Thirteen

Three Love Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirteen:

 

(Yunho)

 

I was late for a job interview and it didn’t help with my nerves. I was sweating buckets. It was my first job interview since leaving SM Academy to pursue a more practical profession in business management. My parents did not approve that teaching dance is a practical profession.

 

After being asked one question after another, I was told that they would contact me if I got the job or not. That being said I knew I had failed the interview. I was mentally cursing at myself for being late and messing up the questions that the interviewer gave me as I entered the elevator.

 

When the elevator stopped at a floor, I tried to hide my surprise when I saw the man that stood in front of me. He had been the man that had been on my mind for the past three years. He disappeared all of a sudden without a trace. Then here he was standing in front of me with a surprised expression.

 

“Jung Yunho…” He said with his feline eyes widening in surprise.

“Ki-Kim Jaejoong…” I managed to say after hearing his voice.

 

We didn’t say anything after that. He entered the elevator in silence and waited until he arrived on the floor he was supposed to get off. He stepped past me and just as he was about to step out I grabbed his arm and pulled him back in. The elevator door closed. The next thing I knew I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close.

 

Three years. He was gone for three years. He went somewhere where I couldn’t reach him. All of a sudden here he was standing in front of me and I would be damned if I let go of him.

 

Jaejoong and I hated each other from the start. Even though I hated him a part of him also liked him. It didn’t take long for me to realize that the like that I was feeling had turned into something deeper. I was planning to confront my feelings after the elections. Win or lose I had to tell him how I felt. He’d hate me but I will make sure that the hate would eventually turn into love.

 

But Jaejoong left and he took with him something important to me. My heart. I was never given a chance to face my feelings. I was never given a chance to tell him how I felt. For the past three years, I tried to find out where he went. But all my efforts had been useless. He plagued my thoughts and I was miserable without him. I had missed our usual banter. I had missed seeing his face with emotion whenever we fought or argued.

 

It was the daily banter and arguments that made me see the real Jaejoong and not the perfect student and son that he was trying hard to show.

 

“Wha-what are you doing?” Jaejoong asked pushing me away.

 

I took a few steps back taken aback by my actions. I had missed him so much that I impulsively hugged him tight without explaining myself.

 

“You… you left.” I managed to say.

“What?” Jaejoong asked again not comprehending what was going on.

 

I was about to answer when the elevator door opened again and some office workers went in the elevator. They stood between us and we were forced in to silence. He got off on the next floor and I couldn’t stop him because I was stuck at the back.

 

Damn it. I lost him again. I took note that he got off on the 7th floor of the building. As soon as everyone in the elevator got out I pushed the button to the 7th floor praying that Jaejoong hasn’t left yet.

 

It took me several glares from the people working at the floor before an office worker took pity on me and directed me to the conference room where Jaejoong’s meeting was. I learned that he is the president of the company that I was applying to and that he recently came back to Korea from New York.

 

New York. No wonder I couldn’t find him. He was in a different continent for crying out loud. But why did he leave? That was the question running through my mind all these years. Why did Kim Jaejoong suddenly disappear? What happened?

 

My questions needed to be answered. I took a deep breath then slowly opened the conference room’s door. It was fortunate enough that the door was at the very back of the room. I saw Jaejoong standing in the very center of the room with a power point presentation projected behind him. He was apologizing for being late then proceeded right away to presenting.

 

I saw a different Jaejoong right then and there. He stood with the same confidence that he had, but this time instead of a cold demeanor he had a different side. Gone was the serious and distant guy that I knew at school.

 

He presented well with inserting a joke or two that made the people in the room laugh and clap. Even though he was cracking jokes he still maintained the seriousness of his presentation.

 

He stopped for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter