Chapter 11

Stalker

 

11

      The sky was clearing and the temperature gaining some degrees. There was different puddles of water stewing the ground, the wind engulfing itself in the little backstreet forcing several shivers up Minwoo's spine.

The main dancer was already despising being there, and the weather was not helping his mood.

Not only he was far from reassured to be outside on his own in such place, but to top it all it was to buy drug.

He did not want to, but the withdrawal was becoming too much to handle and he needed his fix. He had tried to fight it, but it was just impossible at this point. Not after taking shots twice a day for the past three days.

This bastard of a stalker of his had just made him a ing junkie, and he was not sure who he was hating the most about it. It should be this man doing this to him, but Minwoo could not help despise himself for falling so low and being so weak.

But what else could he do ? He could ask help from no one, and his only option was to appease this pain assaulting him when in the middle of a withdrawal.

He did not want to be like this; he did not want to be on his way to meet with some drug dealer at a corner of a back alley. But it was exactly what he was doing and he could not even find other option than this.

      Pushing his hands some more in his jacket's pockets, he prayed the hat, sunglasses and rather loose clothes would be enough of a disguise. He did not want to be recognized, and even less by the person who was about to sell him his fix.

How he hated himself for what he was doing.

      The alley was empty and worriedly quiet, which were two things Minwoo despised and feared the most since this madness had taken a turn for the worse. He was expecting to be jumped at any moment to wake up at some familiar place after being abandoned by his stalker.

This man was really haunting him; even when he was not showing up for days.

Minwoo could not stop think about him and dread the man's next attack.

"Hey !" The voice calling out from his left made him turn around sharply and stare at the guy walking to him. "You're lookin' for somethin' ?"

The main dancer could not help notice the guy had quite a good fashion, but it was no place to contemplate such thing. Not when he was about to buy drug.

The consequences of such act were on repeat in his mind; but no matter how bad it could be if he was caught, he needed his shot.

"Huh" Staring up at the dealer, Minwoo felt stupid and dirty.

He hated the look in the guy's eyes, and straightening his back he gained back his natural confidence to ask what he wanted.

"What's this ?" Scoffed the dealer when he looked at the glass vial Minwoo had just handed him.

"I want this." He shot back, shivering once again at a burst of cold wind.

The guy looked up at him with an unnerving grin before saying. "Yeah ? You've got the money for it ?"

Minwoo wanted to punch the bastard in the face; but instead he took out the money from his pocket and showed it to the guy.

"Uh, huh !" He snapped, taking the cash out of reach. "Show me the product first !"

The guy smirked then eyed him. It made the main dancer feel smaller than he was and really stupid; but he disregarded the feeling to glare at the dealer through his sunglasses.

"You pay first. Then I'll take you where the goods are."

"No !"

He was maybe not used to buy drugs at the corner of a back alley way, but he was not stupid either. This guy could ed him up as wanted if he was giving him the money first, and the last thing Minwoo wanted was to look again for another dealer in some smelling alley.

He was too tired to do so, and he needed his ing fix.

"Then we don't have a deal." The dealer turned his back at him and started walking away.

Everything went really fast in Minwoo's head when the perspective the only person able to give him what he wanted was about to disappear. He had only a fraction of second to make up his mind, and catching up with the guy quickly, he grabbed his jacket and forced him to turn around.

"Okay, okay. Here !" He said, slapping the money in the dealer's hand. "Now give it to me."

He sounded desperate, and the dealer apparently noticed considering the sly smirk on his face.

"Follow me !" He pushed the money in his pants pocket and started to walk away.

Minwoo stared in astonishment for a second then followed the guy through the alley. They walked for barely a minute and stopped at a door. The main dancer eyed it warily, before the guy's voice snapped him out of his contemplation.

"Here it is !" He chanted proudly.

Looking up at the guy, Minwoo stared and said. "Where're the goods ?"

Sighing in exasperation at the lack of positive response from his client, the dealer yanked open the door, stepped through it and came back with something in hand.

"Here !" He snapped, now annoyed.

Minwoo stared at the little glass vials in the man's hand, the sight hypnotizing him for a moment.

He felt attracted and repulsed by it at the same time. Such contradictory thoughts were maddening and hurting like a ; hence he quickly snapped back to reality and grabbed his goods to eventually walk away.

"It was a pleasure doing business with you."

The taunting, unnerving voice in the main dancer's back flared him up; but he decided to ignore it to quickly get out of here and go back home.

He desperately needed a shot, and if his hands were not stopping from trembling he was not sure he would be able to drive.

 

***

 

      Working on music had always been his passion. He was always losing himself into it and forgetting about everything else.

But not today.

Minwoo had felt like killing himself confined in his apartment as he was; and gathering his courage he had decided to just go to the recording studio at Shinhwa company to work a bit.

He could have do it from his place; but he could not stand his apartment anymore and needed to get out.

But things were not going as planned.

He could not focus nor even come up with something acceptable. Everything he had tried was a mess and cringe worthy.

It had slowly but surely annoyed him, and instead of relaxing as he had intended by coming at Shinhwa Co, he was getting stressed and angry. He hated how quickly he was losing his temper lately, and even if he knew why, it was still pretty much unnerving.

"Oh, Minwoo ?"

The sudden voice at the door startled him and made him panic.

He had thought Hyesung was at a photoshoot today and the studio would be empty. Most of the staffs were not working on Sunday and the main singer should not be there.

Minwoo did not know what to do or think; because it felt like decades he had not met with anyone, and he was sure his overall appearance was far from appealing or reassuring.

"What are you doing here ? How have you been man ? It's been a while now where were you ?"

Hyesung sounded cheerful as he stepped closer to the main dancer to sit beside him. But then he took a real look at the shorter man and frowned.

"Gosh Minwoo what the hell happened to you ? Are you alright ?"

"Huh, yeah fine."

"You don't looks fine at all. Are you eating ? You looks pale and gosh, what with your hair ? I thought short hair were the trend."

Minwoo quickly felt a headache form, and the growing annoyance worried him about the reaction he could have at his friend's questioning. Hyesung was concerned enough like this to lose his temper in front of him; but God it was hard to stay calm.

"Don't be so loud." He complained with a massage of his eyes. "My head hurts."

"Are you sick ?"

Glancing at Hyesung now sitting on the chair beside him, Minwoo pondered his answer before settling on a lie.

"I guess."

"What the hell are you doing here then ? You should be resting at home."

The main singer's hand on him was painful and disagreeable on his sore body; but the main dancer just gritted his teeth as his friend grabbed his shoulder to turn him around.

"I couldn't stand staying there anymore." Hyesung must have heard the disgust in his voice, but he did not care.

He was suddenly feeling too tired to care about anything; even the fact one of his group member was seeing him in such miserable state.

Hyesung stared at Minwoo for a spreading second, the main dancer's words and behavior one he could not recognize but worried about.

"What's going on, Min ? Something happened ?"

Minwoo almost scoffed at the question, because ; how more ironic it could be ?

"Nothing in your concern." He snapped back, turning his chair back to face the control panel. "What are you doing here anyway ? I thought you'd a photoshoot."

Hyesung stared at him in almost shock before answering. "It was cut short. One of the photographer's staff went into labor and we didn't have a choice but postpone the photoshoot to Tuesday."

Holding his head up with a hand, Minwoo glanced up at his friend and said. "Why was she working to begin with ?"

"She's only six months pregnant it shouldn't have happen."

"Oh." Minwoo did not have anything else to answer, because he felt stupid to be such a jerk to a woman he did not even know.

A long silence passed, then Hyesung decided to talk; again. "Minwoo ?" His voice was soft, and it annoyed the main dancer.

"What ?"

The main singer was barely fazed by his harsh answer and continued. "You're sure everything alright ? You looks like ."

Minwoo scoffed then glanced at his friend. "No Sherlock."

"What the hell's wrong with you ? You were never like this before."

Minwoo could not stand it anymore, and with a loud sigh he stood up, sent a glare at Hyesung and grabbed his jacket before walking away.

"Where are you going ?"

"Home ! You gave me a headache." He shot back before opening the studio's door.

"But"

"See ya !"

Minwoo did not waste any more time and flew the room then company. He did not want to see anyone, and even less be seen.

He could not help resent Hyesung for being there when he was not supposed to. Minwoo had planned so thoughtfully when to come at the studio; he had checked the others' schedules and settled on a day he knew no one would be around.

But here had appeared Hyesung.

The main singer was always showing up at the worst times.



As promised, here's chapter 11 =)

So, how was it ? I hope you enjoyed it.

I'll certainly update this weekend, so look forward to next chapter ^^

I can't say anything about it, but, some things will... happen, yeah xD

 

Thank to you readers, commenters and subscribers =D

To next time !