PART 10

Aiding Your Wounds

"My parents called me and asked why there was an increase cash flow to my bank account, so I told them that I got a job." Eunji has been putting in a lot of effort into her job at Leo's which was completely amazing to Bomi. In her opinion, Eunji was the absolute laziest person in the world and for the laziest to get a job? Bomi was in awe. 

"Yeah? What did they say to ya?" Bomi asked looking up from her phone, looking at Eunji. What she saw was Eunji, but in a different light. Eunji was grinning, and biting we lip to keep herself from looking too happy. She actually looked healthy happy, it was the first Bomi has seen of her. "They said they were proud of me." She beamed and Bomi congratulated her. "Hey, I'm proud of you too, Eun." Bomi wanted to say so much more to Eunji but she didn't to avoid a cheesy sappy scene in a bar. 

"Bomi, thanks. You're always out to help people that mean less than nothing to you. I'm glad you didn't see me as hopeless, you're probably the first to be completely honest." Eunji managed to chuckle a bit after her depressing last sentence. Bomi shook her head. "You're parents never saw you as hopeless, if they did they would think you were lying about the job or said that you probably would be fired in a week. They said they were proud, don't disappoint them." Eunji smiled, her parents were proud of her. This whole time Eunji was thinking that alcohol and girls made her happy but nothing made her happier than what her parents said. 

Eunji jumped over the bar top and embraced Bomi in the tightest hug ever. "I love you so much, Yoon!" She squealed and Bomi just rolled her eyes, thinking the girl was being stupid. "C'mon! Hug me back, you said you were proud of me!" Bomi looked at Eunji's pout and looked at her weirdly but she hugged the younger back just to make her stop. The two were interrupted by someone clear their throat. They looked up and saw a very angry Chorong, by instinct Bomi pushed her friend off of her. "Rong baby!" Bomi ran to give Chorong a kiss but got pushed away. "Jung! Why were you hugging my Bomi?!?" Chorong shouted at Eunji, Eunji looked at Bomi unsure of what to do but Bomi just grinned at her misery. "You're wonderful girlfriend had helped me pick my life back together. Actually, after all that she's done for me you should be glad I didn't pounce on her and make love to her." Eunji joked, she coughed it off awkwardly when Chorong glared at her, she then muttered an apology.

Bomi approached Chorong and kissed Chorong's lips gently. "So why is my princess here?" Bomi planted some more kisses on Chorong's neck, Eunji resumed working, trying not to look at Bomi eating up poor Chorong."Well my dad actually came to visit Hayoung and me and so... I wanted him to meet you!" Bomi stopped the older's neck when she heard this. "Did you tell him my name yet? If not, I'm not going!" Bomi ran away back to the bar. "I already told him about you so you have to come." Chorong whined and tugged at Bomi's sleeve. "I am so not ready to meet your father!" Bomi panicked then Chorong grabbed Bomi head, she position her lips at Bomi's ear and whispered. "You know how I told you I saw you in my dream? Well, it was a very steamy, hot dream. And if you come, I promise to reenact that y dream with you." She said in the breathiest, raspy voice she could. She then took part of Bomi's ear in , she bit it lightly then . "You got yourself a deal, Chorong." As soon as Chorong heard the words she backed off and smiled. "Okay, see you at 7 at my place." She exited the building with Bomi still staring lovingly at her. 

"She plays you like a puppet." Eunji laughed out. It was true though, whenever she didn't want to do anything all it took was some dirty whispers if Chorong's and she was tranced. Bomi was the very definition of whipped."Hey! Tell me right now that if you you had a girlfriend like that, you wouldn't fall for everything she did to you." Eunji shrugged at the awkward question, it was better not to answer questions like that about others' partners. "You should really get a girlfriend soon. Everything is so much better when there's real romantic connections and emotions, especially ." Bomi's last word caught Eunji's attention. "Well.. I actually have even noticing this real cute girl hanging out here recently." 

Bomi smiled, in the matter of a couple days Eunji had changed before her very eyes. She was more mature, and set goals or herself. "What's her name?" Eunji subconsciously had a loving expression when she thought of the brunette. "Son Naeun. That night Chorong came in dressed in that sequin dress, that was the night we first met. She goes to Seoul U. and works at the cafe at the corner of Prince street." Bomi nodded knowing who Eunji was talking about. Naeun worked at the store everyday since it was summer now, she was a waitress. "How about we go an visit her?" Eunji took a glance at Bomi who looked as cunning as a fox. 

"I don't wanna lose this job, Bomi. My parents are proud." Eunji said seriously, she really pulled her weight at he bar. Since she's started working at Leo's, Bomi's work was cut into more than half. "I know for a fact he is at his brother's wedding tonight, you don't have to worry about it. We'll be back in 30 minutes, were done with prep anyways." Eunji has hesitate for a second but ended up falling weak, her job could wait, she really wanted to see Naeun too. 

They grabbed their bags and left the bar, walking toward the next street light on he road to talk the left turn. Eunji was talking about all the stuff she learned about Naeun so far and Bomi was actually paying attention until she saw someone he recognized. "Mrs. Lee! It's me Bomi, what are you doing here?" Bomi bowed to Hyeri's mother politely. "Actually, I'm here for you. Hyeri she had an online diary that she put everything in. One of her last wishes was to buy you a car when she got back from Melbourne. She said in her logs that a Mercedes was good for you for a whole bunch of reasons. So we granted her wish." Mrs. Lee lead Bomi to a big black Mercedes, and Hyeri was right, Bomi did love it. Mrs. Lee handed Bomi the car keys, "It's yours Bomi!" She smiled brightly at her daughter's best friend. Hyeri used to bring Bomi to the mansion often and Mrs. Lee was always very fond of how happy Bomi made her youngest daughter. 

Bomi looked at the black haired lady wide eyed. "Mrs. Lee, I am very thankful but I can't take this gift from you." It pained Bomi to say this but she would never be able to take the car staring her right in the eyes without feeling like she owed the Lee family something. "Bomi-ah, you've known Hyeri for years and from what I've saw those were the happiest years of her life. You know her, her integrity is as strong as ocean waves. She promised you this and she wouldn't break that promise even if she passed away." Hyeri's mother sincerely places the key in Bomi's palm didn't take no for an answer. Before Bomi could protest further, the lady jumped in a limo and drove away.

"In case you're confused, you're dead ex-girlfriend just bought you an expensive car." As usual, Eunji was being an insensitive brat, she took the key and ran to the car, taking the drivers seat. "Okay first of all, she wasn't my girlfriend. And second of all, I know, I'm not stupid." Eunji turned the key and started driving toward Naeun's cafe. "You seem pretty dumb to me, I mean you persistently declined a free ing car." Eunji laughed out while Bomi was getting increasingly annoyed at all of Eunji's inconsiderate and thoughtless comments. "For your information I'm gonna feel guilty for the rest of my life for taking this car. Hey, why the hell do you get the first drive?" Bomi rolled her eyes. 

"Because Sally matches me so well, all we need are couple tattoos." Eunji patted the steering wheel as if the car was a being. "What the is Sally, that's the worst car name ever." Bomi said laughing at her own joke, Eunji would've been glaring at her if she wasn't keeping her eyes on the road. Bomi thought for the remaining drive there, she wanted to give the car a name that represented her best friend. 

After a couple minutes they reached a small cafe. Eunji excitingly dragged Bomi in and sat down at what she knew was Naeun's section, she knew that from slightly stalking the girl. "There she is... Long brown hair and nice big . Aren't her legs just amazing." Eunji discreetly checked out the waitress in a nice pink dress. Bomi took a short glance and took her attention back to the menu. "I've only got eyes for Chorong unnie. What are you ordering, Eun?" Bomi decided on a hot drink while Eunji was too busy checking out Naeun to even glance the menu. 

"Yo, she's coming! She's coming! Act cool Bomi." Eunji spazzes while Bomi eyes her weirdly. "Hi Eunji! Bomi." Naeun waved her hand at Eunji and just nodded slightly toward Bomi, it was obvious that she liked Eunji. "Hey, you look cute when you're working." Bomi looked at Eunji, it was the first time he's seen her friend so sweet toward anybody. "Thanks. What can I get you two?" Naeun blushed furiously with Eunji's simple compliment. "Orange pico for me, two milks two sugars." Cafe orders were always long as and Bomi took time to memorize hers. Eunji on the other hand had difficulties, she just grabbed the menu and read some random thing off it. 

“A Kopi Luwak?” Eunji blushed at her horrible pronunciation of the drink. “How would you like it?” Naeun asked nicely, suppressing her laugh while Bomi was being an about it, cackling so hard that tears were forming. “Umm, hot?” Eunji answered back the best she could, not sure what Naeun’s question even meant. “I meant any sugar, milk, and cream.” Naeun giggled at the dorky Eunji. “Black?” Eunji answered in a question form, Naeun just said okay and walked back to the counter to enter the order. 

“Congratulations, you just ordered the most expensive thing on the menu. Your order is $80.” Bomi smirked at the face Eunji made, eyes wide opened and struggling to grab a menu from the next table. She checked and sure enough, Bomi wasn’t messing with her this time. “! If I cancel the order now, she’ll think I’m a total ing loser. Ugh..” Eunji groaned. She didn’t have $80 dollars to spend on coffee. When the order came, Bomi was still laughing while Eunji looked at the cup of coffee with total indifference. “Thanks.” Eunji smiled brightly at the brunette waitress and returned to her furrowed eyebrows and frown when she disappeared back into the kitchen. 

“Let Bomi try the expensive coffee!” Bomi shouted childishly reaching for the china cup. “Eh! This was $80 dollars, don’t go knocking it over with your bear paws.” Eunji squinted in resentment tasting the bitter drink. “This tastes like absolute .” 

Eunji raised her hand to get the bill that she dreaded so very much. “This is what you get for stealing the first drive with Puppy.” Eunji scoffed. “You think Puppy is a better name for your car than Sally?” Bomi rolled her eyes playfully, Hyeri’s nickname was puppy and thus. “Shut up and pay.” Bomi smirked. 

“What can I get for you?” Naeun spoke softly and Eunji fawned over her, forgetting her words. “Bill please.” Bomi spoke after waiting too awkwardly long for Eunji to say something. “Don’t worry about it, it’s on the house.” Naeun looked at Eunji lovingly as she picked up the saucers and cups. 

“Really? Why?” Eunji asked surprised. “My mom owns the place, so I get to treat people that I like.” She winked cutely at Eunji then walked back to the kitchen. “YO, SHE JUST SAID THAT SHE LIKED ME!” Eunji spazzed, smiling like a fox would if it saw a fat juicy rabbit. “Calm your , Eun. She technically said she liked me too.” Eunji ignored Bomi’s comment and grabbed the car keys, dashing to Bomi’s car. 

After a while, Eunji stopped spazzing and she changed the subject to Bomi. “So what are you gonna do with your old car now that you have a new one?” Bomi never even thought of Max before Eunji brought it up. “He has absolutely no resale value, so I don’t know. Maybe I’ll have two cars.” Bomi flicked Eunji on the head once realizing Eunji had stolen the second drive in her new car as well. 

“Maybe you could give Max to me.” Eunji smiled fakely, probably trying to make Bomi think that she has been a great friend for the past months. Bomi was gonna roll her eyes but was actually pretty fond of the idea. She loved helping others and her old car had no use to her anymore anyways. “I’ll think about it.” She grinned feeling like this could be her opportunity to force Eunji to do some stuff. 

They drove back to the bar and cleaned the place for about an hour, at 5pm Bomi got a call. “Who is it?” Eunji asked, seeing Bomi’s face change in the matter of milliseconds. “My girlfriend...” Eunji eyed her weirdly. “That’s the first time I’ve seen you so down to get a phone call from Park Chorong.” Bomi knew Chorong was calling in regards to the meeting with her dad and she also knew that if she didn’t answer this phone call or meet Mr. Park, she would go home to a very scary punishment. 

“Hello?” Bomi stuttered out nervously. “Bbom-ah, be home at 6, he'll be here at 7.” Bomi made every effort to think of a good lie, but settled with the most generic excuse she could ever make up. “I gotta work, Chorong.” She could feel Chorong’s eyes glaring at her from the other end of the line. “Chen is at his Brother’s wedding and I know you and Eunji were gonna skip out and close up the place anyways so don’t go lying to me.” Bomi loved Chorong but hated that she read her like a book. “Uggggggh, Chorong! I’m just so not ready for this, I can’t meet him, I can’t.” Bomi cried into the phone, sounding very, very distressed. 

“Bomi, it’ll be fine. He will love you, I promise. If he even loves you half as much as I do, he'll be trying to take you back to Chungcheong by the end of the night.” It didn’t take much for Chorong to convince Bomi usually, she was just being real difficult this time around. “And remember our deal earlier? That steamy, hot dream I had?” And of course, Bomi was tranced. “I’ll be home in thirty minutes, Rong.” Chorong grinned triumphantly at her success, it was amazing how much control she had over Bomi. 

Bomi made her way back to Chorong’s apartment, she smelled the savory scent of cooking. She walked into the kitchen and back hugged Chorong who was standing at the stove, standing over her dish. “Smells good.” Bomi kissed Chorong’s skin. “Yeah, it’s pork bone soup.” Chorong giggled, feeling ticklish as Bomi’s lips grazed her neck. “Not the soup, I was talking about you.” Bomi inhaled Chorong’s scent deeply, Chorong laughed of Bomi’s cheesiness. 

"Would ya back off? For all we know, my Dad could walk in at any second." Chorong pushed Bomi off of herself, despite actually loving Bomi's kisses to her neck. "Hey, this is kind of y; being sneaky about intimacy." Bomi approached Chorong again, she turned her girlfriend around from the soup by the waist and kissed her on the lips. "Bbom-ah, this is dangerous. He has a key and can come in at his own will." Chorong's words were tangled with the kisses. Although it was unwillingly, Chorong slowly gave in to Bomi's kisses. 

Bomi ran her tongue along the older's bottom lip, and Chorong responded by sticking her tongue into Bomi's mouth. They were very well enjoying their session until they were interrupted by the clearing of a throat. 

Both their eyes shot open, both hoping that Hayoung had grew an Adam's apple overnight.