Seven

Three Love Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seven:

 

Han Kyung frowned while reading the piece of paper in his hand. He looked up and saw Kim Heechul lying down on his bed playing with his game console. It had been three months since he started tutoring Heechul and was amazed at the fast improvement in his grades.

 

“You’re doing this on purpose, aren’t you?” Han Kyung asked Heechul.

“What are you talking about?” Heechul asked back not looking up from the game he was playing.

“I’m talking about your grades. You’re failing your subjects on purpose.” Han Kyung told him.

“So?” Heechul said sounding disinterested.

“So? Why on earth would you do that? If you did your best at your schoolwork you could even pass the college entrance exam in one of the SKY Universities.” Han Kyung said to him putting the piece of paper in his hand on top of the study table.

 

Heechul finally got bored of playing his game console and looked up at Han Kyung. He placed the console down and crossed his hands across his chest.

 

“It’s really none of your business.” Heechul said looking at Han Kyung.

“But why? Why are you…” Han Kyung started to ask again.

“You told her didn’t you? You told her that my grades were improving.” Heechul said.

“Yes I did.” Han Kyung replied.

“She didn’t give a damn… right?”

 

Han Kyung looked away. Heechul was right. His mother didn’t care. To his surprise Heechul laughed.

 

“Did that answer your question? Why would I bother making an effort? No matter what I do it’ll never be enough for them. Why aim for something that is out of your reach?” Heechul said shrugging his shoulders.

“You’re actually doing well on your own. You were right. You don’t need a tutor.” Han Kyung said.

 

Han Kyung started to gather his things and placed them in his bag. Heechul grabbed his arm and pulled it away from the table.

 

“Yes. I don’t need a tutor. But…I need you.” Heechul said.

“Huh? Me?”

“You’re the only one that… that can see right through me. You’re the only one that… that cared for me.” Heechul told him looking away.

 

Han Kyung took a deep breath then sat back down.

 

“You don’t have to teach me school stuff.” Heechul said still not meeting Han Kyung’s gaze.

 

Han Kyung silently looked at Heechul whose face had turned a deep shade of pink. He stood up and placed a hand on Heechul’s shoulder. Heechul looked up and met his eyes.

 

“Then what should I teach you?” Han Kyung asked him raising an eyebrow.

“I…”

 

Before Heechul could finish his sentence Han Kyung’s phone rang. Han Kyung removed his hand from Heechul’s shoulder and answered the call.

 

“Hello? Mom, I’m still… WHAT?... How did that happen?... Mom, relax. I’m sure Dad is capable of… He already caused that much damage?... Okay. I get it. I’ll come home right away.” Han Kyung said answering his phone.

 

Han Kyung hung-up the phone and placed it in his pocket. He then got up and gathered his things.

 

“Where are you going? Is everything alright?” Heechul asked Han Kyung.

“I’m sorry Heechul. I have to go home. We’ll finish talking tomorrow, okay?” Han Kyung said before bolting out the door.

 

Heechul silently watched Han Kyung leave. He walked over to the table and saw his test paper with perfect marks. He picked it up and slowly tore it to pieces. He sat on the chair and buried his face in his hands.

 

Heechul had been very careful not to let Han Kyung know that he was faking not being able to understand his lessons. But somehow Han Kyung put two and two together. Heechul had been purposely failing his classes. At first he did it just to annoy his parents, to get some attention and hopefully they would give up the idea of him inheriting the family business.

 

But now he had a totally different reason. Upon meeting Han Kyung his plans changed. When he first saw Han Kyung he knew he had felt something special for him. The more he spent time with him the more those special feelings grew. He could not explain it himself what those feelings meant. All he knew was that his heart ached whenever Han Kyung leaves after their lessons. He wanted to know everything about him. He found himself thinking about him all day and longed to see him.

 

Heechul had asked himself many times what was wrong with him but every time he was left without an answer. So, he came to a conclusion. He was either going through a teenage crisis or he was in love with Han Kyung.

 

Whatever the situation he was in one thing for sure, Heechul wanted Han Kyung. He wanted to be with him always.

 

Heechul scratched his head in frustration and lied back down on his bed. He placed an arm over his eyes. He tried to distract himself from thinking about Han Kyung.

 

After an hour of attempting to be distracted Heechul went out of his room and went to Jaehee’s room. Heechul hoped that his sister would be able to distract him at the very least. When Heechul arrived in front of Jaehee’s room he saw his brother Junmyeon and his friend Yixing get out of Junmyeon’s room. Yixing stood behind Junmyeon’s wheel chair and wheeled him out. They saw Heechul and both smiled.

 

“It’s rare for you to go out of your room Junmyeon.” Heechul said when the two were near him.

“I wanted to see the flowers in the garden.” Junmyeon said weakly.

 

Heechul smiled back at his brother. Junmyeon had been sickly since he was a kid and was rarely out of his room. But during the past months Junmyeon has been doing better. He was happy that his brother got to go outside and see the world for a change. He didn’t know what made his parents agree to set Junmyeon free but he was happy that they did.

 

“Okay. You and Yixing enjoy yourselves.” Heechul said ruffling Junmyeon’s hair.

“Thanks.” Junmyeon said with a smile.

 

Yixing bowed his head in response and wheeled Junmyeon towards the end of the hallway. Heechul took a deep breath then knocked on Jaehee’s door. He slowly opened the door and found Jaehee playing with her dolls. She had her dolls sit on the floor on a circle. She sat in the middle and held a pen and paper.

 

“Jaehee? What are you doing?” Heechul asked his sister curiously.

 

Jaehee looked up. When she saw Heechul she quickly got up and hugged her brother. Heechul took her in his arms and hugged her as well.

 

“I was playing pretend.” Jaehee said to him.

“What were you pretending?” Heechul asked her.

“Group therapy!”

 

Heechul raised his eyebrows when he heard those words come out from his five-year old sister.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter