The Suit Party

Prediction of Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You okay?” Jongin piped, bursting out of Sehun’s reverie. “You don’t even touch your food, Sehun.”

Sehun shakes his head, noticing the piling perfect circle pancakes on his plate. A good amount of maple syrup was poured on the hot delicacy but Sehun is not even close to salivate on the delicious food. Instead, he was poking it with a fork and knife.

“Stop playing with your food.” Jongin reached forward and take Sehun’s utensils away, scowling as he did so.

Sehun glance up, face expressionless and Jongin swore he looked dead at that moment. He wondered if Sehun is human, or alive for that matter.

“Sehun? Talk to me.” Jongin tried to talk to his motionless friend. He waved his hands right at the front of Sehun’s face, in attempt to gain attention. Sehun blinked twice.

“W-What?”

“Earth to Oh Sehun. Having fun in galaxy?”

Sehun gave him an aggravated look before taking his fork back, forcing bits of crushed pancake into his mouth. “Galashi wash phun.” He mumbled with a full mouth.

Jongin laid his elbows on the table before he pushed his spectacle against his nose bridge. He lean forward, narrowing his eyes to read Sehun’s face. “You’re mad.”

Sehun swallowed. “No. I am not.”

“Whatever, man. I’m just trying to help. Citrus blend?” He offered.

 

Right after their short weekend getaway, Jongin bids Sehun farewell. Savoring the warm breeze, Jongin decides that it is perfect for a jog around the nearest park. He was all geared in his sport shoes, loose t-shirt and shorts, earpiece stuck on his ears.

Warming his body with a brisk walk along the path, he took the time to inhale the post autumn aroma. There were numerous joggers along the path, all in different pace and nothing caught his eyes, except for a familiar pretty blonde.

“Luhan!” he called out, expecting no response from the other.

Leaning against the tree, all seated on the grass with a book in his hands, Luhan is too engrossed to notice Jongin approaching him.

“Hey pretty blonde.” Jongin cooed. He grab the book out of Luhan’s reach and that earn him a glare from the latter. “Fancy caught you here alone. You do know how to act in media, huh?”

“Tell me about it. You think your glasses will hide you arrogance, Kai?”

Jongin laughed as he settle next to Luhan. “I love living life like this, you see.”

“And that’s why you’re hanging out with Sehun. Because you know who exactly he is.”

Jongin gasped as if the words hurt him. He break into a smirk and draped his arm over Luhan’s shoulder. “He found me, Luhan. He noticed me when I am nothing. It’s fate, my friend.”

“Last time I checked, we’re merely business partners.” Luhan retorted before he take his book back into his grip and continue reading the lines.

“Tell me one thing, Luhan. Why are you hiding him? More importantly, what is it to you?”

Luhan looked up slightly so that half of his face is covered by the book. “There’s nothing, really.”

“A business interest, perhaps? You keep the only heir of Oh’s Company away and that will settle Lu’s Holdings at ease, isn’t it?” Luhan open his mouth to reply before Jongin cut him off and continue, “And you could make your mommy proud. How obvious, Luhan. You’re better than that.”

The blonde angrily shoved his book down, glaring at the so called nerd Kim Jongin. “You’re my friend, Kai. Why do I feel like you’re ruining my future?”

“Oh, Kai is yours. But Jongin is Sehun’s. I think I started to like the life of Kim Jongin now.”

Luhan lean back, frowning to see Jongin smirk again. “What do you want, Kai?”

“Stop messing with Sehun. Simple as that.” Jongin said sternly.

Sighing, Luhan looked away towards the paths with scarce joggers. “He did things that he shouldn’t, Kai. I don’t have to fill in the gaps for you. Oh’s family deserves it.”

“His grandfather did things that succumb the Lu’s Company to bankruptcy. I don’t understand how Sehun is part of it. And stealing it back does not make you a hero, Luhan.”

Luhan was scowling this time. His brows furrows that threaten the son of Kim’s Industries. “We just steal things that belonged to ours in the first place. Plus, if he knew–”

“He’ll take it back and . Believe me, Sehun is not that person.”

“And you’re the judge of that because he is nice to you?” Luhan tilt an eyebrow, surprised. “You barely know him, Kai.”

“And you know him? If making him feel like makes you better, then do tell.”

“Kai!” Luhan shot up and bang his palm on the grass grounds.

Jongin snickered. They were friends and it hurts him when Luhan pretend he didn’t know Jongin. Though it is only on business term, Jongin knew that it is more than a little professional shake of hands.

Luhan smiled and laughed a little, pulling Jongin to his embrace and nuzzle the brown hair with his chin. “You should’ve told me you’re here, bastard. Telling the media you’re in America for years, I believed it like an idiot. And you know I hate feeling like one.”

“Of course, the proud son of Lu’s will never be defeated with mere idiocy.” Jongin said teasingly.

“Oh? One second you’re insulting me and now, you’re on my side again.” Luhan teased back. “How’s Kyungsoo?”

Jongin gulped by the mention of that particular male. “Not suicidal. Found a new hobby.” Luhan watched him expectantly. “He likes now.”

Luhan nodded in approval. “Hormone drive is such a monster.” The blonde lean back against the tree, calmly breathing in the autumn breeze. “So what is it with Jongin and Kai?” he asked.

“Jongin is weak and vulnerable. Kai is really the opposite. Though Kyungsoo likes Jongin better so I opt for this personality and appearance.”

Luhan shakes his head, understanding Jongin’s hidden interest on the near suicidal man named Kyungsoo. He remembered that time Kai was all Jongin-like. He was in the verge of breaking to witness Kyungsoo standing on the highest building of his company, silently wishing that death will do him justice.

Luhan thought Jongin was taking it to another level. Guilty, perhaps? Must be an eye opener for Kai, which then result him to be this nobody of a man. Something might happen between them but Luhan will not pester in anybody’s personal life.

“Anyway, I’m serious about Sehun. Leave him out of it.” Jongin said sternly. The warning tone he had left Luhan nodding hesitantly. “So tell me about your fiancée.”

 

 

Sehun lied on his couch, sprawling like there’s nothing that could lift him out of the fact that what he saw in the park disturbed him. He was upset… and mad. It confuses him to a certain degree that when Jongin bid him farewell, he immediately plant his face on the oversized cushion and scream out his frustration.

Luhan, the pretty blonde male made him feel things that he never felt. It surprises him how, the moment they were close, they couldn’t stop bickering. Whenever they connect their eyes, there are fire in it that screams death within seconds if one refuse to shut up. But even then, he didn’t exactly hate Luhan.

Sehun, on the other hand, hated it whenever the blonde is present. And it didn’t help much when Luhan is etched in his mind like a gum, sticking its way irritatingly but still provide a sweet flavor. Sehun raised his body from the couch and make his way to the bathroom, deciding that a warm bath could solve his misleading hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter