Third intake of Medicine

Der absolute Wahnsinn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: This is right where we play/use the song which inspired this story: The Cab's Intoxicated.)

 

Shuffling students in the corridor welcomed Krystal first thing in the morning the next day.  Everyone were buzzing like bees, loitering outside.  She immediately looked for her friends and found them in front of the audiovisual room.

“What are you guys doing here?  It’s almost time for Algebra.”

Suzy gave her a calculating look.  “Didn’t you hear?  Section B & C will merge for a month.  Professor Kang is on maternity leave that’s why.”

“Let’s get in and search for a good place to sit,” Sulli suggested.

Krystal could only groan as she followed her friends.  The room was partitioned depending on the section.  B occupied the left side while C is on the right.  The next hour was a blur.  She was becoming extremely bored pretending to listen to their Math teacher, Professor Park.  To think that this is a three-hour course and she had short attention span.  Who can stand it?

The geeks in A & B perhaps. 

No, she isn’t among the students who hates the difficulty of the subject.  She abhors it only because it was cloying.  Elementary and Intermediate in high school, and now, College Algebra.  It wasn’t even one of the basic necessities in life.  Who eats numbers?

“I believe there’s a proper time for your mind to wander off, Jung.  Do it later.  For now, answer exercise 3.”

She stared at the page.  Tom is three times as old as his son Chad.  Four years ago he was 4x as old as his son was at that time—the hell is this age problem?  How old is Chad?  “Chad is 12,” she responded blandly.

“Right.  Show your solution on the board.”  Professor Park reached out the white board marker to her but she didn’t take it.

“What—I mean, Ma’am, isn’t it enough that I answered correctly?”

“Just making sure that you didn’t hear the answer from your seatmates.  Or did you?”

The girls in the other class began whispering.  She even heard a faint ‘stupid’ from them.  Her blood boiled and she almost lunged out at her aggressor.  Daeun.  Her gaze also landed on Sehun’s group in B but they were poker-faced.

“I knew it; she’s nothing but a pretty face with an empty brain.”  Others chattered.  Her stomach knotted.  The obesity of their ego and arrogance irked her that she began to tremble.  Call her sensitive but they really went overboard.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter