Chapter 21

Stalker

 

21

      The dancer was like a caged bear, and Eric was not sure if he was more annoyed about Oh's investigation or Minwoo's behavior. He could have go out and change his mind, but he did not want to let the younger man on his own at such moment.

They were waiting to know what Oh would do after the interview five days ago, and from what they knew it did not look that good. Lee seemed to be the only reason Minwoo was still free from the time being, and the two friends could only fear what would happen once the detective's words would not be listened to anymore.

It was so nerve wrecking to just wait and not be able to do anything; and even more when all this was not the dancer's fault. It was all forced on him and if this stalker had never happened Minwoo would not be getting for using drugs, moreover knowing he was a so famous idol.

The dancer was at the verge of lose it with everything going on, and Eric could definitely not leave him alone right now.

" it !" Minwoo's shout was nothing new, nor the crash he heard soon after.

The leader wondered what his friend could have break this time, and shutting his eyes a second he prayed it was nothing he liked.

Hearing footsteps, Eric slowly looked up at Minwoo walking inside the living room where he was watching TV. There was an annoyed frown on the dancer's face, and his posture was screaming how mad he actually was; hence Eric decided to shut up and just watch his friend.

Minwoo, after grabbing a bottle of soju in the kitchen, came back in the living room and literally crashed on the couch beside the leader who pursed his lips to prevent himself from saying anything.

He heard the younger man open the soju bottle and throw the cap away angrily before sipping on the drink still as annoyed as before. Eric did not like when the dancer was being like this, but he had circumstances; even if the leader could have strangle his friend for being such an for the past days.

Eric could not count anymore how many times the dancer had snapped at him or merely ignored him when he was trying to talk to him. The leader hated it, but he reminded himself Minwoo had circumstances.

Even if he freaking hated it.

"Can I have your phone ?" He heard and looked over at the younger man waiting for him to hand the asked item.

Eric glanced down at Minwoo's extended hand then up at the annoyed expression on his face before swallowing with difficulties.

He had two options, and none of them were that appealing.

It was either trigger the dancer by refusing or give him his phone that would maybe end up in a wall.

Eric was not sure, but the dark look in his younger's eyes eventually helped him make up his mind.

The dancer grumbled a 'thanks' then started doing whatever he had to do on the leader's phone. The CEO prayed with all his might Minwoo would not break his phone or his TV just in front of them.

He liked both items and did not want to buy new ones. Mostly when he had just bought his TV and his phone was full of personal files he did not want to lose. Maybe he should have use another way to stock all this, but he was such a monkey with technology sometimes that he rather not try too complicate stuffs yet.

"What are you doing ?" He asked as conversation, but he really wanted to know what could make his friend so angry.

"SNS." Growled back Minwoo, and Eric could not believe it.

"I told you to don't look at it." He answered in growing annoyance.

"I need to know." There was a hint of fragility in Minwoo's voice when he said that, but the leader was too concerned about the well-being of his phone to care.

"Know what ? I already told you they're just s trying to get attention. They're not worth your time." He tried to snatch the cell phone out of the dancer's hands, but the little bastard was freaking fast.

"Yes they are !" He snapped back before staring at Eric with big eyes filled with different kind of emotions. "They made us and they're the reasons we're who we are today. I can't ignore them."

Eric was boiling, and unable to control his emotions anymore he managed to grab the phone out of Minwoo's hands to shove it in his pant's pocket. Out of his friend's reach.

"Give it back !" Minwoo was almost trembling in rage, but Eric ignored him.

He knew it would not be easy to deal with the younger man after everything had broke loose, but he had promised himself he would be able to endure it and help Minwoo. He had promised himself he would protect him no matter what.

"No. You don't need to read this."

"Eric." Minwoo's voice was raw and almost dangerous, but the leader still decided to ignore it.

"Don't mind them Minwoo. You're only hurting yourself more, I can't let you torture yourself like that."

"Who the do you think you are ? I'm old enough to know what's good for me or not. Now give it back to me !" He snapped before outstretching his hand for the phone.

Eric glanced down at it then up at the younger man before looking back at the TV, saying "No."

A tensed silence passed between them, then Minwoo stood up brusquely and walked away.

"Where're you going ?" Called after him the leader, but the dancer ignored him.

Sighing, he decided to just let his friend be. Always being on his back would be of no help, and Eric was annoyed enough like that to push any further the little argument.

But then he remembered something and his eyes widened big.

"Minwoo !" He called, hurrying up on his feet to run to the room the dancer was in. " !" He cursed when he arrived at the locked door with a punch on it.

Sighing in deep irritation, he just got back to the living room knowing he could do nothing now the dancer was locked in the room with the leader's laptop. Said man could only hope it would still be in one peace when Minwoo would be done being stupid enough to acknowledge these s of haters.

He had read some of the comments after the drug scandal was out, but he had quickly stopped doing it so much it was awful and cruel.

How could people could be like this ? They were all humans, so why wish them to die for a mistake they had done ?

Eric had always felt disgusted by these kind of people, and never he would have imagined Minwoo -or any other Shinhwa members- could fall victim of such vicious persons.

 

***

 

      Minwoo was not expecting anything at this point. He just knew everything was over and he could not do much about it anymore. He was glad for the fans sticking with him and supporting him; but the ones blaming him and turning his back on him hurts atrociously.

He could not resent them though; because they had every rights to hate him for what he had done.

Even if it was against his will, he was still the one who had bought and used drug; no matter what he was saying. He did use it and was still despising himself about it.

Maybe he should go see his therapist, but he was not feeling like it at all.

He was terrified of going out anyway, and even if he hated when he was hurting Eric; he could only refuse the man's every offers to get some air. He just could not get out because he was too frightened of who would see him.

He could not bear face people about what had happened; because it was bringing back the worst emotions he had felt before his therapy, and he was not sure this time he would be able to overcome it.

What would it change anyway ? He would maybe be in jail in a few months, and his life would be destroyed forever. So, what was the point of taking care of some mental issues when things would only continue to worsen ?

It was stupid and a waste of time in the dancer's opinion; so he just hid himself in Eric's apartment waiting for the moment the police would arrest him and throw him in jail.

At this point, Minwoo would not be surprised about anything anymore; because he had seen it all.

This man stalking him had broke everything he ever loved and was now stepping on the pieces left until he was nothing more than an empty, tormented shell.

This man was a monster, but Minwoo could not even find the will to hate him.

He was too tired at this point to acknowledge any kind of emotions, and blocking them out was helping him endure the actual situation.

 

      Eric was almost ecstatic when he went back home after work. The apartment was dark and Minwoo certainly sleeping, but the leader did not hesitate to wake his friend up to give him the good news.

"What ?" Asked groggily Minwoo with a rub of his eyes and his hair pointing in weird directions.

"Detective Lee called me." He announced excitedly, but the dancer had no reaction. "He wanted to talk to you, but you didn't answer." He said then with a frown forming on his face.

Minwoo sat up in his bed with half opened eyes before answering "It's off."

Eric could only imagine why the younger man had turned his phone off. So many people had started calling him since the scandal was out; and despite the fact Minwoo had changed his number three times, people were still calling.

"Whatever. I've good news for you." He said with a smile, and the shorter man eventually cracked open an eye to look at Eric. "Lee found your stalker on some CCTV. He wants you to see them."

"What ?" Minwoo's eyes were wide in surprise, and the leader could not be more satisfied by the reaction.

After watching the younger man slowly waste away, it felt incredibly good to see some kind of life in his usually expressive gaze.

"Yeah. He checked every places you went and eventually found the guy."

"Really ?"

"Yeah. Come on, he's waiting for us at the police station." Hurried Eric to Minwoo's surprise.

"Now ?"

The leader stopped and looked back at the younger man still sitting in bed with a confused expression.

"Yeah. Why not ? The sooner the better. And Lee said we could come at any time."

"Don't you think"

"We wasted enough time already. Let's go !" He cut off and began dragging himself the dancer out of bed.

Minwoo did not resist and let his friend pull him on his feet then in the bathroom's direction where he washed quickly his face before putting clean clothes on.

"What about the journalists ?" Worried the main dancer once at the front door, and Eric grinned.

"Don't worry, Young Hee's gonna help us."

With a frown, Minwoo followed Eric's gaze before widening his eyes.

"What's this ?" He asked with an amused grin trying to make its way on his lips.

"It's Young Hee's friend. He'll bait the sharks away."

Minwoo's eyes widened once again in surprise.

"Let's go !" Dragged him away the leader, and with a last look at Young Hee's friend dressed like him and looking a lot like him, Minwoo smiled and followed the rapper towards the stairs.



Sooo, did you enjoy it ^^

Things are moving and I think in almost every chapters something was happening. I hope it's not going too fast, but I didn't want something to drag forever or bore you with filling chapters. =) I'm not sure I'll be able to write filling chapters anyway (or at least not a lot because I'll get bored too xD)

 

Anyway, what do you think so far ? Is everything coherent to you ? Did you notice any mistakes ? Don't hesitate to tell me ^^

 

To next time !