Epilogue: ∞ Act of Affection

Der absolute Wahnsinn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Several years later, Krystal graduated from STL University and is now reviewing for the engineering licensure exam. Meanwhile, Sehun was left in the university to complete his Medical degree. The others have already entered the real world—Chanyeol, Jongin and Sulli who took up Business Management began working in their own companies while Suzy was scouted to play for the Women’s National Volleyball Team.

Even though they have become busy with their own lives, they make sure to meet at least once a month to catch up, except Sehun and Krystal who have been dating for quite a while now. He became her boyfriend in their second year in college and since then, they have been inseparable.

Just like now. Her review class ended early and she is waiting for him to pick her up. She was already at the parking lot when she realized that she has not fixed her makeup. There is no way she would face him looking so haggard from all the stress in reviewing. She then looked around to find a car with a heavily tinted window. A black ford ranger caught her eyes and she immediately walked towards the driver’s side and took his cosmetics pouch.

“Oh my God, look at these dark circles,” she frowned at her own reflection before covering it up. “I should really get some sleep tonight. To heck with all the modules I should read, I need beauty rest.” After finishing up, she smiled at her reflection in contentment. “Now, Sehun’s going to fall head over heels for me again—Ah! Kamjagiya!”

The car window suddenly rolled down, startling her. “Hey, pretty baby. Do you wanna go out with me on a date?” the person sitting on the driver’s seat winked at her.

It took her a couple of seconds to recover from shock and before throwing a punch on Sehun’s left arm. “You almost gave me a heart attack,” she complained, hands on her chest to calm her heavily pounding heart. “I thought you were someone else. It’s embarrassing.”

Sehun was dying of laughter while rubbing the muscles that she hit.

“Don’t do that again, Hun. It’s not funny at all,” she warned him.

“Alright,” he tried to calm down, “but why were you doing your makeup here?”

“I forgot to do it upstairs,” she mumbled while looking away from his teasing gaze.

“Because you were too excited to see me, right?” he was grinning mischievously, making her blush.

“I’m not,” she looked at him and shook her head vehemently, but he did not believe it. “Okay, fine. Just…a bit?”

His playful smile turned into a soft one. “I miss you, too, baby. Get in, so I can hug you.”

Krystal does not like it when he opens the car door for her. She always insists that she can do it herself and he should just wait for her. In no time, she was finally inside and threw herself in his arms. Warmth instantly spread inside her.

“You missed me a lot, huh?” he whispered as he tightened his embrace.

She grinned silently on his neck. “Yeah. Today’s class is mentally exhausting—I need to recharge.”

“Me, too. I’m dead tired from our clinical rotation that it would take me some time to be fully charged.”

You just want to hug me longer, dummy. She thought. “Okay—five minutes then.”

“Deal,” he chuckled. “That would be enough.”

“By the way, where is your Lexus? Did you buy this new car?”

“Nope. This is Dad’s car. I just borrowed it because mine is in the repair shop.

And they talked about many other random things in each other’s arms, in 5-minutes time, before separating and making their way home.

 

 

Sehun and Krystal got married six months after he passed the Korean Medical Licensure Exam. It was funny how they got engaged. They were on the road that time to join their parents for dinner.

“Are they already there?” Krystal asked him.

“Yeah. Mom called me while I was waiting for you,” he answered.

“Oh no. We should not make them wait longer. Let’s hurry.”

He nodded and then stepped on the accelerator to speed up a bit. Luckily, there was no traffic even when it was rush hour. “Anyway, I have something to tell you.” He felt her shift her body to face him.

“What a coincidence. I also h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter