Chapter 13

Stalker

 

13

      "What do you mean he disappeared ? What happened ?"

Youngmi bit her lip then looked at the nurse and doctor. "I was on my way to see him, but he was gone. They said he was there last time they checked on him."

"When was it ?" Asked Eric in a lot more composed manner.

"Hum This morning around ten. We needed to change his bandage, and he was fine. I swear." Answered a female nurse.

The woman looked so guilty that Eric did not even had the heart to blame her. Unlike Youngmi who seemed to resent the staff pretty much.

"Do you have an idea where he could be ?" Asked the leader then noticed the look crossing the doctor's gaze. "What is it doctor ?" He pressed, feeling the man was keeping something from them.

"Huh it's just I shouldn't be telling you this, but it's not a usual situation, so"

"What is it, doctor ?" Repeated Eric who was slowly losing patience.

Minwoo was gone and this man was wasting maybe precious time.

"Hum I told him the police would come today for the investigation."

Eric frowned and asked. "So what ?"

The doctor looked up at him and stared, a sympathetic look forming on his face. "Your friend's been doing drugs, mister Mun. He's on drugs and certainly ran away because of that."

"What ?" Eric's eyes had never widened so much before in his life, and Youngmi looked as shocked as him, if not angry.

"You're lying !" She snapped, refusing to believe this.

"Miss Lee I've the blood test results to prove my words. Minwoo's on drugs and even refused my help. We did what we could to appease him since he woke up, but I can only presume he feared the police could find out about it."

"What are we gonna do ?" She panicked, her small hands passing in her long hair. "What am I gonna say to mom and dad ? Oh God"

Eric saw tears in her eyes, and having no answer to her questions, he could only pull her closer for a comforting and supporting hug.

She hid her face against his chest and sobbed silently, the sudden news about Minwoo one they could not believe nor accept.

Because it was not possible.

***

      "What'll happen now ?" Asked Youngmi now they were sitting outside of the hospital.

Eric glanced at her then sighed. "Don't worry, we'll find him. He can't be far, and I'm sure he's alright."

"But Did you know he was using ?" She asked, looking up at him with tears in her eyes.

"No, I didn't. If I'd knew" He said, trailing off.

"What's gonna happen to him ? People can't find out about this."

"Don't worry, our company's gonna take care of this. Our lawyers and representatives are on their way. They won't let anything bad happen to Minwoo."

"I'm so scared Eric." She confessed then sniffled. "I should have know something was wrong with him. He was never one to behave like this before but I thought I just thought he was tired. I didn't know I didn't know something so bad was going on."

"You talked to him ?" Questioned the leader.

"Over the phone. We were supposed to eat together after my comeback from China but he didn't show up. He said he had forgotten. If I'd knew." She scoffed bitterly.

"You couldn't know."

"He said he wasn't feeling well that he needed to rest." She looked up at Eric and asked. "Do you think I should have try harder ? That I should have go to his place even if he didn't want me to ?"

"You couldn't know, Youngmi." He comforted her with an arm wrapping around her shoulders. "Minwoo was always pretty good at hiding his troubles even us didn't know before it was too late about this issue he had with money. Minwoo's like this. He rather deal with it on his own than ask for help."

"He's just an idiot." She sniffled back and Eric smiled.

"I already bought him walnuts for Christmas I can't do anything more." He joked and Youngmi chuckled before glancing up at the leader.

"What do you mean Ah, yeah. I remember. He was really mad at you for giving him this nickname. But I guess he got used to it in the end."

They both chuckled softly at this, before the worry was back.

"I hope he's alright." She said lowly, her emotions clear in her voice.

Eric did not answer anything and just rubbed her arm in comforting support. He was hoping too his friend was alright, because he did not know at all what he would do if something bad had happened to Minwoo.

 

***

 

      The small, gloomy room was cold and deprived from any kind of comfort. Minwoo gained back consciousness on the hard, humid floor with pain flashing through his body. He was still badly bruised from the accident, and his leg should not be moving so soon.

Fortunately, the brace was still there, holding his limb in place and preventing him too much pain.

But he was still suffering.

With a groan, he cracked open his eyes and stared at the dark brown ceiling above him, the cracks in the rock something mesmerizing for some passing seconds.

He was utterly confused by his sudden localization and could not remember coming here before in his life.

He needed another moment to realize he was nowhere he knew and no window was offering a sight outside. The confinement of the room panicked him, and jolting awake, he sat up too abruptly for his bruised body.

Hissing in pain, he doubled forward and gritted his teeth with wary glances sent all around him.

Four, dirty looking and humid walls were surrounding him; the heavy looking door on his left something he was sure he had no chance to open in his state.

It did not prevent him to try though, and when he was finally able to push himself on his feet; he crashed against the cold metal and pulled on the handle. The door did not budge and only produced a loud echo through the place he was kept at.

Hitting the metal in growing panic, he completely ignored the pain coursing through his body and started calling out for help.

No answer came, and soon he had to admit he was trapped in this small room with absolutely no way out.

What was he supposed to do in such situation ? There was no one around to hear him and he had no way to contact anyone.

A ball of terror formed in his stomach at the thought he would die in this room and would never be found. What would happen to his family if he was dying here ? What about Shinhwa and his friends ? What would happen if he was kept here forever and left to rot ?

He did not want to think about it, and with a shaky breath he limped back against a wall where he slid down to sit.

"It's okay" He whispered to himself, but his trembling hands were telling otherwise.

And this time it had nothing to do with the withdrawal. He was just terrified out of his mind.

"It's gonna be okay." He told himself then pressed his fists against his mouth to try to control this panic and these trembles shaking his body.

 

***

 

      Eric had looked everywhere for Minwoo, but had found nothing. He now had no idea where his friend could be.

What if something had happened ?

The leader did not want to believe what the doctor had said. Minwoo could no be doing drugs, and even if he was; he would not have run away like this. The main dancer was not like this.

Or was he ?

Eric did not know anymore. It was like Minwoo had completely changed lately. The younger man was never one to avoid people, nor run away from Eric like he did. The CEO had been more than shocked when the dancer had rushed pass him as if he wanted to escape him no matter what.

What the hell was wrong with Minwoo ? Did it have anything to do with this man stalking him ? It could be an explanation; but why not talk about it with the members ? Minwoo was maybe a proud secretive man when in trouble; but he was not stupid.

The main dancer would never have let something like that go so far, and he would have ask for help if things had became too dear.

But what if he could not ? What if Minwoo had a reason to keep everyone away ?

Eric did not know, and the headache pounding in his head did not help his intense thinking.

Maybe he should not have drink so much with so little sleep; but it was too tempting when coming back at his place with absolutely no news about his friend. And this drug's story was not helping either.

Everything was too worrying and Eric needed something to relax.

But now he could only hate the empty beer bottles on his coffee table. Because his head was hurting like a .

Where the hell are you Minwoo ?

As if suddenly by lightning, the leader sat up in the couch and thought really quickly. Feeling a renew of hope, he stood up hurriedly and rushed to the front door where he put his shoes on then jacket before exiting his apartment.

Minwoo must have some kind of proof at his house about this person stalking him. The main dancer had not told him everything, but Eric was not stupid and knew how such case was working most of the time.

There must have something at Minwoo's place, besides these letters the younger man had brought to the police after the assault in the parking lot.

It had to be there.

 

      It was anxiously quiet when the leader entered the main dancer's apartment; and he was not sure what made him feel so nervous. But the feeling was there.

He suddenly understood better why Minwoo did not want to be at home anymore. The atmosphere in the apartment was strange, worrying.

Maybe because it was plunged into darkness, but even after turning on the lights Eric did not feel more reassured.

However, he did not waste time on his emotions and just started to search Minwoo's place. He was not sure what he was looking for; but he knew there was something.

Stalkers were always sending stuffs to their victims, and the main dancer's case could not be that different.

Entering the bedroom, he began to look around before eventually finding a box at the back of the dressing. He was not sure there was anything interesting inside, but it could not hurt to take a look.

The box was full of letters, some opened, others not; and the sight sent a shiver up Eric's spine. Maybe because he knew on these papers words from a dangerous man were written. Or because it was what had tormented Minwoo for so long.

A sudden wave of annoyance coursed through his body at the thought Minwoo was supposed to bring these letters to the police last time.

Why didn't you Minwoo ? You idiot.

Picking a letter randomly, what he read inside only added to this discomfort he was feeling.

~~~

You know I hate it when you ignores me.

You shouldn't try me so much. I can hurt you more than you'll ever expect.

Don't think you're safe with these friends of yours. I'll always find you. You can't escape me.

Should I show you how serious I am ?

You opened my package though. You can't not be aware of what I'm capable of.

Are you trying me then ? Do you really want to know how far I can go ?

I'll make you regret breaking the rules.

~~~

The letters was one Minwoo had certainly read, because it was already opened when he picked it.

Eric could only feel scared for his friend after reading this. How Minwoo could keep this for himself ? Why not come to them for help ? Was it because of these rules the letter was talking about ?

Restraining a shiver, he choose another letter and read it. This one was not opened, but it was similar to the previous one. Excepted words of hatred were added to this one.

After the fourth, the leader did not want to read anymore and just shut the box before standing up with it in hand. The police would be able to work with this; and maybe find Minwoo and the person stalking him.

They had to find them, because Eric was sure this person was the reason behind the dancer's disappearance. It could not be a coincidence, not with this amount of threatening letters and God knows what else.

Stepping out of the bedroom, he headed to the front door immediately.

Holding the box with one hand, he reached with the free one for the handle; but he did not have time to grab it that a strong arm wrapped around his neck and yanked him away from the door.

He did not have the time to fight back as the box fell on the floor and distracted for a second too long. The man behind him was quick and strong, and before Eric could do or think anything there was something cold injected in his neck.

 

Then nothing.

 

***

 

      He could not do it he needed to get out. He needed to get his shot and make the pain stop. It was unbearable and he needed to get out !

"Open the door !" He shouted, hitting the door with his fist and trying to keep his balance with his hurt leg. "Open it ! I need to get out. You can't leave me here. Let me out !"

His screams and pleas were useless, and after several minutes he was exhausted and unable to stay on his feet anymore. Therefore, he sat against the door, panting and sweating with shivers assaulting his body.

"Please" He plead lowly in desperation. "Don't leave me here"

He was feeling like crying, and the salty liquid was blurring his vision in no time. He could not even care about being so weak, the lump in his throat so painful that he could barely swallow.

"" He cried out, falling down on the ground with his head between his arms.

He was so hopeless and desperate, but completely deprived from any control or way to appease his suffers. It was maddening and torturing; and the raw scream ripping out of his throat did nothing to improve his situation.



Here

It

Is

Hope you're happy =)

 

So, Minwoo's in a dear situation and... what will happen now ?

Eric's "investigating" on his own to help the dancer, but got into trouble doing so. If only the police was doind its job !

 

Thank you to everyone for reading, commenting and subscribing

 

To next time !