supposed to bring to the police and had not found time to do so. Nor really wanted either. It was not like it would change anything. The police already had the first letters he had received when all this had started.

These ones would not make a difference if the cops had not found anything with the ones they already had. But it would not hurt either to bring them to the police station.

At least he would be ride of them.

So, should he give them to the police on his way back ?

Why not.

Going back on his steps he opened his dressing and picked up the box in which all the letters were before heading to the leaving room.

Taking a couple more stuffs he needed, his gaze suddenly caught something on the coffee table. His blood ran cold in his veins at the sight, and taking a step closer, he picked up the little paper.

You broke the rules. Following this single, frightening sentence was a link Minwoo was not sure he wanted to look up or not; but the last words did not leave him most of a choice. You better watch it.

Swallowing the monstrous lump in his throat, he walked on shaky legs and sat on the couch before taking his laptop out of his bag. Once the computer on the coffee table, he turned it on and waited for it to load.

Minwoo's mind was not really there as he typed the link and waited for the website to appear. He had no idea what would show up, but he was fearing it nonetheless. He knew anything could be expected from this crazy man.

His hands were trembling, and pressing them together, it did nothing much to appease his uncontrolled reaction; but it was still that.

He hated how anxious he was, but the emotion was quickly forgotten when something horrible appeared on the screen and almost made him throw up.

He watched, frozen in place; until a single, tormenting sentence appeared on the screen and made him feel like shooting himself.

It's your doings.



Thank you to everyone for reading and commenting ^^

 

 

And on another note... T.T I miss Shinhwa so much. I know they should comeback next year... but I hope I'll have my usual dose of Minwoo meanwhile.

I miss them !!!

I can't rewatch their shows and lives forever... and I would love so much to have some dance performance from Minwoo. The fancams of his concerts are just not enough and I'll love so much to watch one of his great dance performance. 

Anyway.

I'll wait patiently and I'm really happy their final concert in Seoul from 2013 is finally gonna be out. It's gonna be expensive... but for them I can do it ^^ I want to support them and see them on stage for as long as possible.

So I don't mind spending money on them (even if I can't buy everything; and this concert is gonna be the first Shinhwa thing I'm gonna buy, youhou !)

I wanted Minwoo's concert dvd... but I'll have to see if I can later. Or I'll just have to wait for it to be on internet or something.

 

Well, I'll leave you here and sorry for babbling so much ^^

 

To next time !