PART 4

Aiding Your Wounds

Chorong put her arms around Bomi’s neck and Bomi’s arms were around Chorong’s waist. They swayed to the beat of the music that the stereo played.

 

Eunji looked at Bomi and Chorong dancing and chuckled a bit, this was the first time that she saw Bomi not working. Literally every time she saw the girl, she was pouring drinks or prepping garnishes or wiping tables.

 

Bomi’s hand slid down lower Chorong’s ; it was unintentional at first, but even when Bomi noticed she didn’t stop. Bomi slowly let her hand slide and it eventually met up with Chorong’s cheek.

 

Chorong noticed when Bomi d her softly and she was shocked for a second, but decide to let the girl do what she wanted. “Nice .” Bomi joked and Chorong glared at her. “Shut up, Bomi.”

 

Next, a new high tempo song came on. It was some dubstep or electro, something along the lines of that. Chorong noticed all the people who switched from facing each other, to against crotch.

 

“That’s called grinding, turn around.” Bomi said and laughed at the blushing girl infront of her. It was obvious that Chorong didn’t dance in clubs much, and she didn’t want the girl to be clueless.

 

“Just like.. Rub your against me.” Bomi struggled to explain the simple dance and she started laughing. Chorong felt awkward but did it anyway, trying to copy what the other girls were doing.

 

“That looks about right.” Bomi looked at Chorong’s swaying against her and she smirked, for a girl who never grinded before she was pretty good at it. “Woo! Get it Bomi!” An amused, wide-mouthed Eunji shouts while grinding with some skinny brunette not too far from Chorong and Bomi.

 

Chen had sent Eunji off to have fun and said he would take over the bar for the night. He would occasionally do that to pass time when he didn’t have anything to do.

 

“You wanna come to my place tonight?” Bomi asks Chorong out of the blue, Bomi didn’t expect a yes but she had hopes. And of course she was asking for but she knew that she was fine if Chorong didn’t want to have with her. She just wanted to spend more time with Chorong for some reason.

 

“Is that code for ‘have with me’?” They were still grinding but they did it for such a long time that it just felt like they were standing still. “Well, is a possibility but I just want someone to spend the night with.”

 

Chorong took up Bomi’s offer. “Let’s go then.” Chorong takes Bomi’s hand and starts to drag her. “Right now?” Bomi asks following along and Chorong shrugs. “Might as well...”

 

They get into Bomi’s car. “You’re car doesn’t match your ego.” Chorong jokes and Bomi was use to comments about her car by now. “Yeah.. All I could afford but it runs good.” She pats the steering wheel and accidentally beeps the horn in the process.

 

The person in front of them sticks their middle finger out the window and Bomi’s eyes widen. Chorong starts to laugh super hard, “Ahaha, dork!” She pushes her index finger at Bomi’s head.

 

“..” Bomi mumbled suddenly. “What is it?” Chorong looks at her. “My roommates are freaking home tonight.” Bomi rolls her eyes, she couldn’t afford to rent a place all by herself so being with 2 other girls who just so happen to be a couple that have every night that they are there (loudly) was her only option. They have another place that they stay at so they aren’t there every night.

 

“Well, it’s not like we’re gonna do anything ual.” Chorong says grinning at Bomi looking displeased. “Well, us not being able to do anything while they are there is one part of it but it’s mostly because Minah and Sojin’s moans are literally screams.”

 

Chorong was laughing really hard, the hardest she’s laughed in maybe the whole year. Bomi made her feel at ease, relaxed. Chorong wasn’t sure if it was because Bomi was her friend, or because Bomi was Bomi.

 

“Let’s go to my place, there are no distractions.” Chorong suggest and Bomi immediately agrees hearing ‘no distractions’. Chorong punches in her address on the GSP and they make their way to the girl’s apartment.

 

Chorong holds Bomi’s hand and opens the door with her key, leading the ombre-haired girl into her modern empty apartment. “Sit, let’s watch a movie.” Chorong says and plops herself onto the white couch infront of the TV.

 

She fires up Netflix and hands Bomi the remote. “Horror?” Chorong hesitantly nods, “I hate scary movies though.” She frowns and Bomi grins heroically. “It’s okay, Bomi’s here to protect you.” She says to Chorong who rolls her eyes. “Please never talk in third person ever again.” Bomi nods ashamedly.

 

Bomi puts on some horror movie with a load of gore. “Bomi, I hate this movie!” Chorong hides herself in Bomi’s chest and Bomi’s arm is over her shoulder. “Shh.. It’s the good part.” ‘.. You said you would protect me.” Chorong thought as she looked at Bomi, irritated.

 

Chorong tried to watch the rest of the movie without screaming but it didn’t work out. Abruptly a man with a chainsaw cuts a man in half and Chorong screams a super high pitched dolphin scream and starts to cry.

 

“You really hate horror..” Bomi closes the movie and turns to Chorong who was still teary. “Aw, don’t cry.” Bomi hugged Chorong and swept her hair out of her face to wipe her tears. She laughs at Chorong thinking that she seemed like a little baby, it was super cute to her.

 

 

The two suddenly hear the bedroom door open and Chorong jumped back, scared there was an intruder. “I thought you said there was no one here.” Chorong leans on Bomi’s chest, both trying to get as far back from the bedroom door as the couch would take them.

 

 

“Unnie.. Why are you screaming?” Hayoung made her way out of the bedroom and rubbed her tired eyes. “Hayoung! What are you doing here?” Chorong rushed up to her sister who she didn’t see for an entire year.

 

“Well Dad said I might as well move out here early so I packed my bags and just left!” Chorong was happy but her face fell flat. “You mean you’re living here now?” Chorong tried not to sound as sad as she was. “Yeah!” Hayoung smiled at Chorong and Chorong tried to do the same back.

 

Chorong was really unhappy with the fact that her sister was now living with her. Yes, it means more family time and yes it saves money (vs Hayoung renting her own space) but it wasn’t great because Chorong really wanted and needed her privacy.

 

“Unnie, I didn’t know you had a girlfriend.” Hayoung went up to Bomi and shook her hand. “She’s not my girlfriend..” Chorong mumbled and her and Bomi looked at eachother and shrugged. “Can I have her then? She’s so hot.” Hayoung sat on Bomi’s lap and Bomi happily let her.

 

“You’re sister is a lot more willing than you.” Bomi teased and Chorong dragged Hayoung off her. “We’re not dating but she’s mine for tonight.” She takes Bomi to her bedroom and Hayoung pouts. “If you two are in there, where am I supposed to sleep?”

 

“You can sleep on the floor and watch us do stuff, or on the couch and not watch us do stuff.” Hayoung tsked and lied on the couch. “Good night unnie.”

 

“Good night Youngie.” Chorong closes the door and locks it. “Does this mean we’re gonna do stuff?” Bomi asks smirking and Chorong pushes Bomi roughly. “Not if you ask!” She shouts at her and Bomi chuckles, finding amusement in making Chorong angry.

 

Chorong opens up her laptop and goes to Netflix, she scrolls through the non-horror movies. “How about The Fault In Our Stars.” Bomi didn’t love sappy love stories but she made Chorong suffer through chainsaws and slit throats, so she was fine with it.

 

“Isn’t Ansel Elgort just so hot?” Bomi raises her eyebrows at her, judging her. “Nope.” She answers simply, almost falling asleep while Chorong is deeply immersed in the movie. She closes her eyes and leans onto Chorong’s shoulder.

 

“Wake up sleepyhead.” Chorong nudges Bomi on the ribs lightly and Bomi shakes out of her tiredness but it’s not long before she’s falling asleep again on Chorong’s shoulder. Chorong turns her head a bit and sees Bomi’s eyes closed and mouth slightly open.

 

She giggles at how cute Bomi was when she fell asleep, it was a break from her usually loud self. She subconsciously starts to lean closer to the tired girl on the shoulder. And eventually, she kisses her on the cheek and panic ensues her body.

 

‘Crap, did I just kiss this girl that I barely know? What’s going on with you Park Chorong?’ Chorong thought and scratched her head. She thanked god that Bomi was sound asleep. She shut off her computer and put it on the bedside table, shutting the lamp off.

 

She gently helped Bomi lay down and made sure her head was snuggly on the pillow and the blanket was covering her body before she got herself to bed. Chorong suddenly feels an arm around her waist and snoring near her ear. Bomi was back-hugging her tightly, heat was radiating off of her and Chorong enjoyed it.

 

She snuggled closer into Bomi and shook her head smiling. “Stop enjoying this so much, Chorong.” She said to herself, her fast-beating heart made it difficult for her to sleep but she tried.


Bomi smirked as she hugged Chorong’s waist, little did Chorong know that the girl beside her was awake. A part of Bomi was actually really glad that the girl she was hugging was acting this way, though she had difficulty understanding it fully. Was it because Chorong liked her or because she liked skinship, or what was it? Bomi spent the night wondering.