Two

Three Love Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two:

 

 

-Han Kyung-

 

“Hannie is my boyfriend. I’m going to marry Hannie!”Jaehee said wrapping her arms around my neck.

 

I smiled awkwardly again at Mrs. Kim and Heechul. I placed Jaehee down and started to explain myself.

 

“My house is near Jaehee’s school. I often play with her and the other kids in the afternoons while they are waiting to be fetched. I also teach part-time at her school.” I explained to them.

“Hannie is my boyfriend. I’m going to marry Hannie!” Jaehee repeated.

“Hannie? Boyfriend? Marry?” Heechul asked raising an eyebrow at me.

“We were playing a game the other day.” I told him.

 

For a while there was an awkward silence with Jaehee looking confused. She hugged my leg again and looked at me.

 

“Did I say something wrong?” Jaehee asked with tears starting to form from her eyes.

“No sweetheart you didn’t.” Mrs. Kim said approaching Jaehee.

 

She reached for Jaehee so she could carry her but Jaehee took a few steps back and hid behind me. I looked down and frowned when I saw Jaehee hide her face behind my leg. She tightened her hold on me. I instinctively placed a hand on top of her head as if to give her comfort.

 

When Mrs. Kim saw Jaehee’s reaction she placed her hands down and looked away. I didn’t know why but somehow Jaehee wouldn’t go to her mother. I didn’t know what the reason was but I am sure it hurt Mrs. Kim.

 

After all, having your daughter deny you must be heartbreaking for a parent. To my surprise Heechul walked past his mother and scooped Jaehee in his arms. Jaehee smiled and hugged Heechul tightly.

 

“Jaehee, Let’s go play.” Heechul asked Jaehee pinching her cheeks.

 

Jaehee nodded her head and giggled. Heechul smiled at her then looked at me. As soon as our eyes met Heechul’s smile disappeared and was replaced by a scowl.

 

“I’m not going to be your student.” He told me.

 

He walked past me with Jaehee in his arms and headed out the door. I waved goodbye to Jaehee before the door closed. Mrs. Kim sat back down on the chair and ran a hand over her face.

 

“I apologize for this Mr. Han. As you can see, Heechul is not an easy child to deal with.” Mrs. Kim said to me.

“Tell me about it.” I murmured under my breath.

“But… he’s a good kid.” She added with a sad smile.

 

I cleared my throat and walked closer to her.

 

“I know. He may seem like a spoiled brat… sorry for calling your son a brat… but… the way he handled Jaehee…” I said to her stuttering of course.

“Heechul has a soft spot for Jaehee, she being the only girl and the youngest. I apologize again for his behavior.” Mrs. Kim said with a soft laugh.

 

I noticed that she apologized for Heechul’s behavior but not hers. In my opinion both of them were equally rude. I decided not to point it out anymore. Maybe she was embarrassed to admit it.

 

“Regardless of what happened today Mr. Han I want to make it clear to you that I will still hire you as Heechul’s tutor. I expect to see you again tomorrow.” Mrs. Kim said to me in a serious manner.

 

I nodded my head and then excused myself. As soon as I was out of the main door I finally took a deep breath. I was glad to be out of that house. No matter how rich they were if their family isn’t getting along well then what is the use of a big house to live in if the place is empty of people.

 

For some reason I was glad that I wasn’t as rich as they were. Our house may be small but I treasured the moments I had with my parents. Coming home to my mother’s cooking and seeing my father sitting in his favorite chair sketching makes my heart full.

 

“I guess there are things that money can’t buy.” I thought to myself.

 

I reached the gates after a few minutes. I greeted the security guard and walked out. I checked my watch and saw that I still have some time to spare before going home. I stopped by a park not far from where I lived. The park was my favorite place to go to. It was a park where most artists go to and display their works. I saw some sitting on the grass in groups with their sketch pads. They talk amongst themselves while doing a few sketches. I went to an empty spot under a tree near the main fountain and sat under it.

 

I lied down on the grass and started to look at the dark sky. I wanted to see the stars but the city lights are not making it possible. Times like this are when I start to miss China. The town where I used to live in was simple and few people where there. I would go up the hill at the back of our house and spend sleepless nigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter