Chapter 28

Stalker

 

28

      Standing on jello like legs, Minwoo stared towards the noise's direction and readied himself for whoever would appear. The gun was still in his hand, giving him the needed reassurance and power to fight against his soon to be attacker.

Daring a step forward after a moment, he felt his heart beat madly, as if to burst out of his chest.

The fear was strong, but the determination to get over with this madness too.

Tightening his grip around the gun, he dared another step forward, and when he heard the creak in his back, it was too late. The hit went out of nowhere, and with the air knocked out of him, Minwoo crashed on the floor.

Pain shoot up his knees and forearms as the gun escaped his grip and slid under the couch. However, his focus was mainly on the pain on the back of his head, shoulder blades and the tall figure he could see from the corner of his eyes.

He was so scared of dying here, just like Oh; and when the iron bar raised in the air, the dancer barely had time to see it before it fell on him violently.

It hit him on the shoulder -just as he was rolling away- but the time for him to gather his senses, his assailant hit him in the stomach then head; knocking him out cold.

***

      The tension in the car was palpable. Eric had his cell phone in hand and was waiting for Minwoo to call him back. He had tried for thirty minutes consecutive to get in touch with the dancer, but now he had to accept his friend would not answer his calls.

It became even more worrying because of that, and officer TaeCha sitting beside the leader and driving them to Minwoo's hometown barely dared to talk. He could feel how anxious Eric was, and he was feeling too the man did not need useless words of comfort.

Eric just wanted to get to Minwoo as fast as possible. His mind would not be at peace as long as he was not sure his friend was safe.

Why the hell aren't you answering Minwoo ?

You better be alright man.

***

      Lee was calling right and left in hope to get the needed help. His superior was at a meeting with the head commander of the Seoul police and would not be back before an hour. But Lee needed permission for back up right now.

He could not investigate on his own anymore. There was too many things going on and he needed help.

Where the hell was Oh by the way ?

Looking towards the police station's entrance, he prayed for his partner to appear out of nowhere; but it stayed annoyingly calm and static.

The voice suddenly erupting in his ear was enough to distract him, and trying to get his chief over the phone, the woman kept denying his request.

"Tell him it's important !" He snapped, even if he regretted it immediately.

Losing his patience would get him nowhere, but it was an emergency and people were being too obstinate to even try to understand what he had to say.

"Chief Jung's actually in a meeting with head commander Kim. No disturbance is allowed."

Lee thought he was about to beat his phone to death. "Tell him Detective Lee JaeSeung's calling and it's an emergency. He'll understand…"

"I already told you detective…"

He did not let the woman finish and hung up on her. He did not have time to waste on her, and if the only way to get to his chief was to go himself to the man… then he would.

The quietness in the police station was suddenly broken by two teams of detectives coming back from their errand. Lee could not remember well what kind of cases they were actually working on, and quite frankly, he did not care. It was nothing as important as Gong's case, and Lee contemplated for a second working out of the rules.

It would screw everything though, and the last thing he wanted was for the case to be abandoned because he could not be patient.

So, grabbing his walkie-talkie, he headed out of the police station to meet personally with chief Jung.

This woman at the reception better let him in or he was not responding of his acts anymore. There was no way the matter could wait another hour, and Lee needed right now all the manpower possible.

***

     The pounding in his head was nauseating, but it was nothing compared to the panic he felt when he remembered what was the reason of such pain. Jolting awake, he tried to move too quickly. in pain and dizziness, Minwoo leaned back in the couch he was sitting on and pressed a hand on his throbbing forehead. What the hell was going on ? Was he not supposed to be dead ? Just like Oh.

Thinking about the woman, the dancer's eyes trailed down on the form still lying in a pool of blood behind a person sitting on a chair in front of him.

Startled by the presence he just noticed, Minwoo on a breath and tried to regulate his heartbeat. He was feeling dizzy enough like that to faint because of his racing heart.

Minwoo, after a spreading moment, managed to focus enough to realize how quiet everything was around him. Why the hell was it so quiet ? He even wondered for a second if the person was really here and not just part of his imagination.

A single glance was enough to confirm him some man was sitting on a chair across of him and being maddeningly quiet and motionless.

What was he waiting for ?

Minwoo suddenly noticed the gun in the guy's hand, and panicking once again, he tried really hard to not lose control over his emotions. Breaking down now would be of no use, and if he wanted a chance to get out of this alive he had to stay as calm as possible.

Glancing around the house, the drew curtains let not much light inside, which did not allow much visibility to Minwoo. He was hoping to spot something he could use as weapon, but with the throb in his head and nausea it was barely if he could look straight without seeing the world spin. So in the darkness, it was an impossible mission.

      Shifting on the chair, the man almost gave a heart attack to the dancer, and staring at the unknown person in front of him, Minwoo did not dare breathe anymore.

Looking over the man, he tried to find similarities with Gong, but the more he was looking, the less he could recognize the man he had saw in this interrogating room. Sure, the black mask on his mouth, black hat and dark grey hood on his head were showing nothing of the man's face, but even his built seemed different.

The dancer was not sure if he felt reassured or even more scared by the fact; but he was sure the events to come would be far from pleasing.

Leaning forward on his thighs, the man -the stalker- pulled the mask down and grinned at Minwoo, which sent a shiver up said man's spine. He still could not see the man's face -the shadows were hiding it well- but he could feel the dangerous aura emanating from him.

"We finally meet face to face." Said the man in a low, paused voice ringing too many bells in Minwoo's mind.

All of a sudden, he was not in this poor lighted living room anymore but back in this hellhole he had thought he would die in. The pain of the moment, the fear and terror of such experience went back crashing on him and let him at the verge of tears.

What was he going to do ? He did not want to die in this hole… but he was powerless against his stalker. What was he supposed to do ? Oh God ! He did not want to suffer anymore.

"Hey !" The voice snapping at him managed to bring him out of his memory.

Which did not feel necessarily better. Because here, just a couple feet from him was sitting his living nightmare.

What was he supposed to do ?

Minwoo thought about running for his life or attacking the man… but a glance down at the gun in his stalker's hand was enough to keep him pinned on the couch.

"You must be wondering who I am. After all…" He said with a chuckle. "Gong was just my stand-in man for this right moment to happen."

Minwoo felt like punched in the guts at the thought all this was planned. It made him feel like he never had a chance to begin with and this man had got him -and everyone else- exactly where he wanted.

Was that meaning even if he was trying Minwoo had no chance to prevent what this man had in mind for him ?

He did not want to accept this, because he was not one to give up and just accept what was thrown at him. This man had forced him to be like this for too long, and now he was just fed up and ready to fight. Even if it meant he would die in the end… he would not go without a fight.

"It all went perfectly. Great actor he is, isn't he ? He's a quick learner and I'm impressed how well he immersed himself in my character. I thought he would not have the balls to play it to its core… but he did. And it wa…"

"What do you want ?" Cut off Minwoo in a low, enraged growl.

It was like this man would never stop talking and Minwoo could not stand hearing him anymore. The sound of his voice was bringing too many bad memories and he could not drown now in an abyss of tormenting souvenirs and emotions. He needed to have a level head if he wanted to fight against this man, and if he was keeping talking so much the dancer was not sure he would manage to control for long this panic trying to submerge him.

Staring up at his stalker, Minwoo froze in place at the look in his eyes. It was so dark and dangerous that the dancer almost regretted cutting him off in the middle of his monologue.

"It's rude to interrupt people when they're talking." He scolded like a strict mother would do with an ill-mannered little boy. "Aren't you curious about the BTS' cuts ?" He added with a devious grin, and Minwoo wondered how fast the man's mood could change.

He was a lunatic, that was the dancer's conclusion.

"Quit playing now !" He snapped back, slowly losing his temper at the unrealistic situation. "There's a dead detective just behind you, and after everything you did can't you just stop for once ?"

Losing this little surge of anger, Minwoo's head fell against his chest as a sigh escaped him.

"What do you want this time ?" He glared up at the man observing him and added. "I've nothing left. You did it, okay ? You've destroyed me… what the do you want now ? My life ? Then take it !"

Breathing heavily, Minwoo did not avert his gaze from the man's, even when he realized what he had just said. He did not care… he could not care. After everything he had went through… what else could want this man ? He had lost everything… he was broken and he was not even sure himself he would one day be able to fix himself even slightly.

So… what was the point of continuing to live if this bastard would still be somewhere waiting for an opportunity to strike ? Minwoo could not live like that. Not anymore at least. He would not be able to endure it… and if he was forced too he had no doubt his sanity would escape him sooner than later.

There was just no way someone could live a stable, healthy life with such threat above the head.

"Are you serious ?" Questioned the man in a calm, paused voice, and Minwoo was flared up by such mocking words coming from him.

"What do you think ? You've already taken everything… What else do I have for you to rip away from me ?"

"Your friends. Your family." He answered to Minwoo's horror. "I didn't touch them… yet."

"Don't you dare…" He breathed in panic, and the man chuckled.

"Then do it !" He said, putting the gun on the coffee table between them. "Do it ! Give me the last thing you have… or I swear…" Minwoo stared back in the man's dangerous, devious eyes. "Next time you will lose everything you have. Starting from this dear little friend you were feeling so safe around."

Minwoo felt like in the face by the words, the possibility this man -this mother ing bastard- could threaten Eric's life something blinding him with strong and contradictory emotions.

There was no way anyone would hurt his family because of him.

He would not let this happen.



So, here's the stalker.

What do you think's gonna happen now ?

Lee's trying really hard to save Minwoo's life, will he arrive on time ? And Eric... he's so close but at the same time so far from Minwoo. Do you think he'll find him before it's too late ?

 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and are looking forward for what's to come ^^

I know I am =)

 

To next time !