Secret Initial

Prediction of Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun’s small feet padded on the hallway, making a turn towards his grandfather’s study –which the old man warns him to never set foot in the room. Upon reaching the restricted area, Sehun giggled as he never felt this rebellious before.

His grandfather forbid him from eating another ice cream after dinner, telling him that sweets won’t do him any good. And as means to prove him wrong, little Sehun turned into a bratty monster and ran off the dining hall and locked himself in his room. It was only in late night that the idea to rebel struck him.

Here he stands, brown eyes staring at the doorknob. He was only eight –curios and mischievous. Sehun shakily rummaged his pocket, careful not to let the keys rattle between his small fingers. His head swept right and left, as if he’s trying to steal a precious gem that lies within the study room.

He slowly insert the key in, turning it with cautious. A click was heard, echoed around the silent hallway. Sehun smiled sheepishly and start his attempt to enter the room. He started to push the wooden door open, only to flinch hard when he felt a large hand that jerk him backwards.

“I’ve warn you, Sehun!” His grandfather grumbled. “Get back in your room and sleep, boy!” He dragged the boy back into his room, retrieving the keys back in his hand. Sehun watched the set of keys clutched hard in the old man’s fists, wondering the secrecy behind it.

And that was the only memory he could think of as his thirteen year old self sat on the plush seating of the study room. Though his grandfather appear rough around him, he knew they were the act of tough love. The old man was tender, even if his shell was hard as a rock.

Sehun found himself mourning on the seats, remembering how much his late grandfather spends his time in the room. In his sick bed, his grandfather granted him full property of the house, knowing that his time was close. Sehun was there, clutching on the old man’s hand because he was the only family he had left.

Just as his grandfather exhaled his last breath, Sehun knew it was the last of him before he sleeps in eternal slumber. It took him a lot of patience before he broke down, shaking his grandfather back to life even if he understands that the dead can never be brought back to life.

From the pulling of the nurses, Sehun finally stopped trashing his body before he learn that he will have to face the world alone. Nothing was left except an old house in a remote peaceful town and an old set of keys. It was then he realized, he was no longer important.

What a harsh truth it is to discover that Sehun worth more than he ever think. And in his almost eighteen body, Sehun was seated back in the mourning seat. Before, he was upset and lost. But that was years ago, when he started to pick up life and lock the study room away for good.

Legs crossed and resting on top of a low coffee table, Sehun lean back and breathed hard. The amount of dust around the room tickles his nostrils, making him sneeze a few. But that didn’t matter. He wanted to understand the secrecy of the room.

He remembered one of those days, where angers consume his thirteen year old body. Younger version of Sehun was searching for clues –anything to keep him distracted. The lost boy was throwing the neatly arranged books out of its shelves, papers on the desk were torn as it is a useless hint.

He was mad, screaming in frustration as he let tears roll down his cheeks. What could his grandfather hide? The secrecy drove him to the edge, keeping his sanity away. The set of keys rattle when he slump heavily on the seats. His eyes caught an old and petite embroidered jewelry chest.

Sehun immediately reach for it, placing it on his lap. He took the keys, trying each one until one of it fits. And when it does, it refuse to reveal the inside. Sehun examined it carefully, eyes narrowed to understand the mechanism. What lies with the lock is a circular dent around it. It could probably means that the chest require two keys to make it open.

But what kind of key is it? The ends must be somewhat circular. It was rare. No keys he encountered have that kind of design. Unless his grandfather hid it within the room or took it in his grave. Surely the idea of digging the old man’s grave is outrageous, therefore he let it slide.

Once again leaving the study room locked, taking the chest out and place it on a desk in his room. Years of abandonment, collecting dusts which lessen the shine of the embroidered chest, Sehun forgot its existence.

Not until this very day. Sehun took the chest back in his lap, studying the chest once again. He shakes it, slowly then hard. Nothing was heard except a soft rustle, probably letters containing important information. But what is it? Will of more fortune? The rights to took over the company? Or an old and crumpled folds of letters?

It couldn’t be true. Before him, lied on the study desk, are documents of his rights and fortune in hand. Personal letters are out of question, because his late grandfather is a man who keeps his journal safe in a black book. Sehun found it within the shelves, read every word of it and toss it aside as soon as he reads that it was the tale of the old man’s budding romance with his wife.

Sehun narrowed his eyes, caught the sight of the mysterious circular dent again. It took him couple of hours before he gave up and strut out of the study room, working his life back as he did before. Abandoning the past, live with the present and prepare for the future.

 

 

Sunlight reflect in the eyes of Park Chanyeol, narrowing his open eyelids to block out the extra light. Baekhyun left his scattered belongings on their table before he make a run to the toilet. Weeks passed since their terrible argument, which leads to more than shouting and bantering of curses. Chanyeol earned himself a bruise on his back and a muscle pain in his left calf while Baekhyun received a good punch in the jawline from his giant hands.

Their friendship was violent even before then. But this was as much as he could do to fix it. Baekhyun’s betrayal no longer concern him. The physical beating was enough to settle their anger. And he found himself prodding Kyungsoo’s folded arms, lies above it is his sleeping head.

The trio decided to catch up on assignments and revisions, prior to their incoming exam week. The library was the best location to keep them out of any distraction. And it was quite rare to encounter Kyungsoo sleeping.

“Kyung, wake up. Everyone is glaring at you right now!” he whispered. Chanyeol once again poke the snoring male, but this time on his temple. “I’ll kiss you in any moment now unless–“

Kyungsoo groaned and glare at his boyfriend with his tired eyes. He straightened his body and lazily set his unwritten assignment before him. Chanyeol heard him mutter, “Baekhyun would want that more than anything though.”

And right on cue, Baekhyun reappear and sat next to Chanyeol. His face was clueless, not picking up the tension between the couple. “What do I miss?” he asked before the others dismissed him and went on with their work.

A torturing and long twenty minutes passed before Chanyeol whisper again, saying “Baek, clean up your space. You’re getting in my last nerve.”

Baekhyun shot him a look and start to push his stuff in his place. He was doing it hastily, shoving it rather harsh on his space and that was when the object responsible for Chanyeol’s narrowing eyes appear. Of course, it was the cliché and corny ring that he obtain from a pretty boy back in the café. How could he forget?

Baekhyun meant to return it but there was no luck to encounter the blonde male, even if he came by the café almost every day. It was that one afternoon when he nurses his injured face, flipping the pages of a magazine that belonged to his sister, that he stumble an article about the blonde boy.

Luhan was smiling in his suit as his mother cling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter