Granny Yeonyeong

The will of trust

I later found out that Granny Yeonyeong suffered from Alzheimers. She claimed to have lost her memory and couldn't remember anything. Being the kind samaritian I am, I took her in, treated her, cared for her and fed her.

"Acceptance letter to Super Junior beef bone soup company

Ms Kwon Heechan, we are pleased to inform that you have been accepted into the company. You may start work in 2 days' time. Welcome!"

"HAEMONI!!! Look what came in the mail today!! I finally got a job!" I hugged her tightly while jumping in exuberance.

"Hmm, Super Junior beef bone soup??" She mumbled to herself while reading the letter.

"Yup.. What's wrong? Did you recall something?"

"Oh no no.. Nothing at all dear." She said with a smirk, while her eyes twinkled with mischief.

 

The next few days were hell. Ever since the letter arrived, Granny Yeonyeong have been giving me a hard time. She accused me of abandoning her for work and turned the house upside down. I would return home from work everyday facing a ruckus while she would be sprawled out on the floor snoring loudly.

I seemed to have woken her up from sleep after work one day and she was in a grouchy mood.

"Heechan, I'm hungry. I want food."

"Haemoni, It's late now. I'll just cook some ramen, okay?"

"NO!! I WAN'T BEEF BONE SOUP!" She threw a fit.

"Haemoni... Why are you being so difficult? You know my current financial situation, I can't afford that. I'm so tired, will you give me a break?"

"Why are you saying that? Are you sick of seeing my face? Why not throw me back into the streets!"

"Don't say that..."

"Why not? Isn't that what you have been wanting to do since you took me in? Afterall, I'm just a burden to you!"

"B-because.. I know what it feels like to be abandoned too. It hurts, I know that just as well. First Mom left me, then Dad left me next. Now stepmom threw me out of the house. So.. so i can't possibly throw you out." I sobbed weakly, unable to control my tears any further. 

There was a moment of silence before she announced that she was going to bed, and lay down on the mattress facing away from me.

I sat down on the floor and sighed, while staring out the window. At times like this, I wished Kyuhyun would be by my side. Insomnia kicked in while I partied with emptiness. The only sounds that could be heard were Granny's audible snores and the steady humming of the hot mattress pad.

The next morning I woke up ready to apologise to Granny only to find her missing. I cycled around the neighbourhood thrice and searched around the nearby convenience stores but to no avail.

Even Haemoni has left me. Was I destined to be alone forever?

 

A few days later I got woken up by a call from an unknown number.

"Annyeong, who is this?" I asked while stiffling a yawn.

"Is this Miss Kwon heechan?" 

"Nae.. that's me. Is anything the matter?"

"Yes. Will you come down from your apartment in 15 minutes? There'll be a car waiting for you."

Weird....

I was hesitant to board the car as afterall, the call came from a dubious party. But my gut feeling told me something good was going to happen.

Enroute to the mysterious place, the driver was not willing to let out anything except that his boss was expecting me. The car drove in a huge mansion and parked itself by the porch. All I could do was admire in awe. The garden was blooming with bright and colourful flowers and there was a swing perched next to it. The swimming pool was as big as a swimming complex's and the mansion.. It was beyong magnificent. The exterior was designed in the victorian style with a vintage touch to it. It was beautiful.

Just who was this mysterious person who wanted to see me so badly?

As I was let in the house by the housekeeper, I took in the interior. It was even more impressive on the inside. There were huge crystal chandelliers hanging  against the tall ceiling and golden curtains with fringes were draped across the windows. The sofas were blood red velvet and soft to the touch. This was what my dream house looked like.

The family was sitting at the hall. There was an old lady who seemed strangely familiar. I couldn't put my finger on it.. I've seen her somewhere.

The old granny looked up at me and smiled.

"Ahh... Heechan, I've been expecting you."

My eyes widened. "Haemoni!?!" And next to her... "Luggage douche?!"

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Muahaha 2 updates in a day.. I know.. There is a huge lack of updates from Minhyuk.. The next chapter will be about him! I Promise!! I almost dozed off in chemistry class today so i wrote these 2 chapters in school! :) TIll then~ Annyeong!