New Competition

Prediction of Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mrs. Lu cleared , finding Sehun frozen state a little distracting. She turned to her blonde haired son and whispered, “Luhan, I’ve done a great favor for you.”

Luhan nods his head curtly and stride past the circling crowd and approach Sehun. Even by his expressionless face, Luhan could tell that Sehun is battling to belief his mother’s announcement earlier. He held out his hand and grab Sehun by his forearm.

Sehun hesitantly abide, and went to the center along with Mrs. Lu and Luhan. Mr. Lu is nowhere in sight but that didn’t matter. He felt a lump in his throat and there were no words that he could say in this dreadful situation.

The lady of the house step forward, smiling elegantly. Her hands are up, one to hold her dress and another to present Sehun to the crowds. “Unfortunately, given that the Oh’s family are–“she hold on a sob and continued, “–is in a tragic accident and gladly, yes, Sehun is the only one who lived to this day.”

Sehun glared at the woman and she said again, ignoring him, “It is true that Oh Sehun’s sister is to wed my dear son, but God loves her more. The lost family of Oh will always be remembered. Let us pray that…”

Her voice trailed off as Sehun ears are deafened to bear the truth. So he had a sister. He couldn’t recollect the times his grandfather mentioned Sehun’s family. The old man probably keep it to himself, too remorse to remember his dead son and in-laws, moreover his granddaughter.

By the mention of Sehun’s sister, Sehun looked to his side where Luhan is. The blonde male’s gaze fell down on the marbled floor, so as the other guests in the room. It was evident that Luhan’s face declared his pain, but it wasn’t from the loss of a lover. It was something else. 

“…I am thankful for Luhan, when he was missing, in search of Oh Sehun. We were worried sick but gladly, Luhan is not a person that disappear out of the blue. He’s doing it for the sake of his sister.” Mrs. Lu held Luhan’s hand, squeezing it tightly. Sehun was lost in his own thoughts, not even aware of the eyes of the crowds. Sehun was sure they were acknowledging his existence now.

“If you excuse me.” Sehun croaked and stumble past the guests. He walked out of the hall in a rush, ignoring Luhan calling him from the back.

 

His eyes caught one of the maids and asked for the toilet’s direction. She politely directed him across the hall and Sehun thanked her before he went there. Upon opening the door, Sehun slammed open one of the stalls and kneeled, throwing all his dinner into the toilet bowl.

His eyes stung and his mouth bitter. It was too much for him. Oh Sehun, he remembered he was an ordinary orphan except for a little twist. His coincidental ability to tell other people’s partner is extraordinary but the thought of him as the son of a rich family disgusts him.

He despise the wealthy, feeling like they have no flaws and their mere existence screams power and arrogance. Luhan was one of them and to find that he was one, makes his stomach churn once more. Sehun bent down again and let all the acid out of his system.

Sehun heard the main door open, probably a clueless guest or a couple with needs of some secret leisure time together, considering the toilet is located at the very corner. He needed isolation but the presence of another person made him straightened his body.

“I knew you were here.” The person whispered and take few steps towards the kneeling boy. Sehun turned his head back and saw Jongin in his handsome suit. “Don’t look at me like that, Sehun.”

Sehun wiped his mouth and tried to get up. He was getting weaker by the moment he was fully standing, grasping the sides of the stall to gain stability. “Leave me alone.”

Jongin blocked the way when Sehun tried to exit the stall. “Are you sure running is the best way to handle this situation? Luhan is in trouble because of you.”

“How the hell am I the one at blame here?!” Sehun hollered and tried to shove past Jongin. Jongin is rigid as rock and it probably due to Sehun’s lack of energy. “Move!”

“Instead of doing this, why don’t you face them? If you’re not at fault, then you should’ve stayed.”

“How am I supposed to stay when all of this is new to me? I don’t even remember my parents, Jongin. I don’t even know I have a sister. All my late grandfather left is this lame old key and a small house. This doesn’t make sense.”

Jongin rests his hands on Sehun’s shoulder, reassuring Sehun to calm down. Sehun could see he was trying to find the right words. “How can you not know, Sehun?”

“Because I have bird brain. That’s why, Jongin. I don’t know . Not the past, the present… this is ing stupid.” Sehun cussed, venting his anger in this kind of situation. He hated the attention and he hate it more when it stuck to him like a super glue.

“What about the keys?”

Sehun sighed before he shove his hand inside his pocket, taking a set of keys out. He let it dangle between his two fingers and said, “Probably opens a jewelry box or a diary. I don’t really care. Grandpa left me when I was too young to know… anything.”

Jongin took the keys in his palm, inspecting it carefully. His furrowing brows and frowned lips determine that there’s nothing special about it. He gave it back to Sehun and turned towards a mirror that stretches along the side of the toilet wall.

From the reflection, Jongin’s face was grave. He locked his eyes on Sehun, brown orbs filled with confusion. “It is true, Sehun. You’re a rich boy too. I know you hate it but that’s the truth. I am, too. But I won’t let that get in between us. You’re my… friend. And I mean it. What I’m about to tell you could either break you or our friendship.”

Sehun lean on the stalls, face impassive. Jongin continued, “From wherever resources I’ve heard, the Lu’s is up to something. There’re plenty of stories circulating about your family’s death and they aren’t pretty. I know I am not the person to say these kind of things but I have a theory. And that involves the Lu itself.”

“Figured. Luhan is acting weird the moment we’ve met.”

“He is weird. No doubt about that.” Jongin shrugged. “But he is not in the picture.”

Sehun stood straight and fix his shirt. With his tired face, he muttered, “He is supposed to wed my sister. I guess that makes him nuts. Obviously the whole marriage arrangement is all for the sake of boosting the company. Typical storyline.”

Jongin’s face shifted, staring at Sehun behind his shoulder. “Have you ever thought that they are up to something else, Sehun?”

Sehun shrugged this time. “Rich people always have their ways. But not me. I refuse to be one. And if its money they want, so be it. Just leave me out of it.”

Something from Sehun’s answer made Jongin’s face grim. Just from a distance, Jongin is tryi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter