Three

Three Love Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three:

 

 

“You’ll never know… but the person that matters most to you might just be right in front of you.

 

We met as enemies and we remained that way. I remember clearly as if it was yesterday… the first time I met you… I knew you were someone I could never forget.”

_______________________________________

 

I ran as fast as my feet could carry me. It was three minutes before my first class. As one of the few students with perfect attendance, I couldn’t afford to be late.

 

“Darn. Why did I forget to set my alarm clock this morning? Kim Jaejoong you can be so stupid at times.” I asked myself as I was about to turn to a corner near the building where my class would be.

 

In my haste I accidentally bumped into someone. The two of us hit each other’s head and fell a few steps backward.

 

“Yah! Watch where you are going!” The person I had bumped into said.

 

I rubbed my forehead and prayed that there wouldn’t be any concussion.

 

“You’re the one that bumped into me!” I told him.

 

I looked up and saw a guy probably my age looking at me with an annoyed expression. He was about the same height as me and we both had the same brown colored hair.

 

“Are the kids here in this school rude like you? The least you could do is apologize to me.” He said crossing his hands across his chest.

“Me? Apologize to you? Why? You’re the one at fault.” I said to him.

 

I was about to say more when the bell for the first class rang. I silently cursed then ran past the guy that I had bumped in to.

 

“This is isn’t over.” I said to him.

 

I ran again while cursing that guy that had bumped into me. He was so rude and he dare ask me to apologize to him? He must be crazy. He did mention kids in this school. Was he a new student? If he was then I will have to teach him the rules in this school… the hard way.

 

I was late to my first class and was sent to the director’s office. I had tried so hard to get a perfect attendance but because of that rude guy all my efforts had gone to waste.

 

My mother would not be happy when she hears about this. The second son of Kim Heejun and Jung Chaerin, founder of SM Academy has been called to the director’s office. The news would spread like wildfire and I knew as soon as I walk out of this office people will talk about me.

 

They will probably say something like “The perfect student finally screws up.” I clenched my fists on my sides and cursed the guy that had bumped in to me.

 

“I’m going to make him pay for this.” I promised myself.

 

Mr. Jung, the academy’s Director finally arrived in his office and when he saw me he couldn’t help but frown. One of the school’s perfect students is in his office and it didn’t help the fact that I am a Kim. I avoided Mr. Jung’s gaze by looking down on my hands.

 

“Mr. Kim Jaejoong, it’s a surprise to see you here in my office. It’s usually your brother Heechul that is my frequent visitor. Hmm, is it true that you were late for class?” He asked me as soon as he sat on his chair behind his desk.

 

I nodded my head and heard him gave a deep sigh.

 

“Your mother is not going to be happy about this Mr. Kim.” Mr. Jung said to me.

“Yes I know Mr. Jung.” I answered still not looking at him directly.

“Since this is your first time I’ll be letting you off with a warning. There’s no point in disappointing Mrs. Kim with one mistake that can be easily taken care of. You may go back to your class Mr. Kim.” He said picking up the documents on top of his desk.

 

I got up from my seat and thanked Mr. Jung before leaving. As soon as I left the room and walked along the corridors of the building I could feel the stares of the students. I even heard some of them say “Serves him right.” “He finally screwed up.” “He must have gotten off the hook easily…” “Money can buy everything…”

 

I clenched my fist at my sides and ignored them. I held my head up high and fought back the tears that started to fall. To most students being late for class may not be a big deal, but it was to me.

 

It wasn’t just the perfect attendance. I for the first time in my life had failed the expectations that my parents had for me. I know Mr. Jung wouldn’t report my lateness to my parents but I knew that they would know even without him. I was afraid of seeing my parents’ face… my mother most especially. She had high expectations for me. She molded me into the perfect son that she wanted.

 

Being perfect… there was no such thing as perfection. But my mother thought otherwise.

 

“I’m going to be so dead when I get home.” I thought to myself while making my way towards the library.

 

It was lunchtime and most of the students were at the cafeteria eating their lunches. I went to the library to cool my head. There was something about the silence and peacefulness in the library that made me feel relaxed.

 

When I got there I saw a familiar face sitting in a corner reading a book. His eyebrows furrowed while reading. I smiled a bit and walked over to where he was. He didn’t look up from his book even as I sat beside him.

 

“So, you were late for class?” He asked me not looking up from his book.

“Yes I was. It was all that stupid guy’s fault. Would you believe after bumping into me he expected me to apologize to him? He bumped into me first and… Aish! I swear when I see him again…” I started to say.

“You’ll do what?” He asked still not giving me his full attention.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter